Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 35 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 35,852 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 4, 2015, 1:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Another point to look at is the attendance figures,

They are up by well over 500 on last season,

So the paying public must be happy with what they are seeing,

To have over 5,000 Town fans attend on a Friday night when the game is live on TV is brilliant.

We look that we are going to score loads nearly every game,

Its just sad that we can not do it when we play the top teams or are on TV.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 171
Rik e B
November 4, 2015, 2:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
It's true, I think we're looking at a frustration of unfulfilled potential not a forlorn hope. I think everybody can see the players are trying g and that is massive. We all all were swept away with the feel good factor I don't think it would switch so easily without sitting in neutral first.

That's nothing a losing streak wouldn't fix mind but that's highly unlikely and I just praying we can step out of limp mode soon as the fan base are itching to jump aboard the promotion trail ride
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 171
ackomariner
November 4, 2015, 2:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete
Another point to look at is the attendance figures,

They are up by well over 500 on last season,

So the paying public must be happy with what they are seeing,

To have over 5,000 Town fans attend on a Friday night when the game is live on TV is brilliant.

We look that we are going to score loads nearly every game,

Its just sad that we can not do it when we play the top teams or are on TV.

The support is always there Pete and always turn up for an important game. Bet the attendance for the next home game will be a thousand less and that's a lot of fans to lose.

Don't think it means the fans are happy because they'd be there every game, but when there's a big important game to get nearer top spot we somehow member it up.

I don't know Pete, I give up with it all at times

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 171
barralad
November 4, 2015, 4:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ackomariner

The support is always there Pete and always turn up for an important game. Bet the attendance for the next home game will be a thousand less and that's a lot of fans to lose.

Don't think it means the fans are happy because they'd be there every game, but when there's a big important game to get nearer top spot we somehow member it up.

I don't know Pete, I give up with it all at times

I was thinking about this. Do you know whether kids get counted in the attendance when they pay £1? If they do and there is no kids for a quid at the next match that might skew the figures a tad. If we beat Barrow on Tuesday I doubt we will suffer a loss of 1000. Lose and you could very well be right.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 171
ackomariner
November 4, 2015, 4:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

I was thinking about this. Do you know whether kids get counted in the attendance when they pay £1? If they do and there is no kids for a quid at the next match that might skew the figures a tad. If we beat Barrow on Tuesday I doubt we will suffer a loss of 1000. Lose and you could very well be right.

I don't know if the kids for a quid count towards the attendance figures either mate tbh.
Think if we lose to Barrow the attendance would definitely suffer, guaranteed.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 171
DickBarton
November 5, 2015, 1:51pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
[quote=26417]Been a good thread this one has. Honest opinions from both sides, poll very close, still going on since the game last Friday, but the saddest thing to come from this is that the fans are well and truly split over Hurst.....and that's not a good thing for any club IMO  [/

only 84 negative votes with an attendance of over 5,000 at the last game shows by far the majority is in favour of hurst, or Al least not against him. Hardly a split LOL!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 171
cannylad68
November 5, 2015, 2:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Even if we don't make the play offs, I think Paul Hurst will still be in charge next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 171
cannylad68
November 5, 2015, 2:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I should have added that if we don't win the league as well, before every one posts, we will win the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 171
highcliff mariner
November 5, 2015, 2:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from DickBarton
[quote=26417]Been a good thread this one has. Honest opinions from both sides, poll very close, still going on since the game last Friday, but the saddest thing to come from this is that the fans are well and truly split over Hurst.....and that's not a good thing for any club IMO  [/

only 84 negative votes with an attendance of over 5,000 at the last game shows by far the majority is in favour of hurst, or Al least not against him. Hardly a split LOL!

or...only 105 positive votes with an attendance of over 5000 at the last game ?

Private Message
Reply: 148 - 171
arryarryarry
November 5, 2015, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,940
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from highcliff mariner

or...only 105 positive votes with an attendance of over 5000 at the last game ?

Exactly so according to JF's sorry DickBarton's theory of mathematics that must be at least 4,895 who aren't in favour of Paul Hurst.

I just hope he isn't advising his Tory chum George Osborne or we are all in deep sh!t if we aren't already.
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 171
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.