Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

Where do we go from here ?

This thread currently has 13,869 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
February 11, 2017, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Where do we go from here?

Well a 5-0 drubbing at Crewe is totally unacceptable.

But, it's only nine days since the closing of the January transfer window. A window in which we signed well over half a new team. It's extremely difficult on a day like today, but we've all got to stay patient.

Couldn't be at the game today and feel for the fans that travelled. There's a bigger longer term picture to consider. I can understand some fans losing faith at the minute but strangely after a defeat like this I'm not worried.. yet. We're pretty much safe already, so no panic there. I'm interested in seeing how the rest of the season pans out before making a judgement on the manager and where the team stands. On my part I will need to see improvements in results, playing style and player development by May. I still think it's too early to form a definitive opinion. It's soon enough to start forming one, but one that is open to change or further confirmation.

We're all Town fans, and a day like this really hurts, but I feel it's time for us to be strong for the relatively new manager and new playing squad. They won't get any better with vitriolic criticism, that's for certain. Do we kick our own men while they are down or do we do the best we can to lift them?

Scream and shout and get all the frustration and anger out tonight guys. On Tuesday there's another game to look forward to and hopefully a decent result at Newport will repair some of the damage.

MB was about my sixth choice when we were recruiting a new manager, but I'm prepared to give him a good go before giving up on him..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 86
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2017, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Bigdog
Where do we go from here?

Well a 5-0 drubbing at Crewe is totally unacceptable.

But, it's only nine days since the closing of the January transfer window. A window in which we signed well over half a new team. It's extremely difficult on a day like today, but we've all got to stay patient.

Couldn't be at the game today and feel for the fans that travelled. There's a bigger longer term picture to consider. I can understand some fans losing faith at the minute but strangely after a defeat like this I'm not worried.. yet. We're pretty much safe already, so no panic there. I'm interested in seeing how the rest of the season pans out before making a judgement on the manager and where the team stands. On my part I will need to see improvements in results, playing style and player development by May. I still think it's to early form a definitive opinion. It's soon enough to start forming one, but one that is open to change or further confirmation.

We're all Town fans, and a day like this really hurts, but I feel it's time for us to be strong for the relatively new manager and new playing squad. They won't get any better with vitriolic criticism, that's for certain. Do we kick our own men while they are down or do we do the best we can to lift them?

Scream and shout and get all the frustration and anger out tonight guys. On Tuesday there's another game to look forward to and hopefully a decent result at Newport will repair some of the damage.

MB was about sixth choice when e ere recruiting a new manager, but I'm prepared to give him a good go before giving up on him..

What do you mean 6th choice? Fenty said he was the stand out candidate didn't he?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 86
Bigdog
February 11, 2017, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Sorry Lew. My sixth choice. Now edited..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 86
jonnyboy82
February 11, 2017, 7:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
He is likeable to a certain extent but his management ability or lack of it is now starting to show.

The transfer window was actually worrying for me with the complete mass signings of central midfielders which to me  means he has put all his eggs in one basket in that awful 352 he keeps up with.

Exposed.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 86
Mariner Ronnie
February 11, 2017, 7:53pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from dicko995
I was excited from the employment of MB, I thought a new era was upon us, how wrong was I. After several games gone, I am not impressed at all. He has torn the team apart, bought numerous players, put us into debt, sold our leading attacker, playing a new boring 3-5-2 system that the players cant adapt to, talks the talk in the papers,who is he kidding? John Fenty expressed that he has adapted well to the league, and reckons he is the saviour of our beloved club. Ive been to all the home games since he arrived and have not been impressed at all by his tactics. He tries to win us over by his humourous interviews,and we all seem to go along with it. But, were are we at the moment? We now have an abundance of players, no blending, no attack, no wingers, no hope for the future. I'm so sorry for us die hard supporters who invest our money each match day,and especially to the fans who travelled today to witness such a display. Newspapers print what managers say, and us fans are urged on by this,and our beliefs are looking forward to the game, and then 90 minutes (30 minutes today) after, we are pondering what went wrong. OK, its a loss,and we all expect us moaning fans to come on here and call the team. But to play against Crewe who are abysmal is a serious defeat,an embarrassment. So, where do we go from here?, I don't think anything will happen,it will be just a blip, and an off day. but since MB left Solihull, they have improved. I don't care about red crosses on here, I'm allowed my say, my team come first,and I know a lot of you agree with this. Whats your feelings on how things are going with the new manager?, comparing the chance we had with Danny Cowley coming here, I reckon we chose the wrong messiah.

You man up and keep turning up that's what you do next. On a separate note, to the complete buffoon sat in front of me, if you want to berate and pick out one of our better players and give him non stop abuse from start to finish, I suggest you never bother coming again! Saying that I've never seen you at a town game so I doubt I'll see you anyway.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 86
Bigdog
February 11, 2017, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

You man up and keep turning up that's what you do next.
On a separate note, to the complete buffoon sat in front of me, if you want to berate and pick out one of our better players and give him non stop abuse from start to finish, I suggest you never bother coming again! Saying that I've never seen you at a town game so I doubt I'll see you anyway.

Exactly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 86
jaygy
February 11, 2017, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I wasn't at the game today but from here so far questions have to be asked about:

1, Lack of wingers meaning a total lack of plan B 4-4-2 being effective enough to even bother with. I was sick of playing with centre mods out wide when hurst was here and now Marcus is forcing himself to do the same

2, Giving free kicks away in dangerous areas. Donny, Portsmouth, Stevenage and now Crewe(maybe others?) have all been gifted and scored from these dangerous free kicks yet we just keep conceding them

3, Dizza being overlooked yet again, we were 4-0 down after 30 minutes and in serious need of a leader to settle the lads down.......give the guy a chance FFS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 86
TownSNAFU5
February 11, 2017, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42
Huddersfield's freekick in the FA Cup as well.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 11, 2017, 8:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Defeats happen as do thrashings which we clearly had to day but over reaction in relation to the managers position is IMO completely OTT.

His pedigree at Solihull is good and winning a competitive Conference North and then mid table in the Conference would support the argument that he is not clueless. He is clearly finding his feet and at times falling on his bottom but this continual cry for another manager, much inspired by the likes of talksport and radio 5 call ins, is getting completely ridiculous.

MB is making errors but if he has the ability to be a good manager he will learn from these. Personally I am not sure if he will prove to be an inspired appointment but I do believe any manager needs a reasonable length of time to be judged. I would agree that we have had probably too many changes too quickly although this may prove a positive next season but as fans we are fickle and demand immediate success. Many on here said if fatty Evans was appointed they would not attend etc so obviously we want more from our manager than just results and we could do welll to remember this next Saturday.

We can all comment and make our own observations but MB is here for the forseeable future so constructive criticism of how the team should be selected may be a better and more enjoyable debate as opposed to whether we are going to get rid of him which clearly we are not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 86
ginnywings
February 11, 2017, 8:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Is it down to the lake i fear?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.