Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 282 Guests

Where do we go from here ?

This thread currently has 13,878 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
February 12, 2017, 1:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
During the last 5 seasons although we won considerable more games than we lost and also finished in the top 5, how many games did we dominate and play he opposition of the park, I would say we were good at getting results, especially away from home but many times we were not the best team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 86
Garth
February 12, 2017, 1:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I wouldn't say Pearson is out of his depth Jaws, Pearson is a good player and easily league 2 standard .

Oh dear! how about our keeper, could have done much better with the first, third and fifth goals, TBH no one came out of it smelling of roses, nothing up front anymore now that Omars gone so the defence has to be a lot better than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 86
pontoonlew
February 12, 2017, 1:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,022
Gold Stars: 174
Some of the reaction on here is borderline embarrassing.

We've just been promoted, we've had a good season and whilst being inconsistent, Bignot has done alright. He's had TWO games post window with players he wants at the club, he's also earned 2 less points than Hurst in the same amount of games.

Yet people are acting like the world is ending. We are doing better than many of us thought we would and a dam sight better than the team who won our league last year. Stop panicking, we've a luxury between now and the end of the season IMO. We're in no danger of going down and a small sniff of the play offs, we can watch without too much to worry about, soak it up and appreciate it. Getting on Bignots back is ridiculous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 86
headingly_mariner
February 12, 2017, 2:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pontoonlew
Some of the reaction on here is borderline embarrassing.

We've just been promoted, we've had a good season and whilst being inconsistent, Bignot has done alright. He's had TWO games post window with players he wants at the club, he's also earned 2 less points than Hurst in the same amount of games.

Yet people are acting like the world is ending. We are doing better than many of us thought we would and a dam sight better than the team who won our league last year. Stop panicking, we've a luxury between now and the end of the season IMO. We're in no danger of going down and a small sniff of the play offs, we can watch without too much to worry about, soak it up and appreciate it. Getting on Bignots back is ridiculous.

How times have changed, whinged like intercourse throughout Hurst's reign, now getting on the managers back is ridiculous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 86
pontoonlew
February 12, 2017, 2:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,022
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from headingly_mariner

How times have changed, whinged like intercourse throughout Hurst's reign, now getting on the managers back is ridiculous.

Hurst massively underachieved and alienated fans for the vast majority of his stay. Bignot has been here 2 minutes tied with some of the shite Hurst signed. I'm all for opinions and voicing things when they're not right, but he's barely walked in the door and he's hardly massively underachieving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 86
Theimperialcoroner
February 12, 2017, 2:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ginnywings
Is it down to the lake i fear?

Damn, that was gonna be my line...

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 86
headingly_mariner
February 12, 2017, 3:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pontoonlew

Hurst massively underachieved and alienated fans for the vast majority of his stay. Bignot has been here 2 minutes tied with some of the shite Hurst signed. I'm all for opinions and voicing things when they're not right, but he's barely walked in the door and he's hardly massively underachieving.

Hurst delivered a play off team for a play off budget year on year, he got us promoted. Hurst is currently turning Shrewsbury round and I'm sure he will continue to climb the league ladder. I don't think anyone is saying sack Bignot. People are just questioning the quality of his decisions and the way the team is performing. He's made massive changes, spent on a big squad and added to the backroom staff. He's yet to show that him or his signings are capable of improving us. It's too early to tell, but I think we've backed the wrong horse. Hope I'm wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 86
HertsGTFC
February 12, 2017, 3:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Cloudy

Frankly, yes. PH very rarely deviated from his standard plan, not the most exciting I'd grant you, but you knew what you were getting imo

Though some would say Hurst played boring football maybe just maybe the quality of players that we could attract to the club meant he had no option to play in a certain way, remember non league players are non league players for a reason.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 86
Mariner Ronnie
February 12, 2017, 3:09pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Garth

Oh dear! how about our keeper, could have done much better with the first, third and fifth goals, TBH no one came out of it smelling of roses, nothing up front anymore now that Omars gone so the defence has to be a lot better than that.

I don't think McKeown could of done a lot about any of those goals to be honest ESPECIALLY the third goal. Don't know where you think he could have done better with that.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 86
Mariner93er
February 12, 2017, 3:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Definitely could have stayed on the nearight post for the first.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.