Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

When Artell goes who do you want next.?

This thread currently has 9,977 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
February 19, 2024, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
No they can’t. And I’m sure they don’t. Only question is - do they act decisively now (no real sign they are about to), or wait for another defeat with the clock ticking down and the risk of an even bigger supporter conflagration and desertion.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 123
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2024, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
No they can’t. And I’m sure they don’t. Only question is - do they act decisively now (no real sign they are about to), or wait for another defeat with the clock ticking down and the risk of an even bigger supporter conflagration and desertion.

Totally agree, and in a way, I don’t think the Morecambe result is relevant because we’re only one more home capitulation away from a further meltdown.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 123
nealeardleyscrossing
February 19, 2024, 10:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
The issue you will have is that if you want a new manager, it is a really awkward time to come in with what 15 games to go. People like Appleton need time, he has had a bad time since he left us, but did have us playing good football, but he was blessed with good loan players.

You need someone to come in, organise, have a playing style that is going to get you 5-6 wins - I would be looking at an experienced fire - fighting type of manager, that will put aside everything to keep you in the league.

I would at all costs avoid going with your previous two that took charge when Hurst left - Personally if they have anything about them they should be challenging Artell as part of their role, playing the critical friend - If they are not doing this they are part of the problem.

I would offer 100k to Duff until the end of the season - He does well, enjoys it, then he may well stay and he is a good manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 123
chaos33
February 19, 2024, 10:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Totally agree, and in a way, I don’t think the Morecambe result is relevant because we’re only one more home capitulation away from a further meltdown.

Precisely.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 123
ROKERITE
February 19, 2024, 11:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Michael Duff - though not sure we'd be able to persuade him

Ironically the Swansea fans were on Duff's back from the start and he was sacked after just twenty-one matches. Given time I'm sure he'd have done a good job there. And if 21 is far too few to judge on!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 123
Maringer
February 19, 2024, 3:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As a long-suffering Town fan, I fully expect us to hold out for a battling draw against Morecambe to raise our hopes ahead of the FGR game...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 123
friskneymariner
February 19, 2024, 7:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Mad Gav might not keep us up,but it would be entertaining.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 123
Bristol Mariner
February 19, 2024, 7:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Yoda
When Artell goes who do we want next.
Would anyone want to come here in our position.
I think we need an experienced manager a Steve Evans, Mick McCarthy no nonsense manager who knock some sense into our shambles.

No one will come if they read this forum.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 123
Swansea_Mariner
February 19, 2024, 8:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
The issue you will have is that if you want a new manager, it is a really awkward time to come in with what 15 games to go. People like Appleton need time, he has had a bad time since he left us, but did have us playing good football, but he was blessed with good loan players.

You need someone to come in, organise, have a playing style that is going to get you 5-6 wins - I would be looking at an experienced fire - fighting type of manager, that will put aside everything to keep you in the league.

I would at all costs avoid going with your previous two that took charge when Hurst left - Personally if they have anything about them they should be challenging Artell as part of their role, playing the critical friend - If they are not doing this they are part of the problem.

I would offer 100k to Duff until the end of the season - He does well, enjoys it, then he may well stay and he is a good manager.

This in spades, we need a real experienced hand with a simple back to basics approach.

No more poundshop-pep approach just grit and dig deep.

I'd be super pleased if they threw money at someone to come on board for just 6 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 123
Mayaman
February 20, 2024, 3:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Due to a crappy / corrupt HR, I am free.  My coaching experience extends to primary Vietnamese students.  If I can get them to pass and move, I feel I can do anything.

I might not be on to see replies as I need to work out my next moves.  Will still be watching on Saturdays.  In fact, as I have no work tomorrow,  I could stay up for the Morecambe game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.