Lincoln Mariner 56
November 22, 2017, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from forza ivano

did it look like the shackles had been freed in comparison to what had gone before? if so i wonder if RS knew he was under great pressure  and this was almost a last throw of the dice, acknowledging that his previous plan just wasn't working?

To be honest I am still struggling to come to terms with the complete reformation in our performance compared to every other home game this season. I would also add that at half- time the vast majority of fans sat near me in the upper findus agreed that should we play similarly in the second half but go on to lose the game we would still go home thoroughly entertained. In addition tribute should be paid to those that attended as when we went behind and maybe struggled to get going in the first part of the second half as nobody got on their backs or started moaning but actually got behind the team throughout.

Difference was pace, moving the ball quickly, getting it wide, early quality crosses and getting men in the box. Everything we all wanted all on one night, unbelievable and bloody enjoyable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 73
arryarryarry
November 23, 2017, 3:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

The wingers were able to be more effective because of the excellent support from the full-backs. I think Mills had a great game and proved that he must be the regular right back. In the same way  Davies should be the regular left back and Dixon must be kept out of the starting line-up at all costs!

You missed my point, whilst having a good full back behind you is essential, the very fact that DJ was always prepared to take on the full back and beat him, get to the by-line and pull the ball back especially for Dembele's goal is something that we have been missing with playing Woolford wide.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 23, 2017, 6:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,171
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Tommy
Davies has done really well at left back. Better than I expected of him and seems to be better suited there to right back based on this albeit brief evidence.

Don't know that he's better suited - he's just a lot better than Dixon (panic signing!)
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 73
rancido
November 23, 2017, 7:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

You missed my point, whilst having a good full back behind you is essential, the very fact that DJ was always prepared to take on the full back and beat him, get to the by-line and pull the ball back especially for Dembele's goal is something that we have been missing with playing Woolford wide.

I didn't miss the point and would never take away from the efforts of both wingers. I was just making the point that it was good to see Mills back and it gave a different dynamic on the right wing. After 30 seconds of the game Mills put in a terrific cross which could so easily have resulted in a goal. Mills should be the automatic choice in that position now.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.