10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
May 30, 2016, 7:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
As mentioned before the club should sever all ties with Andrew Newman, even if we do lose out financially it's a point of principle, I think he's only donated to Operation Promotion and nothing else so it's unlike we'll be losing out on valuable financial support, however I concede the fact I may be incorrect on how much financial assistance he does provide.

The fact that the club is seemingly supporting his ways and means of making money doesn't emanate a good impression, remember we turned down the chance to sign Ched Evans to protect our reputation, we didn't even need to pay his wages! But yet here is the club seemingly condoning a ticket tout, surely that doesn't help our reputation?

How Andrew Newman makes his money isn't illegal but it is morally wrong and this sort of action should be frowned upon by the club, considering the club itself doesn't allow tickets to be sold for more than face value, something what Andrew does to make money, albeit not with GTFC tickets but that's not the point

I've said in the past that GTFC run The Fishy, and incidents like these is only adding more coal to the fire, nothing in the previous thread was unacceptable in my opinion, so the club stop us from saying things, but it's quite okay for John Fenty and Hurst to have digs at us is it? The word hypocrite comes to mind.

With all due respect Rob I think you should be more brave and not constantly bow down to the clubs demands, if not remove the word "independent" from the home page because it doesn't seem independent at the minute.

I know there's certain posters out there who's up the clubs bottom and think they can do no wrong who will red cross this but go ahead and red cross it, red crosses mean nothing to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 95
MuddyWaters
May 30, 2016, 8:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Rob, when you say the club, was it someone writing in an official capacity on behalf of the club, e.g. Ian Fleming or was it someone else? A director for example?

Good point - at least if someone wants to take away The Fishy's independence, they should be named - I'm guessing it was Kim Jong Un.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 95
MeanwoodMariner
May 30, 2016, 8:14am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Davec

I've said in the past that GTFC run The Fishy, and incidents like these is only adding more coal to the fire, nothing in the previous thread was unacceptable in my opinion

Not even when someone said they would physically assault Newman if they met him? Got loads of green ticks. Some people's morals are oddly selective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 95
Davec
May 30, 2016, 8:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Meanwood Mariner

I don't recall seeing that post saying they would assault him, I must have missed that, whoever said it should be a ashamed of themselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 95
TAGG
May 30, 2016, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GrimRob
Some posts appeared on the Fishy yesterday criticising the business activities of a major sponsor of the club, even though they are perfectly legal. These have now been removed at the request of the club. Fans are asked not to attack sponsors of the club who w to the club's promotion and who it is hoped will continue to support the club. Your co-operation going forward is appreciated as the club try and secure sponsorship for next season.

"These have now been removed at the request of the club"

What a load of balderdash should have told them to intercourse OFF.

I know nothing about this bloke and am not that arsed about him ether way. What I am arsed about is people's freedom of speech and the people who think they can trample all over it.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 95
TAGG
May 30, 2016, 8:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 97

For intercourse's sake, it's always Gary flipping Numan on this site. What is the fishy's problem with him? Granted, Cars was the end of a run of hits and he couldn't write an album, but there are some great singles. Clearly, some need to rediscover I Die: You Die and Metal. Also Music For Chameleons which features the bass solo Alan Partridge takes the urine out of.

Code
I hate WWE and those signs were really getting on my Bell end

😂 Brilliant mate 😂 😂

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 95
Ipswin
May 30, 2016, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I miss the Grim Outlook.

This - its disappearance is a disaster and in a promotion season too. Come on guys, if you are monitoring this shitesite please restart GO asap.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 95
Grimsby2012
May 30, 2016, 9:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
I don't see any attacking here, only "FANS" lodging their concerns. I find it a tad distasteful that the club has tried to silence it's supporters by restricting any conversation among fans over their displeasure.....

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 95
KingstonMariner
May 30, 2016, 9:57am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Good point - at least if someone wants to take away The Fishy's independence, they should be named - I'm guessing it was Kim Jong Un.

And I wonder if the person in question thought two or three times before pressing 'send'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 95
GrimRob
May 30, 2016, 10:02am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
It's not easy keeping all parties happy. In my time at the Fishy I have had, at various times, demands from managers, players, players wives, directors, police officers, various club employees, solicitors, photographers and numerous fans of different persuasions. Those are the ones I can remember. All these people have rung me up out of the blue, usually at unexpected times, with their demands. At the moment I am on holiday and had to deal with one of these unexpected requests in far from ideal circumstances. You don't always make the right calls in these situations.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sponsors of the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.