Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Next England Manager?

This thread currently has 16,424 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
June 28, 2016, 10:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Or is it the English players  try to play in a continental way ?    Which they haven't the ability  , they may believe they have due to the amount of continental players in the premiership.   I thought Iceland were like a good old fashioned English league side . Back to the drawing board again , and again and again .

Too many of the English squad are in the comfort zone , multi millionaires bring told by the media how brilliant they are , when in fact they're pretty ordinary.  I believe we would get a better squad picked from the championship .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 140
diehardmariner
June 28, 2016, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,613
Gold Stars: 538
If anyone seriously thinks a new manager will magically transform our fortunes, can I have some of what they're on please?

Yes we can argue until the end of time about how badly Hodgson got his tactics and selections, the decision to keep Kane on was absolutely baffling especially when he took his all-time top goalscorer off and kept Rashford on the bench until five minutes from the end...still whilst Kane stayed on.

But I'm not sure what any manager can do when the players let themselves down so badly like that.  These are supposed elite players and I didn't see a single one of them take the bull by the horns and lead out there.  

The faux emotion at the end from the players wound me up far more than the performance or the result.  The blame lies with them, absolutely no excuses they weren't interested for too long in that game.  95% of them are arrogant fornicators who believe their own hype and see pulling an England shirt on as a chore.  

Yesterday I berated the social situations that have left us in a position where we can't produce decent players, you can produce the best players in the world but if they rock up with an attitude like that it makes no difference.  Iceland embarrassed us in every single way.  They wanted it and they got what they deserved.  In all honesty it could have been 3-1, 4-1 maybe even 5-1.  

I have absolutely no doubt that the useless shower of shits will be on fire for their club sides come August, I truly hope they get booed every time they touch the ball.  They deserve no fandom or worship from anyone, each and everyone of them should issue a public statement apologising for their lack of passion (actual passion, not belting out the national anthem, jumping up and down like an idiot or acting beyond comfort at the end of the game) and then retire from international football.  

The England national side have never been more out of touch with Joe Public.  I don't want these players representing my nation anymore, they're not worthy of that accolade.  
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 140
GrimRob
June 28, 2016, 11:16am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Don't care who the next manager is, the next world cup I hope we don't even qualify for as it's in Russia and they a bent bunch of druggies who should be banned from all international sport. I don't want to even think about international football for six months! I certainly won't waste a second of my life watching any more of this tournament even though I have several hundred quid's worth of bets on it.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 140
jonnyboy82
June 28, 2016, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Neil woods.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 140
AdamHaddock
June 28, 2016, 11:38am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Hiddink, Scolari or Lippi. All in their late 60s but we may as well go for one of them in the short term with there being no English managers remotely up to it

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 140
TAGG
June 28, 2016, 11:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,971
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from NSGY
Only 1 Steve Mclaren

This is FAF 😂😂😂😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7rXwLBapg

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 140
The_Laughing_Mariner
June 28, 2016, 12:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Laurent Blanc anyone?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 140
TAGG
June 28, 2016, 12:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,971
Gold Stars: 124
See Hoddles odds have shortened.

Would be good with these young players I think.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 140
Grantham_Mariner
June 28, 2016, 12:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Paul Groves

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 140
Abdul19
June 28, 2016, 1:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,563
Gold Stars: 216
Someone with PASHUN. For me, Redknapp, Clive.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.