10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
May 29, 2016, 7:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Absolutely laughable, but not surprising given The Fishy's history of bending over for The Club.

Whoever wanted those posts removed can suck a male private - are fans not allowed to voice their opinion anymore? "Fans are asked not to attack sponsors", I'll "attack" whoever I please, thanks, and that includes Fenty, Andrew Newman, John Newman, Gary Numan, Ticketmaster, the Football League - you can't silence people who have objections to certain things.

Let's remember that there were thousands of people who contributed to the club's promotion - myself included - and we're not sheltered from attacks, least of all by attacks from people like John Fenty, do we need to put his motivational speech up again?

Who's next for the gagging order, the Daily Record?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 95
mimma
May 29, 2016, 7:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Newcastle got into a row with their fans when they were sponsored by Wonga. The fans & media were critical because of the nature in which Wonga did its business even though it was legal.

It's a question of morality.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 95
May 29, 2016, 7:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
Some posts appeared on the Fishy yesterday criticising the business activities of a major sponsor of the club, even though they are perfectly legal. These have now been removed at the request of the club. Fans are asked not to attack sponsors of the club who contributed to the club's promotion and who it is hoped will continue to support the club. Your co-operation going forward is appreciated as the club try and secure sponsorship for next season.

Firstly Rob, the fact that something is 'perfectly legal' does not mean it must be immune to criticism.
There are numerous migrant workers from the EU in this country (though not as many as there are Brits working abroad in the EU) who are here perfectly legally - but they have scarcely escaped criticism from the right-wing press/morons in UKIP/Leave campaign.

Here is an article about Andrew Newman:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scotlands-biggest-ticket-tout-millionaires-8067928

here is a quote from that article:

He added: “Top police officers have suggested that touts are a facet of organised crime and I believe we should regard them as such.

“The law is being broken hundreds of times every day but we need more specific legislation and stiffer penalties for those who are harvesting tickets and making a fortune at the expense of genuine fans.

Thus if this thread refers to the said scumbag (that's my opinion, ok?) your claim that his activities are perfectly legal is itself at least questionable.
Reply: 12 - 95
Ipswin
May 29, 2016, 7:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Can we afford to be choosy? Apart from Youngs (who in fairness might not wish to be associated with any less than squeaky clean fellow sponsors so we have to be careful) I don't see any big name high street companies fighting to be associated with GFTC
Personally I have grave doubts about allowing the Mullens into the club but I suppose their cash is as good as anyones.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 95
MuddyWaters
May 29, 2016, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Here we go again is my immediate response. Say what you like about GTFC as long as it's not critical of anyone with any financial stake in the club.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 95
gtfc98
May 29, 2016, 7:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
We don't want that con man's money. Legal or otherwise. What he's doing is morally wrong, that's my opinion and it's perfectly reasonable.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 95
Ipswin
May 29, 2016, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from gtfc98
We don't want that con man's money. Legal or otherwise. What he's doing is morally wrong, that's my opinion and it's perfectly reasonable.

Whose money are you referring to?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 95
Davec
May 29, 2016, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
What doubts have you got about the Mullen family Ipswin ?

Just asking out of interest
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 95
MrFisherman
May 29, 2016, 7:42pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
It's pretty pathetic by the club what they have done to the Fishy any chance of reminding the Club when they signed a very dodgy shirt sponsorship deal with a locally known conman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 95
gtfc98
May 29, 2016, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Referring to the ticket tout Ipswin.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sponsors of the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.