Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 398 Guests

Where do we go from here ?

This thread currently has 13,795 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
big al
February 11, 2017, 8:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from londonmariner2
Sometimes a good thrashing does you good

Do you have her number please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
Cloudy
February 11, 2017, 8:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
We have no choice but to give Bignot time.

Just my view but I cannot recall many, if any, teams, attempting a total rebuilding programme during the January transfer window, least of all one 'comfortably placed in mid table? I am surprised that the normally cautious JF permitted such activity unless he and the board have been totally blinded by the flannel?

What I want to see more than anything is a pattern emerging as to how he wants us to play. I' m baffled. Bignot talked about open attacking football but I haven't seen us play any in any game, even Plymouth away which was the best performance, IMO, under his reign BUT that was very much an inherited team and based on counter attack.

I am worried that the new players brought in aren't even the equals of some of those pushed out BUT I am prepared to give him time to get his team to gel.

The performances at home have been largely shocking all season, I desperately want that to improve.

I hope he gets told to shut the ramblings in the media and get on with getting the team on the pitch playing with some structure and ideally, some sparkle.

A big improvement is needed, I am sure MB knows that, and I still think we need a few more points to be absolutely safe
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
Grim74
February 11, 2017, 8:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
It's a bad start for him but he's still got my support as I'm still on a high from Hurst's departure, However he needs to turn this slump in form around quickly and show he can cut it at this level, because come the end of the season safety or not, if there's no improvement then he will sadly have to go.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
headingly_mariner
February 11, 2017, 8:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Cloudy
We have no choice but to give Bignot time.

Just my view but I cannot recall many, if any, teams, attempting a total rebuilding programme during the January transfer window, least of all one 'comfortably placed in mid table? I am surprised that the normally cautious JF permitted such activity unless he and the board have been totally blinded by the flannel?

What I want to see more than anything is a pattern emerging as to how he wants us to play. I' m baffled. Bignot talked about open attacking football but I haven't seen us play any in any game, even Plymouth away which was the best performance, IMO, under his reign BUT that was very much an inherited team and based on counter attack.

I am worried that the new players brought in aren't even the equals of some of those pushed out BUT I am prepared to give him time to get his team to gel.

The performances at home have been largely shocking all season, I desperately want that to improve.

I hope he gets told to shut the ramblings in the media and get on with getting the team on the pitch playing with some structure and ideally, some sparkle.

A big improvement is needed, I am sure MB knows that, and I still think we need a few more points to be absolutely safe

I think the non chairman has completely had his head turned by the bullshit. No manager has had backing like this since the last bullshitter we had in town, the Scouse Sipper!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2017, 9:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,643
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Defeats happen as do thrashings which we clearly had to day but over reaction in relation to the managers position is IMO completely OTT.

His pedigree at Solihull is good and winning a competitive Conference North and then mid table in the Conference would support the argument that he is not clueless. He is clearly finding his feet and at times falling on his bottom but this continual cry for another manager, much inspired by the likes of talksport and radio 5 call ins, is getting completely ridiculous.

MB is making errors but if he has the ability to be a good manager he will learn from these. Personally I am not sure if he will prove to be an inspired appointment but I do believe any manager needs a reasonable length of time to be judged. I would agree that we have had probably too many changes too quickly although this may prove a positive next season but as fans we are fickle and demand immediate success. Many on here said if fatty Evans was appointed they would not attend etc so obviously we want more from our manager than just results and we could do welll to remember this next Saturday.

We can all comment and make our own observations but MB is here for the forseeable future so constructive criticism of how the team should be selected may be a better and more enjoyable debate as opposed to whether we are going to get rid of him which clearly we are not.

You have put thought into what you have posted above LM but use of the word pedigree is very interesting, apart from just under 3 months in the National League MBs pedigree has been at a much lower level than what he is currently operating at and it's showing.

I don't think in reality many are calling for his head but a few are just asking that he stops "self harming" both on and off the pitch. On paper he looked a decent appointment and I still believe he will be but it feels like he built Solihull over time but is trying to make his mark at GTFC in completely the opposite way. If you go up a level with a new club it would seem sensible to do what had worked for you in the past.

He should take note though.............  I am 100% sure it may not come to it but with the new ground on the horizon after 6 years in tin pot JFs patience may bot be as long as it was with the likes of Woods, Newell and some may say even Hurst.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2017, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Defeats happen as do thrashings which we clearly had to day but over reaction in relation to the managers position is IMO completely OTT.

His pedigree at Solihull is good and winning a competitive Conference North and then mid table in the Conference would support the argument that he is not clueless. He is clearly finding his feet and at times falling on his bottom but this continual cry for another manager, much inspired by the likes of talksport and radio 5 call ins, is getting completely ridiculous.

MB is making errors but if he has the ability to be a good manager he will learn from these. Personally I am not sure if he will prove to be an inspired appointment but I do believe any manager needs a reasonable length of time to be judged. I would agree that we have had probably too many changes too quickly although this may prove a positive next season but as fans we are fickle and demand immediate success. Many on here said if fatty Evans was appointed they would not attend etc so obviously we want more from our manager than just results and we could do welll to remember this next Saturday.

We can all comment and make our own observations but MB is here for the forseeable future so constructive criticism of how the team should be selected may be a better and more enjoyable debate as opposed to whether we are going to get rid of him which clearly we are not.

If you mean the forseeable future is until the end of the season, then fair enough. I wouldn't personally give him longer than that though, unless he can prove he can get the players onside and playing as a team and with better results. He was offered the dream job from his point of view; he has been allowed to discard decent players and get his own in. He will have had enough time by the end of the season and we simply cannot afford to faff about if he isn't up to the job.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
Garth
February 11, 2017, 9:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Never mind the manager what about the players, experienced players like Macca, Pearson, Gunning, Collins and Davies should never fold in thirty minutes like they did today whatever the instructions or system being played.

I`m afraid if these players don`t step up to the plate we can`t expect the newbies to save the day, to my mind Bolarinwa, Osborne, and Andrew were the only players today to come out with any merit, the rest were strangers to each other and lacked any pace between them.

I`m afraid IMO Dyson is raw and is no where near the player that Vernon is regarding holding up the ball and feeding his strike partner, who`s our best two up front I don`t know but todays two are not physical enough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
moosey_club
February 11, 2017, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings
Is it down to the lake i fear?

aye,aye,,aye ,,aye aye aye  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
Jaws
February 11, 2017, 11:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
We lost one game for God's sake. We got rocked by one early goal and the team lost their head from then and folded.

We wasn't in a crisis at 2.59pm this afternoon and certainly not now.

All teams get hammered and have off days. We're mid table, we won't consistently win or lose that's why were mid table.

Watch us hammer Newport 5 nil.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2017, 11:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,643
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Jaws
We lost one game for God's sake. We got rocked by one early goal and the team lost their head from then and folded.

We wasn't in a crisis at 2.59pm this afternoon and certainly not now.

All teams get hammered and have off days. We're mid table, we won't consistently win or lose that's why were mid table.

Watch us hammer Newport 5 nil.

The bit in bold should read "we keep losing games for Gods sake" .............. "bad day the office" is coming a bit hollow, maybe it's time to recognise MB is struggling a bit.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.