Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In Or out ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Should he go ?
In
Out
Give him 2 more games
'Trust the process'  regardless of this season
Busted flush /David Brent
  View Results 268 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Artell In Or out ?

This thread currently has 8,643 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
AncientExiledMariner
February 11, 2024, 12:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from arryarryarry

Another Town fan who keeps his head stuck up his bottom.

Town fans are no different to fans of all clubs, I've followed Town all over and heard home fans giving their own manager and players excrement as well as reading other fans forums slagging off their own players.

"I see toxicity elsewhere, so toxicity is fine".

Yeah, no. You talk about town fans having their head up their bottom. Ironic really.

Ultimately, these players aren't over 30, some of them are early 20s, some from youth football, and getting abuse from folks doesn't help them build a confidence. There is a reason teams get more points at home that away. Same goals, same grass, same ball, just you have less people cheering you on and when you intercourse up, people will often get behind you and you can forget about it and move on. Of course, when home become a cauldron for your own players to boil in, it doesn't help. You might things it's fine for old man to yell at young boys, and maybe you need that in your life, but in no ways is it useful or constructive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 124
Captaincod
February 11, 2024, 12:11am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
I wasn’t overwhelmed by the appointment, I’d have gone all out for the Cowleys,  but felt the owners must have done a lot more due diligence than JF ever did and trusted them.
I think they’ve been sold a pup.
There’s just something about Artell that comes across as arrogant , the dismissive  little snorts and grunts in interviews at questions he doesn’t like before he composes himself for an answer . He seems a bit like Jolley in his belief in his own intellectual superiority.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to play like he does, but you have set up the best system that suits the players you’ve got until you get there.
I’m not one to usually panic and call for a managers head but this has disaster written all over it. He’s made a bad squad and a bad team even worse.
His refusal to recognise this is the most worrying thing.
For me it’s an out. Get someone in who recognises our defensive problems and addresses them . Even if it’s a short term appointment until the end of the season . We just need to shut up shop and stay up and take it from there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 124
davmariner
February 11, 2024, 12:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,930
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 140381

Yep. Said this at the time. Also see those who wanted hurst out are now hounding Artell. Fúck to all of it. I’m so fed up with it all.

Not strictly true. I thought getting rid of Hurst was a mistake and said so at the time. I also said Artell was a huge mistake to much derision. Where are the likes of Ska Face, who haven’t got much to say as we continue to drop like a stone.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 124
chaos33
February 11, 2024, 12:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from davmariner

Not strictly true. I thought getting rid of Hurst was a mistake and said so at the time. I also said Artell was a huge mistake to much derision. Where are the likes of Ska Face, who haven’t got much to say as we continue to drop like a stone.

Not sure I understand why you would be cross with Ska Face. What is it he’s supposed to have/have not said or done? I don’t have him near the top of my list of people I blame for this debacle.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 124
Yoda
February 11, 2024, 12:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Hurst would of taken us down his stats are terrible his squad he assembled is one of the worst i have seen.
Artell is floundering and looks like a man waiting for the sack he seems to have lost interest.
Bring Shaun and Ben back until the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 124
AncientExiledMariner
February 11, 2024, 12:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Yoda
Hurst would of taken us down his stats are terrible his squad he assembled is one of the worst i have seen.
Artell is floundering and looks like a man waiting for the sack he seems to have lost interest.
Bring Shaun and Ben back until the end of the season.

Where were you saying this before Artell was appointed?

Very easy to female dog at decisions, very hard to make those calls at the right times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 124
Yoda
February 11, 2024, 12:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
i was not overwhelmed when Artell was appointed but he was probably the only option.
The Cowleys where not going to come here being southern based.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 124
livosnose
February 11, 2024, 1:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,168
Gold Stars: 15
Square pegs in round holes … it’s that bloody simple what’s going wrong .

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 124
itsnotcoditshaddock
February 11, 2024, 7:49am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
The truth is he inherited a team of underperforming players (bar one or two).

DA isnt a magician or a miracle worker and he needs time to get these underperforming performing.

It wouldnt have mattered who had taken over, they would still have had crap players to work with

True but you play to the players strengths, make them feel comfortable and don’t try to impose a style of play that quite obviously doesn’t work/creates too much pressure on an already leaky defence. That’s on the manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 124
Davec
February 11, 2024, 8:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,445
Gold Stars: 42
I think the criteria Stockwood and Pettit set probably meant Artell was the best available manager.

Remember Stockwood said in an interview available to us all to see that he is looking for a manager who wants to play the "Grimsby way"  and he defined that as a possession based game. Some managers may well have said to him "I can't do that with the current squad" and Stockwood and pettit may have decided those candidates were out of the running.

Then you have the fact that any new manager were required to work with the current coaching set up and there was no scope to bring in their own men, again this was stated publicly at the fans forum, now I think we all agree that most managers out there would prefer the chance to bring in their own men on the coaching team, so that may have ruled out several candidates
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell In Or out ?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.