Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

When Artell goes who do you want next.?

This thread currently has 9,858 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
MaccasBoots
February 18, 2024, 12:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +683
Gold Stars: 23
Very funny how 90% of this forum want Artell gone yet no on has a serious suggestion for a replacement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 123
DB
February 18, 2024, 12:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Very funny how 90% of this forum want Artell gone yet no on has a serious suggestion for a replacement.

I think it is far too late for a new man with only 15 games left. He would have to get to know the players and bring in his own staff all of which would have to be integrated into the club.

As I have already said, in other posts, I think Ben and Shaun are the best candidates for the job. They know the players and we need a steady ship. Their target is Mission Survival.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 123
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 12:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Derek Adams or Shaun and Ben in the interim.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 123
forza ivano
February 18, 2024, 12:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,188
Gold Stars: 265
Derek Adams, michael flynn or Michael Appleton??
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 123
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 12:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Twice PH has got us back into the league and initially done well in League 2, and both times he has ended up at the Shrews. Both times we have nose dived.

His first replacement was Bignot and his second Artell.

There is a frightening similarity there with two delusional managers who talk a good game, but ultimately are fantasists.

After Bignot, we got Slade 2, Jolley and Holloway, plus various caretakers, so I don't want to even contemplate what will happen when Artell gets the boot, which surely he must.

I'm beginning to think this team is unmanageable, apart from with PH, who seems to know that the only way we can compete is with with a bunch of honest and organised triers, rather than trying to be the Brazil of the East coast.

He said we were spoiled and perhaps he was right, and understood that the Buckley days were no longer possible in this backwater of football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 123
livosnose
February 18, 2024, 1:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,172
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from BenBB
I'm somewhat taking the mick here but Gary Croft. Always seem to say what everyone's saying, intelligent, well-spoken bloke. I honestly think he'd be good at the job.

Got the Turkish influence with his new Barnet …

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 123
The Caterham Mariner
February 18, 2024, 8:35am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
I really don't care anymore. Whoever it is, history says he will be no better than what went before.

I'd like to see Artell canned tomorrow, simply for being a total fantasist, but have no idea who could replace him.

I am totally past caring to be honest.

Lost the Will to live !!!
Me too next manager  not a clue, Me i have 4 games down in my diary  rest of season,  see how it plays out. Going to work Monday  with a brown paper bag over me head !!
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 123
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 8:49am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MaccasBoots

I want Shaun and Ben they would slot straight in from day one. A large part of the job is managing people, young men many of them. We don't need to win a huge amount of games we need short term solution. While they steady the ship we can consider next season. Quite frankly they need to revisit their entire plans. But for now just do the right thing.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 123
grassbandits
February 18, 2024, 8:52am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +117
Gold Stars: 5
Sam Allardyce 🤦‍♂️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 123
grassbandits
February 18, 2024, 9:08am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +117
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grassbandits
Sam Allardyce 🤦‍♂️

Throwaway answer but the sentiment was genuine.

There must be guys who have managed at a high level don’t need for money and have a big enough ego they want to show the world with a 15 game project they still have “it” and should gave been given the ManU/England job in their prime.

How the heck did Warnock keep Huddersfield up last year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.