8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
OMG! The most entertaining game i've seen in many a moon. It had just about everything. Crosses, shots, flying saves, an incredible goal line clearance, a worldy goal, a soft as sh1te goal, a come from behind win and a late winner. Even if the score had been reversed, i would have felt thoroughly entertained. Swindon played their part and made numerous chances but we made more and deserved the win.

We actually played football for large parts of the game and it was such a refreshing change from what has happened in previous games. Still pinching myself, but well done to all, i didn't think they had it in them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2017, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Ball on floor for long periods and a centre forward who caused problems. Let's hope RS doesn't change the left side now but can't understand why it's taken so long to give DJ a start. A lot of 7/8 out of 10s tonight but MoM for me was Sam Jones who worked a lot harder than at any time this season.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 73
chaos33
November 21, 2017, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Mark the lesson - play some football, get results!

Chuffed.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 73
Mrs Doyle
November 21, 2017, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from LH
Good performances all over despite McKeown’s clanger. Who’d have thought an attacking selection would bring goals?

Hearty applause from Fenty and another director tonight when the attendance was read out.

Err Macca also made a fantastic save to keep us in it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 73
TwoLeftFeet
November 21, 2017, 10:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Best game of season everyone put a shift in, great team win fully deserved.. crowd also behind the players even when behind which was great to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 73
thefish
November 21, 2017, 10:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Did anybody else see the back-heeled volley by Dembele in front of the Main Stand (near the end of the game)? Worth the enterance fee alone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 73
LH
November 21, 2017, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Err Macca also made a fantastic save to keep us in it.

I was rushing to post as I am up at 0345 for work so it may not have been the best example of the use of the word “Despite”  
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 73
grimsby pete
November 21, 2017, 10:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
We know Fenty reads the Fishy now we know Slade must do as well.

Now you know it works Russell the same again on Saturday please.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 73
moosey_club
November 21, 2017, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from psgmariner
A thoroughly enjoyable evening's entertainment.

Ben Davies was excellent at left back but the main thing that won us that game was our wingers. Both unplayable at times.

McKeown had an absolute nightmare with equaliser and looked VERY relieved when the winner went in. His habit of letting in howlers was the only real downer and to be fair he also made some good saves.

UTM

Have you been helping yourself to the stock PSG ??
The Macca howler was their second goal.....it was Danny Collins who let their man have all the time in the world to smash it in the top corner for the first.

Great entertainment tonight....from the first 20 seconds when their keeper made a great save.  Should easily have had four goals by half time with several good saves from their keeper denying us.....give all the team credit tonight as the manner of both Swindon goals could easily have killed their spirit off but they dug back in and kept plugging away with some decent wing play.

Second half we started to get frustrated and gave away too many cheap fouls...Rose in particular trying to tackle from the wrong side too often but they kept going and while we were fortunate that their rapid counter attack from our corner didnt result in what i thought should have been a penalty and a red for Summerfield we finally got the equaliser after great work from DJ...thought he had overcooked the pull back but Siriki took a calm touch and didnt panic with the finish.

Easily could have stopped at 2-2 but we went again forced a third...Rose being Johnny on the spot.  Couple of scary moments but held on to seal a really good victory.

Positives - much more of an attacking intent tonight.   Mills and DJ linked very well. Matt led the line very well. Even at 2-1 down the team were applauded off at half time.

Not so positives - Rose, yes he got the winner but felt he contributed little else other than giving free kicks for Swindon. Throw ins....please stop throwing the ball to the opposition. Booing Vernon when he came on.

More of the same and i think we would all be happy.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 73
monkeyboy
November 21, 2017, 10:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I thought Matt played very well tonight pretty much up front on his own, he won headers and held it up fairly well at times and was much better than last time i see him.
The 2 wingers played there part too and caused the defense some problems.

Still something missing for us in the middle of the park though, a area that does need some work.

Central defense were good in most part but still think the age and pace is working against us and think Clarke is the week link, the first Swindon goal even though a crackin finish had what seemed an age on the ball without nowone goin near him.
Hard to pick MOM for me, though Matt did well and his finish was class and his link up with Jones at times good, jones did ok but the wingers get it for me but in a large part due to Davies supporting them on the left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.