Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Update
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 77 Guests

Stadium Update

This thread currently has 35,056 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Quagmire
August 23, 2016, 8:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
How is Peakes Parkway going to cope with all of the additional traffic that these 800+ houses are going to create?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 276
MuddyWaters
August 23, 2016, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Quagmire
How is Peakes Parkway going to cope with all of the additional traffic that these 800+ houses are going to create?

You could have asked the same question about any of the proposed sites. I don't understand why fans of Grimsby Town Football Club come on here and try and knock this site or that site. Bloody hell, we've spent 23 years pissing about - let's get on with it and get the f**king thing built.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 276
Mariner Ronnie
August 23, 2016, 8:15pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Quagmire

They're doing naff all to help traffic flow when these houses are built, they've come out with a disgraceful idea with replacing toll bar roundabout with lights, to somebody that uses roads a lot, traffic lights create more traffic than roundabouts, soon you'll not be able to move down that road, it's not rocket science is it?!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 276
LH
August 23, 2016, 8:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,553
Gold Stars: 174
It always seems dead when I go down there now since they put the money making speed cameras in.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 276
lew chaterleys lover
August 23, 2016, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Cloudy

Having a say and getting others to act are two different things and miles apart.

The major shareholder was hugely successful by squeezing margins and at BP we have seen recently that every penny that can be saved will be saved. Not a bad strategy for many businesses but for a football club planning a new stadium?
More bars, more toilets, atmospheric roofs etc all cost a few more pounds.

Can you see us getting anything other than a flat pack style cheap box like stadium IF it happens at all?

I can't but what I need to decide is if that is better than a crumbling BP

I think there are a lot of us in that particular boat.

Lets imagine for one moment the new stadium actually gets the go ahead and we are planning a brand new stadium from scratch. We have not heard anything at all about design, and what the stadium is likely to include apart from the ubiquitous "community stadium" and "conference facilities."

Some might argue what is the point of discussing detail when we are still not assured of getting the new stadium, but I think it would make all the difference. You have to sell the project to the public and not just keep showing the 20 years out of date artists impression of the "old" new stadium. Lets have a vision, instead of the usual platitudes and get people excited!

Private Message
Reply: 134 - 276
promotion plaice
August 23, 2016, 8:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Quagmire

It seems to cope alright with the many thousands that already use it every day, it's not like football traffic where it is used by many in a short space of time.

I agree with Codger           "let's get on with it and get the f**king thing built".

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 276
Vance Warner
August 23, 2016, 8:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,814
Gold Stars: 105
Can't believe that image of a stadium is still getting used. A new drawing would make a big difference. As would safe standing or some mention of atmosphere. My biggest concern is that we get a two sided ground. Fans will stop going so it will never get finished.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 276
Grim74
August 23, 2016, 8:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I wouldn't to care to much if just one stand was built to starts with at least we would have some kind of progress, more importantly it would be worth it just to see the look on councillor De Freitas face.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 276
promotion plaice
August 23, 2016, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Vance Warner
Can't believe that image of a stadium is still getting used. A new drawing would make a big difference. As would safe standing or some mention of atmosphere. My biggest concern is that we get a two sided ground. Fans will stop going so it will never get finished.

My wife pointed out to me this morning that the Telegraph had put an image of the new stadium in today's edition, I had to point out that I had come across that image some time ago.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 276
Swansea_Mariner
August 23, 2016, 9:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Quagmire

Highways development control will be formally consulted during the outline and full planning process. The council will ensure all the necessary traffic surveys and simulations take place and the developer will have to make any necessary adjustments to the roads and scheme. Let's just have a bit of faith in the professionals who on balance do an excellent job up and down the country with large scale projects.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 276
28 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.