Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 285 Guests

Where do we go from here ?

This thread currently has 13,868 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
February 12, 2017, 9:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
I do wish people wouldn't insist on overstating and overdramatising. The world isn't coming to an end. Bignot shouldn't be sacked. I don't think anyone outside of the usual small handful of cranks is advocating that. We are in mid table and we have some good players. Personally, I'm concerned at the frequency of non performances and no discernible pattern or tactics and how often we seem to have failed to turn up, and I'm getting a bit weary of listening to MBs platitudes and football bull****. We will carry on and we will be patient and supportive and voice our views on the forum if that's ok. Actions speak louder than words. I don't care if the manager says nothing to the press before Tuesday's game. Let's hear less and see more. That's my view.

Meantime, enjoy a bit of football humour to soothe the frustration

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmLh2883KX4

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 86
Cloudy
February 12, 2017, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Lots suggesting yesterday's hammering was a one off. It was as far as the score was concerned but not the performance. We have had total and utter no shows at Crawley, Stevenage and now Crewe. These are hardly games against the divisional heavyweights. We beat Accrington at home but were dominated territorially for long periods, even the win at Hartlepool was dire, backs to the wall.

I do have serious concerns about the manager ( I was one of the few who were supportive of Hurst, even if it was only because it was clear what he was trying to do by way of 'us' shape) because I cannot see what he is trying to do. No patterns of play, the major surgery he has done mid season, and this blowing smoke up our arses really grates on me.
I really really hope MB is a huge success but I fear, like some fans, the board have fallen for a smooth talker of little substance. Even those who can see a method and a structure must also agree that there is very much a bull in a china shop style to his management?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
itsnotcoditshaddock
February 12, 2017, 10:11am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
4 at the back required and play wingers, either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3/4-5-1. If it has to be Vose, Bolarinwa, Yussuf on the wing then so be it. Get the players playing a formation they're familiar with. If Chambers could be recalled I'd do that too.

Gunning was a loose cannon yesterday, horrendous challenge at the end, should have been off. Clements was better second half but was totally lost in the first. I don't see how he's better than what we had already. Only player with any credit yesterday was Osborne, but even then he was pushed off the ball too much with a ref that wasn't interested in his complaints.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
headingly_mariner
February 12, 2017, 10:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33
I do wish people wouldn't insist on overstating and overdramatising. The world isn't coming to an end. Bignot shouldn't be sacked. I don't think anyone outside of the usual small handful of cranks is advocating that. We are in mid table and we have some good players. Personally, I'm concerned at the frequency of non performances and no discernible pattern or tactics and how often we seem to have failed to turn up, and I'm getting a bit weary of listening to MBs platitudes and football bull****. We will carry on and we will be patient and supportive and voice our views on the forum if that's ok. Actions speak louder than words. I don't care if the manager says nothing to the press before Tuesday's game. Let's hear less and see more. That's my view.

Meantime, enjoy a bit of football humour to soothe the frustration

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmLh2883KX4

That's exactly it, he has to have time, but we have to see method and progress. It was very bad yesterday and these days happen as a freak performance, the reaction Tuesday and Saturday will be telling. I really hope he can make a success of it but i haven't seen anything so far to suggest he will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
February 12, 2017, 10:37am
Guest User
Quoted from dicko995
I was excited from the employment of MB, I thought a new era was upon us, how wrong was I. After several games gone, I am not impressed at all. He has torn the team apart, bought numerous players, put us into debt, sold our leading attacker, playing a new boring 3-5-2 system that the players cant adapt to, talks the talk in the papers,who is he kidding? John Fenty expressed that he has adapted well to the league, and reckons he is the saviour of our beloved club. Ive been to all the home games since he arrived and have not been impressed at all by his tactics. He tries to win us over by his humourous interviews,and we all seem to go along with it. But, were are we at the moment? We now have an abundance of players, no blending, no attack, no wingers, no hope for the future. I'm so sorry for us die hard supporters who invest our money each match day,and especially to the fans who travelled today to witness such a display. Newspapers print what managers say, and us fans are urged on by this,and our beliefs are looking forward to the game, and then 90 minutes (30 minutes today) after, we are pondering what went wrong. OK, its a loss,and we all expect us moaning fans to come on here and call the team. But to play against Crewe who are abysmal is a serious defeat,an embarrassment. So, where do we go from here?, I don't think anything will happen,it will be just a blip, and an off day. but since MB left Solihull, they have improved. I don't care about red crosses on here, I'm allowed my say, my team come first,and I know a lot of you agree with this. Whats your feelings on how things are going with the new manager?, comparing the chance we had with Danny Cowley coming here, I reckon we chose the wrong messiah.

