This thread currently has 15,614 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
May 29, 2016, 9:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,580
Gold Stars: 174
I wonder if people would be as easy with his company's activities if they were to buy up all 3000 tickets for Doncaster away next season to sell off for double the price.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 95
MuddyWaters
May 29, 2016, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimRob

Just to remind you, there's almost never been a day when there hasn't been a prominent thread which is highly critical of some aspect of GTFC on the site for months! I don't know what the club's plans are for this individual but we were asked to help out. He sounds like a pretty clever guy to me, never met him, but we could do a lot worse than a young self-made entrepreneur.

So you're happy to be what? 90% independent? 95% independent? Independent when the club lets you?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 95
austinmitchell
May 29, 2016, 9:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +26
Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing. I'm sorry but what this man is doing is immoral, I don't care if he's being described as an 'entrepreneur'. The people on this forum would be quick to criticise touts in any other form, but because he's donated a few quid to Town he's forgiven. Sad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 95
May 29, 2016, 9:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin
Point is will he be putting his hand in his pocket again next season? 'Sponsors' tend to be more than just single occasion contributors

If not we have lost nowt by pointing out his business methods If he is going to chip in a few bob again then well done son !

I don't care if its Nazi gold so long as it helps swell Town's coffers.

Yeah, on reflection I'd probably draw the line at Nazi gold.
Reply: 33 - 95
May 29, 2016, 9:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face
I'll "attack" whoever I please, thanks, and that includes Fenty, Andrew Newman, John Newman, Gary Numan, Ticketmaster, the Football League - you can't silence people who have objections to certain things

For intercourse's sake, it's always Gary flipping Numan on this site. What is the fishy's problem with him? Granted, Cars was the end of a run of hits and he couldn't write an album, but there are some great singles. Clearly, some need to rediscover I Die: You Die and Metal. Also Music For Chameleons which features the bass solo Alan Partridge takes the urine out of.

Code
I hate WWE and those signs were really getting on my Bell end

Reply: 34 - 95
heppy88
May 29, 2016, 9:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
The fact that the club is receiving monies from an individual that is fleecing the average Joe, who just wants to watch his favourite band or favourite sporting event for the face value, instead of having to pay highly inflated prices to line the pocket of an individual and the resale companies, is bad enough! But then for the club to snuff out discussion, debate and opinion on a supposedly independent forum, for whatever self serving reason is utterly disgraceful. Yes I accept football clubs have to be run like a business, but who said ethics and morality cannot be part of that business model? The Fishy is being censored and the powers that be have allowed it. Pathetic!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 95
moosey_club
May 29, 2016, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,296
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from LH
I wonder if people would be as easy with his company's activities if they were to buy up all 3000 tickets for Doncaster away next season to sell off for double the price.

personally...i would p1ss myself at the thought of him losing money......i have a rule when it comes to tickets...i pay  how much it should be on the face value.....THE PEOPLE.create and sustain touts....stop buying and they WILL die. Simples.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 95
heppy88
May 29, 2016, 10:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
I cannot believe what is happening. The club that represents our community and Town are defending an incredibly unethical practice. A club, that has a supposed pillar of the community (Councillor) at its helm, who should be setting himself as an upstanding member of the community, is acting for purely financial concerns (regardless of the effect the unethical practice has on others) and is then actively pressuring censorship. What next? Contributors suddenly start disappearing from the Fishy because their point of view does not adhere to the clubs? GrimRob are you aware of the precedent that has been set here?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 95
Jaws
May 29, 2016, 10:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Unfortunately people at the club don't know what it's like to miss out on tickets or bend over backwards trying to get them.

Use your nazi gold to fund our stadium or sling yer hook. I might have only donated a small amount to Operation Promotion but I'm sure the net contribution of posters who disagree is more than this guys?

He isn't a sponsor. He bought a squad place to inflate his ego. How often was he at BP last season I bet he didn't buy 2 burgers from Mariners Kitchen in the same game or an inflatable fish a match day program.

I bet he hasn't even drunk on one of those chlamydia stickers in the Pontoon urinals.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 95
Caesar
May 29, 2016, 10:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
This seems one of those classic cases of how to make a mountain out of a tossing molehill.  

Guy gives money to Operation Promotion, guy has some questionable ways of making money, fans discuss questionable method of making some money, posts taken down.  Really?

I really admire Rob and everyone who runs the fishy, it can often be something of a thankless task.  I also think most critcism on here is very open and not censored at all.

But this is majorly unecessary and so sodding counter productive.  I wasn't sure where I was on the debate between iis it morally reprehensible or clever (to be honest I think 90% of how entrepreneurs make money is somewhat reprehnsible, I mean the people behind see tickets adding bookiing fees to each ticket they sell is a way of screwing over people) this kind of reaction to it though seems to make it easier to decide which side of the fence I should come down on.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sponsors of the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.