Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,081 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
November 3, 2015, 7:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
Some really good posts on here. I'm quite surprised by the result so far bearing in mind the Hurst Out camp are far more vocal on here. Hopefully both sides can remember how split opinion is and no longer profess to speak on behalf of the majority of fans on this topic.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 171
A Brace Of Tees
November 3, 2015, 7:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from jonnyboy82
9th place.

Says it all really.

Except it doesn't because it's only November. And you don't win the league in November, do you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 171
TownSNAFU5
November 3, 2015, 10:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,824
Gold Stars: 42
This debate can be encapsulated for me in the Cheltenham game.

We were good in the first half and unlucky not to score.  The "penalty" might have given us a winning lead.  Then this debate would probably have been deferred.

However, we were poor all through the second-half, and the manager did not change it for the better.  Hurst is often risk averse when a bolder approach might pay dividends.

Despite this I am still in favour of Hurst.  He has to take us up this season though. He has had enough chances to do this.

Hurst (and or the Club) can be unlucky in critical games.  Neilson's sending-off at Gateshead, The ref's decision at Wembley v Rovers, and the penalty not given v Cheltenham.  Somebody said "don't give me good generals, give me lucky generals".  

Hurst is not lucky.  Fortune favours the brave and maybe we are not bold enough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 171
Rik e B
November 3, 2015, 11:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
That last bit shows how we've been close... forever 'could have/should have' though  

Everyone says he should have changed it earlier v Cheltenham. In what way I'd like to know as when he did change it it made no difference. Pittman got no service, Marshall was quiet. Sometimes when the whole team having an off day it's really hard to get them to snap out of it. We were constantly pants from set pieces for example which would not help -that's not an excuse one would hope a manager could earn his salt in this situation just saying.

I've heard Hurst say post match a few times 'we started hitting it long...and it wasn't working', like the players just do it of their own accord when out if ideas... How come it's so tricky to nip it in the bud from  the sidelines?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 171
promotion plaice
November 4, 2015, 12:11am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from gaz57
I see there's one vote happy with mid table, would that be PH or JF.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 171
ginnywings
November 4, 2015, 1:36am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from Rik e B
That last bit shows how we've been close... forever 'could have/should have' though  

Everyone says he should have changed it earlier v Cheltenham. In what way I'd like to know as when he did change it it made no difference. Pittman got no service, Marshall was quiet. Sometimes when the whole team having an off day it's really hard to get them to snap out of it. We were constantly pants from set pieces for example which would not help -that's not an excuse one would hope a manager could earn his salt in this situation just saying.

I've heard Hurst say post match a few times 'we started hitting it long...and it wasn't working', like the players just do it of their own accord when out if ideas... How come it's so tricky to nip it in the bud from  the sidelines?

Tait off, East to right back. Marshall or Mackreth on the wing and Brown into centre mid as Clay was pants. This should have been done sooner as it was obvious after 15 mins of the second half we were going nowhere. Maybe if we had, then they may not have taken the lead and grown in confidence. Alas, we'll never know.

Also, if we had a fourth striker who offered something different we could have thrown him into the mix but we still don't have one. We have four full backs though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 171
gaz57
November 4, 2015, 10:36am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Great likeness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 171
Garth
November 4, 2015, 10:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Rik e B

Its not, requires a loud voice and a rolickin to those that are delivering said balls, with advice such as play it through midfield or out wide now and again pass, pass pass
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 171
Rik e B
November 4, 2015, 11:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Just playing a bit of devils advocate here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 171
FishOutOfWater
November 4, 2015, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth
[/b]

Its not, requires a loud voice and a rolickin to those that are delivering said balls, with advice such as play it through midfield or out wide now and again pass, pass pass

Or maybe if Brown had come on at 0-0 after 60 / 65 minutes he could have given the instructions to teammates not to just hit long and hope the ball would stay away from our end, but to keep hold of it more and actively create something  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 139 - 171
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.