8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 22, 2017, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Maringer

Not unless Mills has changed his appearance somewhat.

Yes, watched again, my mistake. Poorly directed header
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
Abdul19
November 22, 2017, 10:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
I was a bit worried about playing a right back at left back but it sounds like Davies was superb there. It also says a lot about Dixon that a 36 year old has added an injection of pace to the position!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
barralad
November 22, 2017, 11:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Abdul19
I was a bit worried about playing a right back at left back but it sounds like Davies was superb there. It also says a lot about Dixon that a 36 year old has added an injection of pace to the position!

Davies just gets quietly on with his job. Played like a 25 year old though last night. Very good professional IMO.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
ginnywings
November 22, 2017, 11:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

Davies just gets quietly on with his job. Played like a 25 year old though last night. Very good professional IMO.

Agreed. There was an incident second half where he mis judged the ball and it looked like the wide man was going to nick the ball from him and be away. He did the most professional foul/non foul i can remember in a while. It was such a blatant block, but done in such a way that it couldn't be deemed a foul and wasn't. We actually got a throw in from it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
rancido
November 22, 2017, 12:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

Agree about the wingers I was just about to post the same, it goes to show what you can do with two wide players who can cause defences problems rather than having to rely on Dembele all the time.

I would also add that I thought Matt had his best game since Accrington.

The wingers were able to be more effective because of the excellent support from the full-backs. I think Mills had a great game and proved that he must be the regular right back. In the same way  Davies should be the regular left back and Dixon must be kept out of the starting line-up at all costs!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
FishOutOfWater
November 22, 2017, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Oh what a night...

Late November and the Town scored three

They were everything I dreamed they'd be

We got the win... oh what a night!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 73
A Brace Of Tees
November 22, 2017, 1:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3
Seriously hope Slade and Wilkinson get the message now...keeping it on the ground with a pass and move style has three enormous benefits:

1) It’s a far more likely way to carve open the opposition and score goals (kinda think that’s the whole point of this game isn’t it?!)
2) It’s patently clear the players love playing that way (and we’ve actually got the talent to do it)
3) You’re more likely to keep the fans onside Mr Slade as we have been dangerously close to breaking point with having been served up that pig-ugly long ball sh1te so far this season.

May this now PLEASE be the turning point!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 2:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Oh what a night...

Late November and the Town scored three

They were everything I dreamed they'd be

We got the win... oh what a night!

UTM

Move over Bernie Taupin  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
Tommy
November 22, 2017, 2:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Davies has done really well at left back. Better than I expected of him and seems to be better suited there to right back based on this albeit brief evidence.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
forza ivano
November 22, 2017, 3:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Seriously hope Slade and Wilkinson get the message now...keeping it on the ground with a pass and move style has three enormous benefits:

1) It’s a far more likely way to carve open the opposition and score goals (kinda think that’s the whole point of this game isn’t it?!)
2) It’s patently clear the players love playing that way (and we’ve actually got the talent to do it)
3) You’re more likely to keep the fans onside Mr Slade as we have been dangerously close to breaking point with having been served up that pig-ugly long ball sh1te so far this season.

May this now PLEASE be the turning point!

did it look like the shackles had been freed in comparison to what had gone before? if so i wonder if RS knew he was under great pressure  and this was almost a last throw of the dice, acknowledging that his previous plan just wasn't working?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.