Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Who Stays and Who Goes....
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Who Stays and Who Goes....

This thread currently has 8,726 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
January 28, 2024, 10:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
I think we will just starve off relegation this season, as I think there will be two worse teams (We HAVE to beat Donny, Forest Green and Sutton).
But looking at the list of players, its absoultely frightenning the amount of players I would let go, or look to offload at the end of the season.

I think thats a big task for any manager and I think the owners need to get in their minds now, that the close season may cost them more money than they envisaged!

Is this the worst squad we've seen from Town in the last ten years? - Potentially is.

Goalkeepers              
Harvey Cartwright - Think gets unfair critistim. Kept us in games and most goals havent been his fault. Would sign as backup.
Jake Eastwood - Not good enough. Offload.

Defenders              
Danny Amos - Not good enough. Offload.
Michee Efete - Not good enough. Offload.
Anthony Glennon - Defensively very poor and a massive portion of goals conceeded have come down his side. Offload.
Niall Maher - Should only be kept as backup.
Toby Mullarkey - Defensively very poor and a massive portion of goals conceeded have come down his side. Offload.
Harvey Rodgers - One of the worst defenders I've seen.
Doug Tharme - Too early to judge.

Midfielders              
Callum Ainley - No comment except get well soon.
Jamie Andrews - Goes absent in games too many times. Don't attempt to sign.
Aaron Braithwaite - No comment
Jamie Bramwell - No comment
Harry Clifton - Not the same player as last couple of seasons. Unfortunatley it was maybe time for him to move on last summer when we had 'rumoured' interest.
Kieran Green - Not good enough. Offload.
Gavan Holohan - Unfortunatley offload at the end of the season. Been a good player but now becoming to inconsistant.
Alex Hunt - Not good enough. Offload.
Otis Khan - Not good enough. Let contract run out.
Evan Khouri - Needs a 6 month loan to see how he gets on.
Charles Vernam - He needs to prove what he can offer towards end of the season.
Harry Wood - To early to assess, but IF it was just based on yesterday, i would'nt attempt to sign.
Arthur Gnahoua - Not good enough. Offload.

Forwards                    
Abo Eisa - Offer a new 1 year contact, but needs to be more consistant.
Edwin Essel - No comment, but assume he will be released.
Cameron Gardner - No comment, but I dont see him breaking into the team this season.
Justin Obikwu - Too early to judge.
Rekeil Pyke - Hardly available. Offload.
Danny Rose - Keep. The only shining light of a poor season.
Harvey Tomlinson - No comment, but assume he will be released.
Donovan Wilson - Hardly available. Offload.
Private Message
supertown
January 28, 2024, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,457
Gold Stars: 53
Is that a squad of 3 you are left with šŸ˜¬
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 80
pontoonlew
January 28, 2024, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,035
Gold Stars: 176
It wouldā€™ve been quicker to say youā€™d release everyone but Rose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 80
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 10:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,938
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Corkyefes
I think we will just starve off relegation this season, as I think there will be two worse teams (We HAVE to beat Donny, Forest Green and Sutton).
But looking at the list of players, its absoultely frightenning the amount of players I would let go, or look to offload at the end of the season.

I think thats a big task for any manager and I think the owners need to get in their minds now, that the close season may cost them more money than they envisaged!

Is this the worst squad we've seen from Town in the last ten years? - Potentially is.

Goalkeepers              
Harvey Cartwright - Think gets unfair critistim. Kept us in games and most goals havent been his fault. Would sign as backup.

Defenders              
Anthony Glennon - Defensively very poor and a massive portion of goals conceeded have come down his side. Offload.
Toby Mullarkey - Defensively very poor and a massive portion of goals conceeded have come down his side. Offload.

Midfielders              
Harry Clifton - Not the same player as last couple of seasons. Unfortunatley it was maybe time for him to move on last summer when we had 'rumoured' interest.
Gavan Holohan - Unfortunatley offload at the end of the season. Been a good player but now becoming to inconsistant.
Harry Wood - To early to assess, but IF it was just based on yesterday, i would'nt attempt to sign.

Forwards                    
Cameron Gardner - No comment, but I dont see him breaking into the team this season.

Other than keeping Eisa I donā€™t disagree with any of that but the ā€œoff loadsā€ will only be the players out of contract or returned loans I would imagine.

Of the players out of contract Iā€™d work hard to keep Clifton. Thatā€™s not based on ā€œone of our own biasā€ but the fact that played in the same role for a few games on the bang with a few better players around him heā€™s got something to offer. The rest can do one.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s styleĀ Ā 
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 80
lew chaterleys lover
January 28, 2024, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 237
It's no good replacing anybody unless they are an upgrade.

We need experience and pace and some players who will motivate others when things go wrong.

Tharme yesterday did nothing to suggest he has got any of the qualities we need at the back - he looked far too lightweight and the Hull loanee ditto.

I so want Artell to succeed as some of the football played has been sublime, but if we can only sign mediocre players I hope we can struggle on with what we have got till the summer when we have more budget.

Some things we can do with the existing squad to help grind out results - Amos and Glennon on the left together, Harry at right back and get Holohan and Vernam in the side.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 80
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 11:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,938
Gold Stars: 228
It's no good replacing anybody unless they are an upgrade.

We need experience and pace and some players who will motivate others when things go wrong.

Tharme yesterday did nothing to suggest he has got any of the qualities we need at the back - he looked far too lightweight and the Hull loanee ditto.

I so want Artell to succeed as some of the football played has been sublime, but if we can only sign mediocre players I hope we can struggle on with what we have got till the summer when we have more budget.

Some things we can do with the existing squad to help grind out results - Amos and Glennon on the left together, Harry at right back and get Holohan and Vernam in the side.

Iā€™ll ask the question again, what have you seen in Clifton to suggest heā€™d be a good defensive right back?

Also how confident would you be that Glennon can double up with Amos to prevent opponents getting crosses in, I wouldnā€™t be, though that said anyone is better than Eisa when it comes to that part of the game as heā€™s a lazy sod.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s styleĀ Ā 
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 80
davmariner
January 28, 2024, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,933
Gold Stars: 79
They call all leave as far as Iā€™m concerned bar Rose.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 80
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2024, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,253
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from davmariner
They call all leave as far as Iā€™m concerned bar Rose.

Iā€™d be interested to know how youā€™re proposing to pay off all the contracts.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 80
Wrights35
January 28, 2024, 12:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +31
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Corkyefes

Goalkeepers              

Defenders              

Midfielders              

Forwards                    

Totally agree with every one of them , you are a very good judge and talk sense.

In Hurst we trust !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 80
Mappers
January 28, 2024, 12:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
You know things are bad when the appraisals start
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 80
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Who Stays and Who Goes....

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.