Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

When Artell goes who do you want next.?

This thread currently has 9,972 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Poojah

I’d have him here in a heartbeat, but his last two jobs have been at the top-end of League One and the Championship. He’d have to be as mad as a bag of chips to want to come here in our current malaise.

Regrettably, I think that might well apply to any manager with a modicum of experience and repute. Forest Green manage to snag Cotterill, but I think geography played a big part in that one.

Any decent out of work managers currently living in the vicinity of NE Lincs?

I would think most out of work managers from the lower two leagues would jump at the chance of working here.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 123
Marinerdeano
February 18, 2024, 10:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Michael Appleton maybe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 123
louth_in_the_south
February 18, 2024, 10:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
The only option realistically in our situation is SP and BD . Not enough time for fannying around choosing a replacement. SP always comes over far better than the loonybin in his interviews. If I was a player I know who I’d rather play for .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 123
Poojah
February 18, 2024, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would think most out of work managers from the lower two leagues would jump at the chance of working here.

I think that’s a very optimistic view, personally.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 123
Mappers
February 18, 2024, 10:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Anyone would be an improvement , even a fan .

I'm only half joking aswell .

I watched a Crewe interview with him after they got relegated from league 1 out of curiosity . It was pretty similiar to the one's here now saying  that he basically 'trusted the process ' and he would continue (they sacked him after 16 games without a win) with the grunts included . His recruitment was shocking in that season for them.

I never want anyone to lose their job , but I would be disappointed if the trigger wasn't pulled tomorrow - the owners are bright people and must be able to read the room .

I have never seen the fanbase so collectively united on the removal of a manager , that's saying something with the dross that has come before .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 123
Running like emson
February 18, 2024, 11:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Agree with you Mappers. I hate hearing fans call for a manager’s head but the sequence of tinpot performances puts me firmly in the Out camp
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 123
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 11:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Mappers
Anyone would be an improvement , even a fan .

I'm only half joking aswell .

I watched a Crewe interview with him after they got relegated from league 1 out of curiosity . It was pretty similiar to the one's here now saying  that he basically 'trusted the process ' and he would continue (they sacked him after 16 games without a win) with the grunts included . His recruitment was shocking in that season for them.

I never want anyone to lose their job , but I would be disappointed if the trigger wasn't pulled tomorrow - the owners are bright people and must be able to read the room .

I have never seen the fanbase so collectively united on the removal of a manager , that's saying something with the dross that has come before .

Strange how he mentioned in the interview that he got Crewe promoted and was manager of the season but forgot to mention he got them relegated as well.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
February 19, 2024, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Did anybody hear any "Artell out" chants on Saturday?

There was certainly a rendition of "you're not fit to wear the shirt" so does this indicate more fans blame the players?

There is fault on all sides, with the honourable exception of the fans who have been patient, supportive and have backed the club in great numbers.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 123
chaos33
February 19, 2024, 9:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
I think the two most striking forms of dissatisfaction and anger shown on Saturday, were the ringing boos that echoed around the stadium with each pathetic goal we conceded -early doors again in two consecutive games, and, the amount of people who got up and walked out at 3-1 and 4-1 on Saturday. The sight and sound of that - no verbal abuse needed - should make any club owner take serious notice.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 123
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2024, 9:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
I think the two most striking forms of dissatisfaction and anger shown on Saturday, were the ringing boos that echoed around the stadium with each pathetic goal we conceded -early doors again in two consecutive games, and, the amount of people who got up and walked out at 3-1 and 4-1 on Saturday. The sight and sound of that - no verbal abuse needed - should make any club owner take serious notice.

We walked out at 4-1 - I take no pleasure from that but I'd rather do that than boo. The owners can't seriously expect people to carry on financing that shower of shite.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.