Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,287 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
November 2, 2015, 5:24pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Ask yourself if four and a half years ago when Hurst arrived someone had said to you we'd be in the same league in the same position , would you think that was acceptable and would you think we would still have the same manager ?
I believe if we had gave any manager with some prior experience the time , support and cash Hurst he had we'd at least be in a higher position than now.
Would anyone accept that if the next manager that comes in and said we'll be in the same position in four and a half years and I'll be calling it success ?
The guys had failed and it's time for a change
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 171
ginnywings
November 2, 2015, 5:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,141
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

The original statement read " this vote means nothing and is only a tiny percentage of the GTFC populous ". The statement was referring to the vote and is correct in that context. It doesn't matter how many fans you have spoken to the vote refers to The Fishy and that remark was about The Fishy. Up to typing this there have been 137 votes cast and 50% of those don't support PH. If you take a GTFC populous of 3,000 then only those on the Fishy count in the vote , that's why it's a vote on The Fishy. The total Fishy vote is 137 which represents 4.56% of a GTFC populous of 3,000. Of those 137, 68 want PH out which represents 2.266% of that 3,000 which is only a " tiny percentage of the GTFC populous ". If you were to do a poll on the 3,000 then that would be a totally different matter but this poll is only on The Fishy.

I understood about 2.266% of that post. The rest is 100% bollox. The fishy is representative of the Town fans and as such, the same 50-50 would probably occur if you polled all fans at a game. Bit like when an election result is forecast from an exit poll of a small number of voters. They are unerringly accurate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 171
Hagrid
November 2, 2015, 6:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,418
Gold Stars: 534
Very interesting debate. Particuarly Grimps point about 4 and a half years ago would i still be happy being in this league at this point. honest answer no, im in the Hurst in camp- as most know- and would love for him to take us up, I think getting rid now would lead to us missing out altogether, i have no faith in whoever the board would bring in, and i think we have a team that want to do well for the manager. howwever if we do not go up this year, i think it may be time for paul to go
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 171
grimsby pete
November 2, 2015, 6:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Just to put this in perspective  ,

We have less than 150 people voting,

AND

There was 5,000 + at the last game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 171
LondonMariner43
November 2, 2015, 6:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,954
Gold Stars: 64
We lost a big game at home and everyone is rightly gutted.  

It was a tight game against a team doing well who also expected to win.  

If we had won, everyone would be on here saying we are closing in on top spot and doing well.

It wasn't a great performance and we lost 1-0 and now we are down in 8th but we are still very much in touch.

We have a quality squad - signed by Hurst.  We missed out last year due to poor defending at a corner from a centre forward.

If we are negative in our tactics, it seems odd that we are one of the top scoring teams in the league.  Early on the complaint was that we weren't defensive enough!

We are all prone to knee jerk reactions on here.  There's around 10 teams in this league who all think they should be getting back in the league - if it was that easy they'd have 10 promotion slots!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 171
jock dock tower
November 2, 2015, 6:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from 28195
Let's back him or sack him

....and if you didn't have a good day at the office in your job, assuming you have one, you somehow think that it's okay to f*ck about with people's livelihoods by an online poll? FFS...

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 171
barralad
November 2, 2015, 6:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

The original statement read " this vote means nothing and is only a tiny percentage of the GTFC populous ". The statement was referring to the vote and is correct in that context. It doesn't matter how many fans you have spoken to the vote refers to The Fishy and that remark was about The Fishy. Up to typing this there have been 137 votes cast and 50% of those don't support PH. If you take a GTFC populous of 3,000 then only those on the Fishy count in the vote , that's why it's a vote on The Fishy. The total Fishy vote is 137 which represents 4.56% of a GTFC populous of 3,000. Of those 137, 68 want PH out which represents 2.266% of that 3,000 which is only a " tiny percentage of the GTFC populous ". If you were to do a poll on the 3,000 then that would be a totally different matter but this poll is only on The Fishy.

LOL  

I suspect that lot will do nothing to ease any possible hangover that Ginny may still have!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 171
Caesar
November 2, 2015, 6:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Decided not to visit the Fishy after throwing my beer can at the TV on Friday night, thought it would only end badly.

As a result am just catching up on the reaction on here.  Got to admit I voted to back him.  Had I done this on Friday I don't know what I would of done.  But I often think the sort of straight yes or no answer isn't a true reflection on views.  I generally have been defending Hurst so would be in a Hurst in camp.  But I think in reality my view is not (excuse obvious but rather hard to avoid pun) all Black and White.  I think it is more a sliding scale of how much you support Hurst.  The recent run, a lot of games unbeaten but more crucially for me as a team who want promotion only 5 wins in 12 is not good enough and (even before Friday) I have been getting more impatient with Hurst.  So I back him atm but only just.  

btw got to agree that it is a top class post from DHM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 171
ginnywings
November 2, 2015, 6:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,141
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

LOL  

I suspect that lot will do nothing to ease any possible hangover that Ginny may still have!!

Just been out for a pub meal after spending the day tiling a floor and am now hangover free but am sat in my armchair feeling like Jabba the Hut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 171
Garth
November 2, 2015, 7:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
My main worry is we force or sack Hurst mid season he finds another club probably at this level but may be higher and half the squad including the likes of Pearson,Macca, Gowling, East,Podge et al set to follow him which is not unheard of.

After all he as the respect of the players there is no doubt about that in my mind.

Where would that leave us ......................set back three years at least with the best side I have seen since down here in tatters.

How would we feel about that? Just a thought.

When Buckley left for WBA he took players with him, did not work out though for him or the players and if I remember right we wiped the floor with them with our new manager on their return fixture
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.