14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
March 2, 2024, 8:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
intercourse him off. Average L2 CB who has been subpar all season and that's being kind. If he can't understand that there are absolutely loads of us going to watch him at BP and places like Walsall, Salford, Newport, Gillingham, etc. week in week out and that we've done this not only through two relegations to the NL but through two decades of decline then he can urine off.

PH cupped his ears at us after taking us back up. Fair enough. If you're reading this Niall, well done we've won 1-0 at home to Forest Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 139
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2024, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimRob
This was in the context of the goal celebration which shushed the critics, i.e. the home fans. The GTFC tweet has now been deleted from Twitter with the goal celebration in. The players were hurt as well as the fans after all the recent defeats and they are only human the criticism must have hurt. It matters to us but it also matters to them as their careers and futures are on the line.

Personally, I am glad to know they care and want to win for us all, and for themselves.

Actually, some of them, Niall included, haven’t shown how much they care all season. Maybe some of them finally realise that their contracts are running out.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 139
Limerick Mariner
March 2, 2024, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from BraStrap

I blame the parents

I can just about put up with the occasional “there and their” error. But the abuse of “should of” instead of “should have” or “should’ve” needs investigation into potential parental neglect. ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 139
Brummie Codfather
March 2, 2024, 9:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 21
I don’t really get what the issue is with him tweeting that tbh.

I’m more interested in seeing him stopping charging out challenging for balls he was never going to win.  Might be a Halifax thing as Green has a tendency to do the same thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 139
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2024, 9:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
His whit is clearly at the same level as his ability.

I’m glad the players haven’t like the criticism TBH, they might just realise that just because they don’t like what they’re hearing it doesn’t mean to say it’s wrong.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 139
March 2, 2024, 9:13pm
Guest User
A shame that 3 points still ends in this.
Reply: 15 - 139
LH
March 2, 2024, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
It wouldn’t be so bad if Andrews had actually played well. He’s misjudged it and then doubled down which has made it worse for himself.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 139
Son of Cod
March 2, 2024, 9:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Brummie Codfather
I don’t really get what the issue is with him tweeting that tbh.

I’m more interested in seeing him stopping charging out challenging for balls he was never going to win.  Might be a Halifax thing as Green has a tendency to do the same thing.

You don't get what the issue is with a defender who has conceded 5 twice and 6 once at home in the last few months and has been part of a side that has massively underperformed all season deciding to take to Twitter to give the fans excrement off the back of a raggy 1-0 win at home? Why didn't he pipe up after Donny or Walsall if he was that arsed about addressing the fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 139
Brummie Codfather
March 2, 2024, 9:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Son of Cod

You don't get what the issue is with a defender who has conceded 5 twice and 6 once at home in the last few months and has been part of a side that has massively underperformed all season deciding to take to Twitter to give the fans excrement off the back of a raggy 1-0 win at home? Who didn't he pipe up after Donny ot Walsall if he was that arsed about addressing the fans?

Not really no.

We’re probably agreed that we look much better with this defensive line up than with Maher playing though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 139
pontoonlew
March 2, 2024, 9:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
There’s something wonderfully ironic in how irate people have got over one player defending a young player who’s had stick on twitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 139
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Niall Maher

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.