8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 6:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Well what a night Town played some great attacking football against what looked a half decent side.The Town side were clearly sent out with the instructions to press high up the pitch and create a fast tempo and it nearly worked in the first 20 seconds. Very enjoyable first half with a well taken goal by Matt a screamer from them for the first a howler from Macca for their second but Town should have led 4-2. Second half I feared the worst WRONG as Town maintained the tempo and the game went end to end with us I thought deserving the 3 points thanks to a good team goal a scrambled goal and Macca redeeming himself with a good late save. How you pick a MOTM from that is difficult but like a few others Summerfield for me he dictated the tempo he won every tackle and drove the team forward reminiscent of Cunnington at his best he really was THAT good.Special shout out to Davies who along with Mills got up and down and delivered some quality balls in.UTM and plenty of   Town fans.MORE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
LH
November 22, 2017, 6:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from TAGG

Is this a urine take???
Less than 3k and they are over the moon.
Fukin bizarre

I didn’t mean it as a positive. Looked more to me like he was thanking those who’d turned up and maybe thinking he might have mucked it up a bit. Very sparsely populated BP last night - wouldn’t surprise me if there was only twice as many home fans in the Pontoon as there was away fans in the Osmond looking at both ends!
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 6:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from OneLove
On a serious note, 18 games for a good performance to start since Chesterfield away. I still won't be buzzing to get back to watch town in a hurry, as much as it guts me, through thick and thin as they say, still not convinced by Slade, Wilko and Fenty. Hope this bites me on the bottom!

I walked to the game pouring scorn on going to Notts County and wasting money and came out badgering my mate to take us to Barnet it`s a funny old game as someone once said.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
Maringer
November 22, 2017, 7:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Looking at the highlights, I see how they had so much space for their equaliser. Unfortunately, Rose fluffed a regulation headed clearance, Summerfield moved across to cover and when the ball then looped back out of the challenge we had nobody in the middle to close the player down. A combination of a mistake, bad luck then brilliant skill. Oh well, at least Rose was there on hand to atone for his slight error at the end.

The Sky Sports report said it was his first goal for the club, which will be a surprise to the other teams he's scored against this season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
Cloudy
November 22, 2017, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Maringer
Looking at the highlights, I see how they had so much space for their equaliser. Unfortunately, Rose fluffed a regulation headed clearance, Summerfield moved across to cover and when the ball then looped back out of the challenge we had nobody in the middle to close the player down. A combination of a mistake, bad luck then brilliant skill. Oh well, at least Rose was there on hand to atone for his slight error at the end.

The Sky Sports report said it was his first goal for the club, which will be a surprise to the other teams he's scored against this season!

It was Mills header wasnt it??
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
Cloudy
November 22, 2017, 8:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Just had a read of the Swindon forum. Many are blaming their keeper for not making more of an effort for 2 of our goals. IMO he was the sole reason we didnt get 5 or 6 last night
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
Les Brechin
November 22, 2017, 8:57am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
I headed to the game last night without that much hope or expectation. It's been battered out of me with our last few performances, but I came away thoroughly entertained.

Stand-out performers for me were Matt, DJ, Dembele, Summerfield and Davies but the whole team played well really. Even McKeown made up for his gaffe with a great save at 2 all.

I suppose that's why we all like the game so much, just a shame there were less than 3000 Town fans there.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
Maringer
November 22, 2017, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

It was Mills header wasnt it??

Not unless Mills has changed his appearance somewhat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
Maringer
November 22, 2017, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
Just had a read of the Swindon forum. Many are blaming their keeper for not making more of an effort for 2 of our goals. IMO he was the sole reason we didnt get 5 or 6 last night

Some Swindon fans are obviously flipping idiots. How could he have stopped any of those goals? He even made another good save from Jones' shot before Rose nabbed the winner!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
arryarryarry
November 22, 2017, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from psgmariner
A thoroughly enjoyable evening's entertainment.

Ben Davies was excellent at left back but the main thing that won us that game was our wingers. Both unplayable at times.

McKeown had an absolute nightmare with equaliser and looked VERY relieved when the winner went in. His habit of letting in howlers was the only real downer and to be fair he also made some good saves.

UTM

Agree about the wingers I was just about to post the same, it goes to show what you can do with two wide players who can cause defences problems rather than having to rely on Dembele all the time.

I would also add that I thought Matt had his best game since Accrington.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.