Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

“If” Artell does go…..

This thread currently has 5,715 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
February 12, 2024, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from 123614

That would be insane!  Shaun and Ben are very, very inexperienced 'managers', if DH was to go, something I disagree with, then it is a very experienced manager we need in his place to help us get out of the predicament we are currently in.  We don't need two guys who 'managed' a team for 2 or 3 League Two matches.

I don’t think it would be insane. At all. They’ll need some sort of succession/contingency plan, and if Artell gets himself sacked, there might only be 10/12 games left. You won’t want to rush a managerial appointment when you can take stock and start again in summer if needed. The current staff know the players and would pick up the baton in the short term and we’d have to hope for the best. It’s the opposite of insane. It’s pragmatic. It’s supposition on my part though. I happen to know that there is a lot of support for Shaun as a coach and character so assume this is the thinking. I don’t actually know that this is implicitly the position. Let’s hope DA turns it and we don’t need to find out. .

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 81
Mappers
February 12, 2024, 4:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from toontown
I think we are 11th best gate is it? Obviously being rank all season brings us down a bit but we've got cup money and player sales too. I'd have thought we were outside the top 7 for budget but in the top half. About where a lot of us expected we'd place this season, but we are punching well below our weight I'm certain of that. As in we have a budget that's a lot better than our league position, so we are underperforming.

I would imagine that if we stay up our budget will be reduced next season with lower ST sales and no cup run money.

Probably 8th best in terms of seats sold each home game , some of our's favourite subject .... anyone that's been to The Keepmoat know Donny are not averaging 6700 , probably  only get  close to that there with the bigger away followings .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 81
fishcake63
February 12, 2024, 5:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Lose next two i reckon his position becomes almost untenable, i know this is horrible but it's football who we get in not got a clue without going through a long list of failures
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 81
DB
February 12, 2024, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from Poojah

Because you’d have to be absolutely off your rocker to leave gainful employment to join the GTFC circus at this moment in time. That’s the sad reflection of the state we find ourselves in yet again.

I agree with you but didn't both Wrexham and Stockport sign players from the EFL who went because of money.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 81
Poojah
February 12, 2024, 6:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from DB

I agree with you but didn't both Wrexham and Stockport sign players from the EFL who went because of money.

Yes, the kind of money we simply don’t have, unfortunately. They also had upward momentum, something we’ve let completely go to shít this season.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 81
DB
February 12, 2024, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from Poojah

Yes, the kind of money we simply don’t have, unfortunately. They also had upward momentum, something we’ve let completely go to shít this season.

The club might not have it but JS & AP do, so it is a matter which they may have to decide on. A drop into the NL would go against the goodwill and posture they made when they arrived. Also, ST's may fall and less income from all sources for the club. The new training ground may have to be shelved and some backroom staff let go.

The next two weeks' results for us and those below us will define our season. If and I say if they are negative then JS & AP may have to bite the bullet.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 81
GrimRob
February 12, 2024, 6:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from DB

The club might not have it but JS & AP do, so it is a matter which they may have to decide on. A drop into the NL would go against the goodwill and posture they made when they arrived.

Who can we sign and when though? Players and managers are either unavailable or out of work because nobody wants them (like Artell was). I think we have to abandon the idea that a Robbie Fowler or Ian Holloway is going to ride into town and save us. The answers have to be found in the building. 2 months to go. Forget 5 year plans, the Grimsby Way and just battle out some relegation dogfights.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 81
February 12, 2024, 6:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266

So tell us how they can be any worse than Artell ?

Do you not understand what I just wrote!

Reply: 77 - 81
toontown
February 12, 2024, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mappers

Probably 8th best in terms of seats sold each home game , some of our's favourite subject .... anyone that's been to The Keepmoat know Donny are not averaging 6700 , probably  only get  close to that there with the bigger away followings .

Yeah thats a good point that I had forgotten, and that's with two seasons of awful performances at home. We keep saying it but imagine if we had a promotion challenging season actually in the EFL, we'd be having home sell outs most weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 81
pen penfras
February 12, 2024, 7:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from DB

The club might not have it but JS & AP do, so it is a matter which they may have to decide on. A drop into the NL would go against the goodwill and posture they made when they arrived. Also, ST's may fall and less income from all sources for the club. The new training ground may have to be shelved and some backroom staff let go.

The next two weeks' results for us and those below us will define our season. If and I say if they are negative then JS & AP may have to bite the bullet.

Do you genuinely think we're getting a new training ground? I think it's gone nowhere for too long and JS's children's inheritance isn't coming to the football club anymore, he's made it very clear he doesn't want to spend money or be chairman anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.