Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

Where do we go from here ?

This thread currently has 13,879 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
February 11, 2017, 11:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from londonmariner2
Sometimes a good thrashing does you good

Too right mate.
Cost me 140 euros though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 86
RichMariner
February 12, 2017, 2:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
How long was Bignot given at Solihull to get them into shape? And how long has he been at Town for now?

I completely understand the concerns and reservations that some fans have over Bignot, but I'm with the majority - there's no panic.

I was at the match today and I was fuming at our performance, lack of leadership and lack of ideas.

Yes it's a concern that his tenure started ok and we've been getting worse (when you'd think we'd be getting better now he has more of 'his' players playing 'his' system).

I'm also concerned at the lack of wingers, the ignorance of Disley, etc. But Bignot is his own man, with his own plan, and it won't be achieved today or even tomorrow.

I would like to see a positive performance soon. A nice 2-0 win, done the Bignot way (whatever that is) will settle us down again.

Until then, keep doing what you do best, and support the team.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 41 - 86
Mrs Doyle
February 12, 2017, 7:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The only constant is our fans we will always support them but that does not mean we can't vent our anger.

Yes it is our decision but you expect better than that horror show even with so many new faces.

Town fans are never shy in showing their feelings.

I only hope Bignot is better than Hurst and does not hold a grudge against the fans.

Hurst left a very bitter man in my opinion lets just hope we don't have any more of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 86
chaos33
February 12, 2017, 7:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
What is the Bignot way though? I think people are still trying to discern some sort of method in his teams' play. That's what's worrying to me. We keep getting these 'bunch of strangers' performances with no visible tactics. I'm baffled as to what it is he's actually trying to do. Of course, patience is needed but I'm starting to think that he can talk a good game only.......

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 86
kingster72
February 12, 2017, 7:32am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Unbelievable!  We now have a manager with passion and a vision, something PH never had.  The aim this season was to consolidate and we are easily doing that, we are mid-table and it is a position that we would be in had Hurst stayed.  Bignot has addressed weaknesses in the squad and especially centre mid.  To clear out in this window is sensible so the team can be in a strong position for the start of next, any new manger needs time, good god how much did we give PH to get it right, this in the end paid off.  Get a grip people, we have a manager who will oversee success, be patient.  Oh and this inflated squad?  Including the 2 young lads out on loan, we have let go more than have come in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 86
marinerjase
February 12, 2017, 8:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,649
Gold Stars: 147
Agree with Chaos33- perhaps would be easier to think future brighter if evidence visually was there on style etc. From what I've seen/gathered thus far there isn't that evidence. Plenty talk about how good certain players are/can be - and yes, have to give them time - but for now consistency, lack of passing/retaining ball- method/way in which we can easily be hurt - are areas for concern. It'd be folly to not see/address them. You can still support but not blindly..praise when need be and likewise say when things need improving on.

MB has brought in a few of own players, again needs time as this season is all about bedding in. The concern for me is regarding actual quality brought in, losing the likes of Collins (who playing in a back 3 doesn't suit), finding a pattern of play etc etc and consistency. There's a bit of me that see's us struggling; having to rethink and bring a few more in next season. Hope I'm wrong but gut feeling is yet to be convinced we are moving forward/improving. And possibly will be recruiting again by this time next season.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 86
newarkmariner
February 12, 2017, 8:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
People coming on here and ranting about MB and calling for his head is plain stupid,give the guy a chance ffs,last week everyone one was saying how they can see what hes trying to build,ok we got a battering today it happens its not the first time it wont be the last,and as for PH yes he got us up eventually,but over the last 5 yrs i seem to remember getting our backsides spanked by far lesser teams than Crewe,maybe some people on here need to give there heads a wobble its our first year back and things could be going worse,we could be Cheltenham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 86
marinerjase
February 12, 2017, 8:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,649
Gold Stars: 147
'Last week everyone was saying they could see what he's trying to build'

Pretty much guarantee everyone wasn't. Anyway..as said ..have to give it time, hpefully it works out - but those fearful shouldn't be shouted down/abused/mocked for expressing their said fears. In my humble opinion.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 86
newarkmariner
February 12, 2017, 8:58am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
i agree marinerjase,people have the right to voice there opinions,i too am concerned about the inconsistency,but some people on this site just seem to go from one extreme to another,last week very positive this week the world has come to an end,anyway onwards and upwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 86
Bigboy
February 12, 2017, 9:12am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +158
Where we go from here is ditch 352.  It's system that requires very good players.  At the back it requires one centre half and either side players of real pace who can cover the full back positions - not three big slow centre halves like we have.  The wing backs also need to be really fast and able to cover the full length of the pitch for 90 minutes - ours can't. In short we haven't got the players to play this system - and because of that we are vunerable to a team like Crewe who exploit us down the flanks. Cooper with his short socks (did he even wear shinpads) was allowed to take the urine yesterday - one good "robust" Bob Cumming style tackle early on would have quietened him down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.