Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 325 Guests

Next England Manager?

This thread currently has 16,332 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
June 30, 2016, 11:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99

We do produce good players, technically. I mean, look at someone like Wilshire or Sterling - technically they are decent players.

You've obviously not seen Sterling try and use his left foot before. How many of our squad are two footed? That's a minimum requirement of being a technically gifted player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 140
Posh Harry
June 30, 2016, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Vance Warner

You've obviously not seen Sterling try and use his left foot before. How many of our squad are two footed? That's a minimum requirement of being a technically gifted player.

I agree with TRRFC. Sterling is technically gifted (am I right in thinking that technically gifted means that they are not capable of going passed a player and getting a cross in, not being able to pass a through ball that's gets to one of their colleagues but they are VERY capable of running straight into an opponent, running the ball out of play without anyone near them and not being able to shoot straight at 3 whites poles and a bit of netting?)

Yup, I would say Sterling is extremely technically gifted  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 140
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 30, 2016, 3:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Vance Warner

Sterling is perfectly capable of using his left foot. He is also capable of going past players, crossing a ball and scoring goals. I am positive that you would see him do this and more in training. What he isn't capable of doing is those same things when the chips are down and the side needs him.

Wilshire can go past players for fun, he can pass a ball in a tight space in the box as well as anyone in any side you will see in the Euros. What he can't do is change his game to fit the needs of the team during a match. He will just keep running into blind alleys with or without the ball.

Even Rooney, the oft called "only world class player" in the team is the same. There are very few players in the world who can strike a ball as cleanly as Rooney with minimum backlift. How often do we see this in an international? We see him scuff shots, balloon shots, miss shots altogether. His record goal tally owes a great deal to penalties. He is nothing like as good a finisher as Lineker or Greaves or .... He can pass the ball well when he has time and space but how often does he give the pass away? But he is a good player. He has talent but he simply has never, ever produced it when it matters.

That is the problem with English footballers. The big stage is too big for them. They get stage fright and they forget their lines.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 140
ginnywings
June 30, 2016, 5:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Southgate says he doesn't want the job and a couple of others have ruled themselves out. They ought to play musical chairs and the last man standing gets the job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 140
wycombemariner
June 30, 2016, 8:12pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Quoted from Meza
Really.  Did anyone actually see that game tonight.  Imo we have decent players that have great potential but playing for a management that

A) didnt know its best 11

B) didn't know its best formation

C) making too many changes therefore damaging player confidence and momentum

D) picking players that were not match sharp and not played all season , Henderson, Sturridge and Wiltshire but get ahead of those that are fit.

E) on form.players not even getting a nod such as Drinkwater, Noble

Noble   I actually laughed out loud
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 140
wycombemariner
June 30, 2016, 8:25pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
I'd not thought of pochechinno (sp?) good shout

Big Sam please or if they go down the Hoddle route then pair him up with a shearer or Ferdinand

Thank intercourse Southgate doesn't want it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 140
supertown
July 1, 2016, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Posh Harry

I agree with TRRFC. Sterling is technically gifted (am I right in thinking that technically gifted means that they are not capable of going passed a player and getting a cross in, not being able to pass a through ball that's gets to one of their colleagues but they are VERY capable of running straight into an opponent, running the ball out of play without anyone near them and not being able to shoot straight at 3 whites poles and a bit of netting?)

Yup, I would say Sterling is extremely technically gifted  

Sterling is Shaun Wright-Philips reincarnated
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 140
HertsGTFC
July 1, 2016, 3:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Not been able to post for a bit but have been looking at this so possibly what's below may have already been said but.....

1 . We need a manager who can get the players to look forward to going to England training/games/tournaments. Make playing for Engalnd a bit more fun and an event for the players.

2. We need someone who can organise a team to win games

3. Someone who knows the English game well and ideally has some international experience.

For me Bilic would be ideal and ticks the above but he is never going to take the job whilst he is at West Ham as he is possibly going to take them to the next level.

The FA would not touch him but Big Sam gets teams organised and up for winning a number of games over a short periods.so ideal for tournaments.

The players are robots created by the Premiership system and we need someone to come in who will allow them to be people.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 140
HertsGTFC
July 1, 2016, 3:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Sorry the bit I forgot to add was we need to bring back the home internationals when there is a tournament as will mean we don't go into the group stages of a competition under cooked by the lack of competitive games and meaningless friendlies.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 140
Abdul19
July 1, 2016, 3:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I'm not convinced Sterling is even one footed.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.