Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Who Stays and Who Goes....
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Who Stays and Who Goes....

This thread currently has 8,731 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
January 30, 2024, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,690
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Would he? The owners wanted him to play more aesthetically pleasing football.

As in losing 6-1 at home ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
January 30, 2024, 4:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from It Bites

Great post btw .

I agree something is wrong behind the scenes for PH to intercourse up so bad in a window . A relegated GK and Defender was never the best place to build a team from . Eisa is lazy and Gnoua and Ainley ( GWS) seemed like panick additions . I don’t think there is much money available for the team and I also think the owners won’t be devastated if we go down ?

Really!  That bit at the end has to be the most stupidest few words ever posted on The Fishy.

Reply: 71 - 80
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2024, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,255
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Really!  That bit at the end has to be the most stupidest few words ever posted on The Fishy.

Not sure about that - there's strong competition.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
It Bites
January 30, 2024, 5:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yeah come on . We all remember the COVID thread
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 80
IlkleyMariner
January 30, 2024, 7:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How about I would like Scunthorpe to be promoted this season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 80
gtfc_chris
January 30, 2024, 7:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Zmariner

Exactly my point, DA deserves criticism for his lack of flexibility in approach but this squad is poor and Paul Hurst has had a nightmare. I think PH is a good manager, on this occasion he screwed up badly  in recruitment and DA has to find a way to keep us up. He needs to be pragmatic as we have been pitiful at home in recent weeks

Continue to disagree with this viewpoint. The squad last year finished 11th and an FA Cup Quarter Final. Name any player that was released from that squad that is better than what we brought in.

I don't believe the squad is as poor as many would have you believe. I've adjusted my view in that it perhaps isn't the play-off capable squad we had optimism for at the start of the season but I don't see it as a poor one.

It was hard not to argue against PH moving on, performances at the start of the season I thought were good, albeit we couldn't get the results and attacking elements of our game were lacking on a consistent basis. Despite that we have 3 strikers and a winger who have all scored more than Taylor and Orsi combined all season (a nudge to the recruitment).

Even as a staunch PH supporter it was hard to argue for his continuance based on results, but I think at the moment we're seeing that even though results were hard, the players were with him. There comes a point where you can't keep backing someone when there's no evidence to suggest your fortunes will change but this is the other side of the coin when you bring a new manager in.

It's all a matter of faith and even though the evidence wasn't there I don't believe we'd have gone down under PH. I'm not saying I think DA will take us down either, but if the rumours of a disillusioned squad with arguments and rifts developing then it doesn't paint an optimistic picture.

Issue for me is simple, individual error and players not being used an in effective system that compliments them. With PH, even if you didn't like the football, you knew what it was, you knew it was pragmatic and balanced. I'm not sure what DA is doing at the minute. We've heard how he wants us to play but I'm not seeing any progression, with the MK Dons and Salford game being the exceptions which I thought were excellent performances.

I do find it ironic that for all the criticism PH received there are certain quarters who think we need that particular style to tighten us up and grind out some results.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 80
LocalLadGTFC
January 30, 2024, 7:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Continue to disagree with this viewpoint. The squad last year finished 11th and an FA Cup Quarter Final. Name any player that was released from that squad that is better than what we brought in.

I don't believe the squad is as poor as many would have you believe. I've adjusted my view in that it perhaps isn't the play-off capable squad we had optimism for at the start of the season but I don't see it as a poor one.

It was hard not to argue against PH moving on, performances at the start of the season I thought were good, albeit we couldn't get the results and attacking elements of our game were lacking on a consistent basis. Despite that we have 3 strikers and a winger who have all scored more than Taylor and Orsi combined all season (a nudge to the recruitment).

Even as a staunch PH supporter it was hard to argue for his continuance based on results, but I think at the moment we're seeing that even though results were hard, the players were with him. There comes a point where you can't keep backing someone when there's no evidence to suggest your fortunes will change but this is the other side of the coin when you bring a new manager in.

It's all a matter of faith and even though the evidence wasn't there I don't believe we'd have gone down under PH. I'm not saying I think DA will take us down either, but if the rumours of a disillusioned squad with arguments and rifts developing then it doesn't paint an optimistic picture.

Issue for me is simple, individual error and players not being used an in effective system that compliments them. With PH, even if you didn't like the football, you knew what it was, you knew it was pragmatic and balanced. I'm not sure what DA is doing at the minute. We've heard how he wants us to play but I'm not seeing any progression, with the MK Dons and Salford game being the exceptions which I thought were excellent performances.

I do find it ironic that for all the criticism PH received there are certain quarters who think we need that particular style to tighten us up and grind out some results.

We must be watching different games because barring Saturday every game i've seen what we are trying to do. Under Hurst I had 0 idea what the game plan was in many of the games and the football was terrible on top of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 80
lew chaterleys lover
January 30, 2024, 7:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from gtfc_chris

That's very harsh on Artell and very soft on Hurst.

We had no discernable style with the latter day Hurst and apart from Saturday we can all see what Artell is trying to do.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 80
louth_in_the_south
January 30, 2024, 7:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,690
Gold Stars: 96
Alex hunt off to Carlisle apparently. Don’t know how true this rumour is though.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
male private Nale
January 30, 2024, 8:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from 123614

Really?  You seem to be heavily ITK, perhaps you could tell us who we are going to sign before the end of the window too?

Son in law, is ex professional footballer, who still plays locally, knows all the lads, hence why I get titbits from the current squad, cant help you with any transfer incomings.

I will say, most things I but on here will be a lot closer to the mark than your conjecture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Who Stays and Who Goes....

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.