Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,090 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 1, 2015, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

In an ideal world I suppose a consultation exercise would be great. Realistically they take some organising (The vote for the share give away to JF was a monster to organise) and decisions have to be made quickly some times so the latter is much more likely. Speaking as someone who has had the honour to work with both of them for over three years now I can safely say that in my opinion, in any voting scenario they would always have the best interests of GTFC at heart.

Is there a difference between the best interests of GTFC and the best interests of the Mariners Trust members who the gentlemen concerned are supposed to represent?

I'm not suggesting any impropriety, merely that they recognise their responsibility is to the people they represent.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 171
sydney
November 1, 2015, 9:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Spot on ref Wembley
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 171
November 1, 2015, 10:12pm
Guest User
So after 100 votes we are split, with no marginally ahead. I don't think this is a knee jerk reaction, we are getting fed up, only getting 2 points from a club nearly going bust sums it up for me.
Reply: 42 - 171
Rik e B
November 1, 2015, 10:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from barralad

Very good post. Just one small point. The Trust have two GTFC Board members so it follows that we would have two votes in that case.

Even better then! I think it's great we've got some of our own on here who can explain some of the inner delvings of what goes on in the boardroom. Had a very grey and murky feel in years gone by and I'm sure for many fans of other clubs it still is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 171
barralad
November 1, 2015, 10:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is there a difference between the best interests of GTFC and the best interests of the Mariners Trust members who the gentlemen concerned are supposed to represent?

I'm not suggesting any impropriety, merely that they recognise their responsibility is to the people they represent.

Well I'm glad about that at least! I probably should've known better than to try to reply given your penchant for setting traps  
Of course the Trust Board members of the Board of GTFC are there to represent the fans-the clue is in the title. However they are the representatives of the fans on a body charged with the furtherment of the fortunes of GTFC
You'd better give me a scenario where you think there could be a conflict of interest because for the life of me I cannot think of one.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 171
Rik e B
November 1, 2015, 10:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
And the Trust board/important positions are elected by the Trust members are they not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 171
MuddyWaters
November 1, 2015, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

Well I'm glad about that at least! I probably should've known better than to try to reply given your penchant for setting traps  
Of course the Trust Board members of the Board of GTFC are there to represent the fans-the clue is in the title. However they are the representatives of the fans on a body charged with the furtherment of the fortunes of GTFC
You'd better give me a scenario where you think there could be a conflict of interest because for the life of me I cannot think of one.

FFS - I'm not setting traps, I'm asking a question. The thread title gives a clue - if the board is asked whether or not they support the manager, do they get opportunity to ask the people they represent or not? It's a pretty simple scenario.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 171
Tommy
November 1, 2015, 11:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
It's a tough one from my viewpoint.

Do I believe Hurst will win us the title? No.
Do I believe Hurst will get us in the play-offs? Definitely.
Do I believe Hurst will win promotion via the play-offs? 50/50 (so I guess you could say I don't necessarily believe he WILL)

If I were Chairman of the Club, or on the board, I would be quietly sounding out a potential manager who would be open to coming in and taking over from Hurst. An experienced manager who could work with the good squad we've got (but for a few loans), get more out of them and bring a winning mentality and tactics to match. If I could find this man quietly behind the scenes, I'd then relieve Hurst of his duties and appoint the new man.

However, as a supporter, I'm not confident that if the board replaced Hurst, they'd appoint the right man. Nor quickly enough. So I'm torn between wanting more from a squad I believe can achieve more than it is doing, and settling for what we've got and hoping we'll be successful in the inevitable play-offs involvement in May.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 171
barralad
November 1, 2015, 11:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
FFS - I'm not setting traps, I'm asking a question. The thread title gives a clue - if the board is asked whether or not they support the manager, do they get opportunity to ask the people they represent or not? It's a pretty simple scenario.[/quote]

And one I answered

In an ideal world I suppose a consultation exercise would be great. Realistically they take some organising (The vote for the share give away to JF was a monster to organise) and decisions have to be made quickly some times so the latter is much more likely. Speaking as someone who has had the honour to work with both of them for over three years now I can safely say that in my opinion, in any voting scenario they would always have the best interests of GTFC at heart. [quote=1122]

Back to you....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 171
Rik e B
November 1, 2015, 11:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
It's a tough one from my viewpoint.

Do I believe Hurst will win us the title? No.
Do I believe Hurst will get us in the play-offs? Definitely.
Do I believe Hurst will win promotion via the play-offs? 50/50 (so I guess you could say I don't necessarily believe he WILL)

If I were Chairman of the Club, or on the board, I would be quietly sounding out a potential manager who would be open to coming in and taking over from Hurst. An experienced manager who could work with the good squad we've got (but for a few loans), get more out of them and bring a winning mentality and tactics to match. If I could find this man quietly behind the scenes, I'd then relieve Hurst of his duties and appoint the new man.

However, as a supporter, I'm not confident that if the board replaced Hurst, they'd appoint the right man. Nor quickly enough. So I'm torn between wanting more from a squad I believe can achieve more than it is doing, and settling for what we've got and hoping we'll be successful in the inevitable play-offs involvement in May.

Good post and my thoughts are in that same basket. IF the trigger was ever to be pulled some skulldugerous tapping up of a quality replacement to come straight in would be essential
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.