Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

“If” Artell does go…..

This thread currently has 5,716 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Well someone has to ask the question, and I’m not trying to be divisive or trolling but what happens if Artell does get fired before the end of the season?

From what I’ve seen of 1878 it’s still a big “if” and I suspect they’ll stick with him regardless of the consequences.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
February 11, 2024, 11:08am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
Has to be Shaun and Ben to the end of the season. Then decide in the summer. They know the players, have been privvy to every discussion and have already done a good job in a transition period. The last thing we want is a third voice going down a different path.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 81
NorthseaMariner
February 11, 2024, 11:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
I guess you have to give him time, I suppose. But I have to admit it’s a really hard watch at the moment. If we’re going to continue playing out from the back, then the players have to be competent to do this and some I’m not sure that they are.
If we can get a couple of wins this week, then the whole outlook is much better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 81
davmariner
February 11, 2024, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Shaun and Ben are the best chance we have of staying up now. We saw them starting to put the foundations in place for stability and we should go back to that.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 81
StacyColdicotts_hairline
February 11, 2024, 11:12am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
Has to be Shaun and Ben to the end of the season. Then decide in the summer. They know the players, have been privvy to every discussion and have already done a good job in a transition period. The last thing we want is a third voice going down a different path.

Its clear you haven't rated Artell for a while now Rob. How many points does he need to win over the next 7 days to keep himself in a job ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 81
GrimRob
February 11, 2024, 11:18am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113

Its clear you haven't rated Artell for a while now Rob. How many points does he need to win over the next 7 days to keep himself in a job ?

Personally I would sack him today and be organising it right now. But given that it won't happen I would only be happy with 3 or 4 points. I suspect he will be sacked after Doncaster, as was Hurst.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 81
toontown
February 11, 2024, 11:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Well someone has to ask the question, and I’m not trying to be divisive or trolling but what happens if Artell does get fired before the end of the season?

From what I’ve seen of 1878 it’s still a big “if” and I suspect they’ll stick with him regardless of the consequences.

I fear that they will stick with him as it will be so expensive to get rid having handed him a 2.5 year deal. I assume there is a break clause that means we can get rid for nothing if he takes us down but for that to happen obviously the worst possible outcome has to happen.
Just maybe there is a clause that is in our favour to get rid of certain targets aren't reached or something that can trigger a sacking for little cost during the early few months, but I think that's highly unlikely.

The only thing I can think that might trigger it is complete capitulation, two defeats next week, such that they have to act. The body language of the players is awful already, they've got eyes like the rest of us. It will mean a much reduced budget next season tho as the conte money will just go to pay off Artell I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 81
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2024, 11:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob

Personally I would sack him today and be organising it right now. But given that it won't happen I would only be happy with 3 or 4 points. I suspect he will be sacked after Doncaster, as was Hurst.

Donny could be the new Grim(sby) reaper 😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 81
sam gy
February 11, 2024, 11:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I’d love to know just why all of a sudden Pearson is the answer. Finished playing just last season and was only hired in a scouting role by Hurst if I remember rightly? And then since Hurst left he’s been part of the coaching set up.

If anything I think it’s quite criminal that Artell hasn’t brought in an assistant.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 81
toontown
February 11, 2024, 11:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GrimRob

I think 2 draws will be enough to keep his head above water with the owners for the time being. Whether it's enough to keep our heads above water depends on what the bottom 2 do I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 81
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.