Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

“If” Artell does go…..

This thread currently has 5,712 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
February 11, 2024, 11:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,214
Gold Stars: 265
I’ve said it loads of times . Artell should of been allowed to bring his own team in who understand what he wants .JS has fooked up by trying to be loyal to the back room staff . If they got a better offer they’d be off like a shot . Hire the best people for the job like he would of done in his own business.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 81
The Caterham Mariner
February 11, 2024, 11:47am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Well someone has to ask the question, and I’m not trying to be divisive or trolling but what happens if Artell does get fired before the end of the season?

From what I’ve seen of 1878 it’s still a big “if” and I suspect they’ll stick with him regardless of the consequences.

Yes a horrible question to ask but given the circumstances of the situation we are in, You are being practical and realistic to look at / think of options to save this scenario.Again its down to the "1878" as to how they want to play it out.
Like you i think he will hold out to the end of the season scary as its 15 games left =50 /50 IF we stay up  Joys of being a Grimsby Town Fan.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 81
February 11, 2024, 11:52am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
Has to be Shaun and Ben to the end of the season. Then decide in the summer. They know the players, have been privvy to every discussion and have already done a good job in a transition period. The last thing we want is a third voice going down a different path.

Shaun and Ben who were part of the coaching staff under PH disastrous reign, and also part of DA backroom staff too?  And have had practically no experience in managing a football club apart from a handful of games, two of which were against a part time lower league club!  No thank you.
Reply: 12 - 81
GrimRob
February 11, 2024, 11:56am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,415
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from It Bites
I’ve said it loads of times . Artell should of been allowed to bring his own team in who understand what he wants .JS has fooked up by trying to be loyal to the back room staff . If they got a better offer they’d be off like a shot . Hire the best people for the job like he would of done in his own business.

In "normal" businesses if an employee leaves you just replace them. You don't make the whole department redundant. You either promote from within or bring in a new person. I thought the owners were trying to move away from a Messianic manager anyway and making it more of a team game. We're all locked into the old way of thinking that a single person makes all the decisions.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 81
davmariner
February 11, 2024, 12:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 123614

Shaun and Ben who were part of the coaching staff under PH disastrous reign, and also part of DA backroom staff too?  And have had practically no experience in managing a football club apart from a handful of games, two of which were against a part time lower league club!  No thank you.

Disastrous reign? He got us promoted back to the EFL. You are a bit odd aren’t you?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 81
February 11, 2024, 12:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

Disastrous reign? He got us promoted back to the EFL. You are a bit odd aren’t you?

Have you conveniently forgotten where we was in the League when he was sacked?

Reply: 15 - 81
LocalLadGTFC
February 11, 2024, 12:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Funnily enough, I think IF we stay up then he'll probably have us playing decent football next year and a lot closer to the playoffs than the bottom two. We've just got to stay up, maybe a bit of blind hope more than anything but we've all seen the fruits of it's labor and when we're good we are very good going forward and then we was very good defensively at Accrington. The problem is, these good performances have all been away from home. BP hasn't been a fortress since coming back up, we was awful last year at home and even worse this year. Crewe at home is the only good performance we've turned in at home under Artell, the rest have been appalling and well below the standards. You can argue County all you want but we still conceded 5. Fans have rightly had enough because it started long before he arrived. We've been served shite for a long time at home. I was very for the way we play but I can't watch Rodgers and Maher fanny about with it whilst Holohan and Clifton hide behind there central midfielders any longer and then pump the ball into Row Z or back to Cartwright who then hits it long to Danny Rose who has absolotely no chance of winning it and IF he does then they pick up the second ball because there's no one within a 20 yard radius of him. Could go down to any Sunday League pitch this morning and you'll hear the words ' gamble on the flick ' screamed 50 times, it's schoolboy stuff yet our professional footballers don't seem to have a clue. To play the way we do, you need a keeper good with his feet as well as two centre halfs. The amount of times Hinchcliffe started an attack for them yesterday because he had precision with his kicking made it impossible for us to press them. They had a plan A, B, C & D. I think you could argue we didn't even have a plan A. I'm not going to write off Artell this early purely due to the fact this squad of players has already got one good man sacked playing a completely different style of play but we need 4 points this week purely for his own sake and to get some fans back on side.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 81
LH
February 11, 2024, 12:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
I’m adamant that he won’t be going anywhere any time soon.*

*that should do it.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 81
headingly_mariner
February 11, 2024, 12:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 118
I think we will get a couple of results. He will be forced to play Vernam who will stretch teams and we are playing against weaker sides.
We were decent against Accrington, just a crazy way to set up against Stockport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2024, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from It Bites

I think that's a fair point and furthermore I think the owners have been a bit naive.

Nobody is going to give you an inch in professional sport, yet they seem to want to be all nice and cuddly with everyone.  How is the special relationship with Luton going that they thought would happen when we sold our best player to them and got Pepple in return? Where are the investors queuing up who hold their "same values"?

The endless talk about projects and pathways and the Grimsby way and metrics of one sort or another are just a sideshow. I think you can conduct yourself in business in a fair and equitable manner without making it front and centre of everything in a patronising sort of way.

Neither can you be sustainable unless you can even reach first base, or unless you are happy to be among the dead men forever.

Football is a cut throat business and very very expensive so I can't see any of their grand plans coming to fruition sadly even though the fans have backed them
with gate receipts/ season tickets.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.