Reply: 40 - 95
chaos33
May 29, 2016, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,981
Gold Stars: 361
Absolutely preposterous that the club should attempt to tell people what to think and say, and even more so that a so called 'independent' Town site should attempt to censor or edit the views of its own contributors. I hope the fans give this the figurative two fingers and continue to think and say what they want, within legal parameters.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 95
BeijingMariner
May 29, 2016, 11:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
It's glaringly obvious that a football team should not be supporting the practices of a ticket tout.
Anything to the contrary would be funny of it weren't so odious.
This is a major error by Town after taking so much of the fans money in good faith.
Ticket touts are chancers and opportunists, the last people we want supporting our team in any shape.
He can keep his lousy 2500 and they should take his face off the site.
I wonder what the players think?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 95
May 29, 2016, 11:29pm
Guest User
Personally, I'm a huge Radiohead fan, never been able to see them and it's one of my remaining targets in life. I've missed out on countless f5's as clearly I didn't have the clever coding and the algorithms etc, certainly couldn't do the £700 for the Roundhouse though I did pay £80 for Richard Ashcroft tickets at the Roundhouse (£35 tickets)  the day after we won at Wembley via Getmein. So indirectly, I suppose I have * 'sponsored' the club. excrement happens, clever people do better than me, dunno what I think of it.

It is as unsavoury as Wonga but clearly legal. I've had issues with this site for a long time now, the puppet of 'the board', the issues with Jake Olley's SWWF, the Radio Humberside debacle, the Compass FM shite, the symbiotic relationship with the Leicester based Telewag. I was invited back after buggering off for some time by Rob (to be fair to him) but I've never been comfortable with the 'independent' nature of the site since it was shut down by John Fenty and re-appeared gagged in my opinion. It doesn't sit comfortable with me and I haven't ever posted like I used to. It isn't naivety, I agreed a while ago to 'think' before I post and I've tried to stick with that but this is a moderated site, and it is not moderated by the site owner, well maybe he thinks so............

* BPV only insinuates he may have sponsored the club indirectly if the WWE chap has acquired my cash via being generally cleverer than me and my f5.
Reply: 43 - 95
bradzmilne
May 29, 2016, 11:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
For face value tickets... Check out twickets - thank me later. UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 95
GollyGTFC
May 29, 2016, 11:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from GrimRob
Some posts appeared on the Fishy yesterday criticising the business activities of a major sponsor of the club, even though they are perfectly legal. These have now been removed at the request of the club. Fans are asked not to attack sponsors of the club who contributed to the club's promotion and who it is hoped will continue to support the club. Your co-operation going forward is appreciated as the club try and secure sponsorship for next season.

I miss the Grim Outlook.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 95
Jaws
May 30, 2016, 12:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
major sponsor of the club

Not a major sponsor - club would have mentioned it on his player bio.

Quoted from GrimRob
Fans are asked not to attack sponsors of the club who contributed to the club's promotion and who it is hoped will continue to support the club.

Many on here contributed to the clubs promotion yet we were attacked countless times over the season by Mr Fenty and Mr Hurst with the latter even having a dig after winning promotion. I contributed to this club many years before Hurst and would continue to do so after. Fenty a bit different, but our collective effort of turning up in our thousands shouldn't be ignored.

Quoted from GrimRob
Your co-operation going forward is appreciated as the club try and secure sponsorship for next season.

If a sponsor is put off by that thread, then I have to question what are they hiding that they are afraid of us knowing - and should we really be taking their cash? If they're whiter than white then they wouldn't give 2 hoots.

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 95
davmariner
May 30, 2016, 12:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,964
Gold Stars: 79
Very disappointed in GTFC. Let's not have a pop at Rob, fair play to him for explaining why the original thread was taken down. For what it's worth, I would ask the club, in response, to distance itself from this individual. Sometimes the club has to put principle first, regardless of how much money is on the table. If the club wish to encourage sponsorship by these means then I for one will be keeping my money in my pocket other than for tickets.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 95
KingstonMariner
May 30, 2016, 1:07am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Caesar
This seems one of those classic cases of how to make a mountain out of a tossing molehill.  

Guy gives money to Operation Promotion, guy has some questionable ways of making money, fans discuss questionable method of making some money, posts taken down.  Really?

I really admire Rob and everyone who runs the fishy, it can often be something of a thankless task.  I also think most critcism on here is very open and not censored at all.

But this is majorly unecessary and so sodding counter productive.  I wasn't sure where I was on the debate between iis it morally reprehensible or clever (to be honest I think 90% of how entrepreneurs make money is somewhat reprehnsible, I mean the people behind see tickets adding bookiing fees to each ticket they sell is a way of screwing over people) this kind of reaction to it though seems to make it easier to decide which side of the fence I should come down on.  

Sums it up perfectly for me.

(90% is over-exaggerated but I get your drift).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 95
KingstonMariner
May 30, 2016, 1:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
Some posts appeared on the Fishy yesterday criticising the business activities of a major sponsor of the club, even though they are perfectly legal. These have now been removed at the request of the club. Fans are asked not to attack sponsors of the club who contributed to the club's promotion and who it is hoped will continue to support the club. Your co-operation going forward is appreciated as the club try and secure sponsorship for next season.

Rob, when you say the club, was it someone writing in an official capacity on behalf of the club, e.g. Ian Fleming or was it someone else? A director for example?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sponsors of the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.