HertsGTFC
March 3, 2024, 2:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,929
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from davmariner

This is absolute bollox. Holohan put in a real shift yesterday and covered that right flank really well, giving much needed cover to Clifton and Mullarkey.

There were a couple of times in which FGR’s Thompson was able to put in crosses (though poor ones) but other than that they kept him at bay.

I thought it was dead funny when Gav took that FGR player down in the first half to stop them making a break, put both hands up to it expecting to get booked and the ref just had a word, that was a yellow all day long.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 139
GrimPol
March 3, 2024, 2:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69

GrimPol Quote :        An awful lot of attacks got through our right, with some good crosses to follow. Our backs did put a shift in to protect a very reluctant Cartwright.

AEM Quote: Looks like they targetted our right: https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1709401250//id-1717946#id1717946

Clifton did 4* more defensive work than Hume. Looks like Clifton made it very hard for them to put in a good cross...

No disrespect to Clifton our Right Wing was put under extreme pressure but did FGR put more crosses in than Town overall?  I thought they did, but ineffectual as their forwards weren't on the same wavelength or our backs did their jobs. Both I guess.
And yet FGR never changed tack in the 2nd Half, obviously pre-planned as I can't believe our Left Side is more formidable.
After our goal, FGR bossed the 2/3 of the field 1st/2nd half, whilst our third was tougher or their attack was weaker. We did much better than hold on, and if we had more about us FGR would/could have been punished further. Two poor teams played Saturday, with someone on the match thread commenting that their goalkeeper might die of Hyperthermia. I think both should have worn extra jumpers for the work they had to do.  But, hey,  we have a 6 points cushion, 2 games in hand and a Colchester worried.  Not bad after all the doom and gloom (inc me) all week previous. UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 139
rancido
March 3, 2024, 2:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from moosey_club

Would you sit at your table shouting obscenities and call the chef a useless cnt as loud as you could ? Or would you speak with your waiter/waitress and explain your dissatisfaction ?

Exactly! Sadly too many think it's a " one way thing ".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 139
moosey_club
March 3, 2024, 3:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from CodHead

Where did I say we should be screaming at them? Sounds to me that you are trying to put words in my mouth that I didn’t say. We can talk about our dissatisfaction respectfully, I agree. However, their performances have been nowhere near good enough this season. Surely you can’t argue that?

We can't argue on that 😄

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 139
moosey_club
March 3, 2024, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Son of Cod

Depends if the chef had constantly been serving me his own faeces on a plate for months and months and then when his mates finally managed to cobble together a barely edible ham sandwich he saw fit to come shush me.

I think you being prepared to return to a restaurant month after month of being served a plate of sh!t is a concern....I think I would only go once 😄

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 139
toontown
March 3, 2024, 3:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Son of Cod

Depends if the chef had constantly been serving me his own faeces on a plate for months and months and then when his mates finally managed to cobble together a barely edible ham sandwich he saw fit to come shush me.

LOL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 139
tarka
March 3, 2024, 3:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Critical of fans errr we get 6/7k gates playing total dog excrement every week , we take fantastic support to most places still even though we’re one of the four worst teams in the football  league. If the said player was putting his head on the line rather than pulling out of challenges I’d be slightly more sympathetic.

That's irrelevant. Criticise all you like...but don't throw your toys out of the pram if the players bite back.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 106 - 139
Mayaman
March 3, 2024, 4:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,410
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Critical of fans errr we get 6/7k gates playing total dog excrement every week , we take fantastic support to most places still even though we’re one of the four worst teams in the football  league. If the said player was putting his head on the line rather than pulling out of challenges I’d be slightly more sympathetic.

You don't have to go.  You don't have to watch.  That's the lad's livelihood.  You can critique his performances but there's no need to slag him off.   We forget that they are trying to do the best they can.  Imagine going to work somewhere and getting appraised every weekend - and not in a positive way.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 139
Mayaman
March 3, 2024, 4:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from tarka

So, it's OK for fans to be "critical" of players (and critical is being kind) but the players can't be critical of fans? Seems to me that people shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.  

Well said. The people on here name names.  It's personal , A player's attack on the "fans' -  Only take umbrage if you are, a) sensitive and needing some reassurance, b) feeling guilty so you need to defend yourself or c) suffering victim mentality.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 139
Mayaman
March 3, 2024, 4:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from CodHead

Fans pay their hard earned money to watch them play of course they have a right to be critical.
If you go to a restaurant and are not satisfied by the food, you have a right to complain, why is this any different?

Both Maher and Andrews haven’t been good enough this season, Maher seems to have got away with murder this season, I’d go as far as saying he’s looked worse than a boozed up Paul Linwood. Andrews pulls out of every 50/50 challenge which can often leave us in the lurch, don’t understand why, he’s hardly blessed with fantastic technical ability that could affect the game in a positive way.

Because if I go to a restaurant and the food is crap, I don't go back every week and complain about it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 139
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Niall Maher

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.