What a male private, football matches have 3 outcomes, win, lose or draw. The odds for 5-0 were 100-1 so this result was unlikely. I remember back in 2010 after a miserable run of defeats and bore draws we battered Exeter, against all odds. I for one am pleased we have a manager who has a pair of testicles and confident in what he's doing, give the bloke some time, he is a young manager and this is his 1st job managing in the League. He has done well in his short career and I"m positive about his future with Town.
Reply: 54 - 86
Jaws
February 12, 2017, 10:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Was there yesterday but just watched the highlights.

3-5-2 does not work.. end of story. We don't have the pace or stamina in our wide men.

But Pearson.... FFS he was looked to be at fault for every goal... watch the highlights. Marking no-one or letting a man run up and past him. Yet after EVERY goal he is waving his arms or shrugging his shoulders suggesting someone else is to blame. I don't think I saw him win the ball. And before you say how was he at fault for the free-kick... well he looked to be in the wall and the wall didn't even jump.

I like Pearson but could be out of his depth now and his recent good form was a flash in the pan.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
HertsGTFC
February 12, 2017, 12:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from kingster72
Unbelievable!  We now have a manager with passion and a vision, something PH never had.  The aim this season was to consolidate and we are easily doing that, we are mid-table and it is a position that we would be in had Hurst stayed.  Bignot has addressed weaknesses in the squad and especially centre mid.  To clear out in this window is sensible so the team can be in a strong position for the start of next, any new manger needs time, good god how much did we give PH to get it right, this in the end paid off.  Get a grip people, we have a manager who will oversee success, be patient.  Oh and this inflated squad?  Including the 2 young lads out on loan, we have let go more than have come in!

Re the bit in bold I have highlighted what exactly have you seen on the pitch so far that makes you think success will come?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
cmackenzie4
February 12, 2017, 12:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Jaws
Was there yesterday but just watched the highlights.

3-5-2 does not work.. end of story. We don't have the pace or stamina in our wide men.

But Pearson.... FFS he was looked to be at fault for every goal... watch the highlights. Marking no-one or letting a man run up and past him. Yet after EVERY goal he is waving his arms or shrugging his shoulders suggesting someone else is to blame. I don't think I saw him win the ball. And before you say how was he at fault for the free-kick... well he looked to be in the wall and the wall didn't even jump.

I like Pearson but could be out of his depth now and his recent good form was a flash in the pan.

I wouldn't say Pearson is out of his depth Jaws, Pearson is a good player and easily league 2 standard .

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
TheRealJohnLewis
February 12, 2017, 12:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Cloudy
Lots suggesting yesterday's hammering was a one off. It was as far as the score was concerned but not the performance. We have had total and utter no shows at Crawley, Stevenage and now Crewe. These are hardly games against the divisional heavyweights. We beat Accrington at home but were dominated territorially for long periods, even the win at Hartlepool was dire, backs to the wall.

I do have serious concerns about the manager ( I was one of the few who were supportive of Hurst, even if it was only because it was clear what he was trying to do by way of 'us' shape) because I cannot see what he is trying to do. No patterns of play, the major surgery he has done mid season, and this blowing smoke up our arses really grates on me.
I really really hope MB is a huge success but I fear, like some fans, the board have fallen for a smooth talker of little substance. Even those who can see a method and a structure must also agree that there is very much a bull in a china shop style to his management?

Just out of interest was you aware of Hurst's shape within a few months of him arriving?
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
Cloudy
February 12, 2017, 12:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Just out of interest was you aware of Hurst's shape within a few months of him arriving?

Frankly, yes. PH very rarely deviated from his standard plan, not the most exciting I'd grant you, but you knew what you were getting imo
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.