10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
May 29, 2016, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Just a reminder to you Rob, the front of this site says 'The Independent Grimsby Town site'.

Perhaps you ought to change that to 'The Independent till you say something remotely critical Grimsby Town site'.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 95
Ipswin
May 29, 2016, 7:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Davec
What doubts have you got about the Mullen family Ipswin ?

Just asking out of interest

I just happen to think the arrival of overnight local celebs in the form of lottery winners (whoever they might be) in the board rooms of football clubs especially when their monetary contribution is relatively small is not a good thing
Successful football clubs are no longer owned / run / financed by the local builder, butcher, baker or fishmonger.oh hang on, perhaps the odd one still owes its existence to a box of haddock fillets

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 95
ska face
May 29, 2016, 7:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Just as an aside, this YET AGAIN shows that those at the top of the GTFC tree just haven't got a flipping clue.

That thread yesterday was a nothing issue, in the grand scheme of things - it had already died a death and would've been consigned to the archive with the other tens of thousands of threads by this time this tomorrow.

By forcing Rob to delete it, and issuing a statement telling the fans what they can & can't say, they've done nothing but kick up a shitstorm that will have repercussions further down the line.

But still, THANK YOU MR FENTY! I LOVE YOU! WHAT ABOUT THE ORANGE!!!!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 95
marinerjase
May 29, 2016, 7:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
Just change name of this to 'The Fenty' ..jobs a good'un.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 95
Davec
May 29, 2016, 8:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I think the word "independent" should be removed from The Fishy just like another poster mentioned
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 95
realist
May 29, 2016, 8:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
I thought some posts on the original topic were a bit harsh but after reading the suggested articles i totally agree with them. Do we really want to be sponsored by somebody like this and then censored by the  club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 95
mimma
May 29, 2016, 8:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
As far as I can tell, he has only paid to be on the team photo. He's not a club sponsor as such.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 95
GrimRob
May 29, 2016, 8:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Just a reminder to you Rob, the front of this site says 'The Independent Grimsby Town site'.

Perhaps you ought to change that to 'The Independent till you say something remotely critical Grimsby Town site'.

Just to remind you, there's almost never been a day when there hasn't been a prominent thread which is highly critical of some aspect of GTFC on the site for months! I don't know what the club's plans are for this individual but we were asked to help out. He sounds like a pretty clever guy to me, never met him, but we could do a lot worse than a young self-made entrepreneur.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 95
FFS
May 29, 2016, 8:46pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
Some posts appeared on the Fishy yesterday criticising the business activities of a major sponsor of the club, even though they are perfectly legal. These have now been removed at the request of the club. Fans are asked not to attack sponsors of the club who contributed to the club's promotion and who it is hoped will continue to support the club. Your co-operation going forward is appreciated as the club try and secure sponsorship for next season.

FFS

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 95
moosey_club
May 29, 2016, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Chrisblor

No, it has nothing to do with jealously. He is exploiting ticket sales by using techniques to bulk buy tickets for popular events as soon as they go on sale with the specific intent of depriving legitimate customers from being able to purchase tickets at face value. His entire business is based on preventing your average person from accessing a ticket market, so he can flog the tickets he never intended on using at a huge mark-up. While it may be legal, it's an incredibly scummy business model and highly depressing to see the club attempting to censor criticism of him because he's chucked them a couple of quid.

Imagine if we had enough fans to fill Wembley, and you'd missed out on getting a ticket at face value because some ticket tout twit had bought them all as soon as they went on sale - i'm sure you'd be totally fine and be decrying any criticism as 'jealousy' in that situation yeah?

Today i bought a rare Van Gough....i have no interest in the worthiness of the art of the picture but bought it as an investment .......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sponsors of the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.