Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,289 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
November 2, 2015, 9:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from jonnyboy82
9th place.

Says it all really.

Short n sweet  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 171
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 2, 2015, 10:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33
Blimey....

Let me just pose this.....

I fancy that a fairly large proportion of those that still back Hurst are only just able to do so, and many are seemingly just about out of patience if you read several of their apparently candid posts on here.

I'm intrigued to know how things might look given the very distinct possibity that we fail to beat Barrow next week. There is a narrative behind the current 50/50 stats on the poll.

It's funny really because I'm naturally conservative with a small 'c' but it would seem clearly evident that many want to persist with Hurst out of fear of the alternative (don't believe in the board's ability to appoint a capable successor, don't believe there's a better manager  available, don't believe that key players will stay and play for a new man etc..). Now, this is hardly a ringing endorsement for Hurst. It's more about fear of the unknown.

Paul Hurst has been here a long time. He's had astonishing backing in terms of resource and fan support. We can go on and on indefinitely getting into the play off picture and that's alright for some, but there are very clearly established patterns in terms of shortcomings and they can't be denied.

I'm behind him and the team as long as he's here and on match day,  BUT, IMO he was lucky to be retained at the end of the 2013/14 season (I felt he should have gone then), had another shot and failed in the play offs last year (albeit very unluckily) and is almost half way through yet another shot at promotion looking nowhere near a title winning side, and the current stats can't be opposed.

This club needs promotion, but its ambitions are inhibited by fear and the acceptance of the second rate.

Could not agree more.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 171
jonnyboy82
November 2, 2015, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from chaos33
Blimey....

I fancy that a fairly large proportion of those that still back Hurst are only just able to do so, and many are seemingly just about out of patience if you read several of their apparently candid posts on here.

I'm intrigued to know how things might look given the very distinct possibity that we fail to beat Barrow next week. There is a narrative behind the current 50/50 stats on the poll.

It's funny really because I'm naturally conservative with a small 'c' but it would seem clearly evident that many want to persist with Hurst out of fear of the alternative (don't believe in the board's ability to appoint a capable successor, don't believe there's a better manager  available, don't believe that key players will stay and play for a new man etc..). Now, this is hardly a ringing endorsement for Hurst. It's more about fear of the unknown.

Paul Hurst has been here a long time. He's had astonishing backing in terms of resource and fan support. We can go on and on indefinitely getting into the play off picture and that's alright for some, but there are very clearly established patterns in terms of shortcomings and they can't be denied.

I'm behind him and the team as long as he's here and on match day,  BUT, IMO he was lucky to be retained at the end of the 2013/14 season (I felt he should have gone then), had another shot and failed in the play offs last year (albeit very unluckily) and is almost half way through yet another shot at promotion looking nowhere near a title winning side, and the current stats can't be opposed.

This club needs promotion, but its ambitions are inhibited by fear and the acceptance of the second rate.

Nail meet head.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 171
barralad
November 2, 2015, 10:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from jonnyboy82
9th place.

Says it all really.

Aww if only you'd said earlier you could have saved everyone from writing some very well constructed posts...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 171
jonnyboy82
November 2, 2015, 10:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Never mind barra.

Sometimes its just better to get to the point.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 171
barralad
November 2, 2015, 10:30pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Never mind barra.

Sometimes its just better to get to the point.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 171
toontown
November 2, 2015, 11:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Some really good points being made and I think its fair to say many of those in the 'Hurst In' camp are less in it than previously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 171
gaz57
November 2, 2015, 11:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
I see there's one vote happy with mid table, would that be PH or JF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 171
barralad
November 3, 2015, 12:12am
Mariners Trust
If there was an award for "Thread of the Year" this would win its hands down. Regardless of which side of the fence you are on there are some brilliant contributions from both sides.

Proper debate. (It will never catch on...)

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 171
Garth
November 3, 2015, 9:05am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from chaos33
Blimey....

Great post says and explains it all IMO, I am one of the Hurst in voters and have always entertained the thought of what if we change manager now scenario fear,  but over the last few weeks I am finding that my support for him has weakend to such an extent that fear now has turned to expectation and a little excitement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.