Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, Barrattstander, bartgtfc, bawarmy, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, Brummie Codfather, BulkyMariner, C0cky, Cambs Mariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, Cayman_mariner, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Connecticut Mariner, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, DB, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, Freemoash88, friskneymariner, Gaffer58, Gainsbro_Mariner, GarforthMariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, golfer, GollyGTFC, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc98, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, Hants.Mariner, Harbour Rat, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, jungleland, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LN8Mariner, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, Mariner56, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Mark GTFC, Martz86, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Nadfink, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, sonofmadeleymariner, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WetFlannel, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Wyberway, Zmariner and 1202 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 22,922 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
January 13, 2024, 11:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
In the past 20 years, we’ve had unlucky teams, lazy teams, pïssed teams, shït teams…

This current team must be the thickest, most stupid team of their generation.

Just like the Crawley match, at 2-0 up, our midfield, and worst of all, Mullarkey, are completely the wrong side of the ball. What the fûck was Mullarkey doing? Why’s he going forward and turning like a döner on a spit?

It’s the sort of mistake you should only make once a season. But then Mullarkey gets the wrong side again 7 mins later for their second goal.

Holohan made the same mistake twice in 5 mins against Crawley.

They are all (Rose and Cartwright excluded) thick as pig shït

I don’t mind mistakes. Just learn from them. But they don’t.

Is there any sort of post match video analysis done? How can you keep making the same positional errors?

My initial reaction to the first goal was...Mullarkey wtf.....having watched the highlights I am a little more encouraged......on reflection what I see is Mullarkey anticipating his two team mates will win the ball and spring him free, so he is setting off into the space to spring the counter...

His team mates didn't spring it but I think it's a great positive that his consideration under pressure was to spring a counter....its a sign of intent, a mindset...would much rather see that intent than a stay at home defensive one.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 209
cardiffmariner
January 13, 2024, 11:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
In the past 20 years, we’ve had unlucky teams, lazy teams, pïssed teams, shït teams…

This current team must be the thickest, most stupid team of their generation.

Just like the Crawley match, at 2-0 up, our midfield, and worst of all, Mullarkey, are completely the wrong side of the ball. What the fûck was Mullarkey doing? Why’s he going forward and turning like a döner on a spit?

It’s the sort of mistake you should only make once a season. But then Mullarkey gets the wrong side again 7 mins later for their second goal.

Holohan made the same mistake twice in 5 mins against Crawley.

They are all (Rose and Cartwright excluded) thick as pig shït

I don’t mind mistakes. Just learn from them. But they don’t.

Is there any sort of post match video analysis done? How can you keep making the same positional errors?

Very poor.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 209
mariner91
January 13, 2024, 11:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from moosey_club

My initial reaction to the first goal was...Mullarkey wtf.....having watched the highlights I am a little more encouraged......on reflection what I see is Mullarkey anticipating his two team mates will win the ball and spring him free, so he is setting off into the space to spring the counter...

His team mates didn't spring it but I think it's a great positive that his consideration under pressure was to spring a counter....its a sign of intent, a mindset...would much rather see that intent than a stay at home defensive one.

There’s intent and then there’s making a needless forward run when the ball is in our defensive third and we don’t have it under control. Leaving a massive gap which was exploited 2 seconds later. I’m all for attacking intent but it has to be in the right places. Plus at 2-0 with 10 minutes till half time it was a completely unnecessary way back in to the game for them. We’d been well on top until then.

Mullarkey is regularly caught out of position and can’t defend 1v1. He needs replacing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 209
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 13, 2024, 11:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from moosey_club

It’s an awful, awful decision.

I’ve got no problem with bombing forward but we have to be in possession of the ball.

It’s so unbelievably stupid.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 209
DB
January 13, 2024, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
At the kick off would we have taken a draw against a goal scoring side in the promotion chase, following our thrashing by Walsall. Of course, we would.

It was a very entertaining game with some cracking goals. Artell seems to have got the attack firing on all cylinders and our football in the first 30 minutes was sublime. Then in the last 10 mins of the half it all went pear shape, again.

However, we saw a different attitude in the second half, compared to the Walsall game. A never say die attitude right to the final minutes. I seem to recall earlier in the week about who is Harry Wood, he's the guy who gave us a point with his first kick of the game, that's who. May he score many more before the end of the season.

As stated on the thread the back four are not good enough. When the subs came on Wood saved the day, Wilson failed to impress me and Obikwu didn't appear to know what to do. That said someone posted it was his first senior game, so perhaps we may excuse him.

Efete and Amos are definitely out of favour and we haven't made any signings in this department, so Artell is left with what he's got. Let's hope by the Harrogate game he has pulled in some more decent players.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 209
Limerick Mariner
January 14, 2024, 12:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from moosey_club

In my day a full-back wouldn't know WTF to spring a counter was, summat from a game of tiddlywinks... Wouldn't do owt fancy like having a mindset either, just kick the ball and winger into the stand. Mullarkey should ask Dave Moore how to spring a counter as a right-back though...

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 209
jamesgtfc
January 14, 2024, 1:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
If we improve defensively and find that balance, we probably win that 3-1 instead of drawing 5-5.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 209
davmariner
January 14, 2024, 1:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from blundellpork
Great entertainment, but Mullarkey and Rodgers need replacing urgently.

Judging by Artell’s post match interview with the GTFC press team, that’s exactly what he’s planning.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 209
grimps
January 14, 2024, 6:31am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
They should have played another 5 minutes and said “ next one’s the winner “
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 209
GrimPol
January 14, 2024, 8:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ginnywings
There's some miserable feckers on here. We conceded 5, but so did they and I have to say that was an absolutely cracking watch and I loved it. The type of game that would have made the head of PH explode, but also would have ended 1-1 at best under him, but probably we'd have retreated backwards and lost.

They had the best, most fluid attack I've seen at BP this season; probably for a few seasons. Their two wingers were exceptional and you can complain about Mullarkey, Rodgers and Glennon having poor games, but they were marking three of the best players in League 2. Jones crossing was on another level, well beyond this league and their first four goals were almost impossible to defend, and impossible for the forwards to miss, so good were they. Contrast that with Vernam, who had two presentable chances and didn't get a good enough connection on either and the keeper saved both. He also had 3 or 4 opportunities to pick out our forwards with crosses and got them wrong. Not a dig at Vernam, as he had a decent game considering it's his first for a while, but he isn't as good as Jones, who will probably move on to pastures new, possibly to join his old boss. The other winger was lightning and tricky, and got two goals. McGoldrick was almost impossible to keep quiet. It was as much good players skinning the defenders and excellent movement as it was poor defending for me. We had to work our socks off to compete with them, and we mostly did.

Despite all that, we had more situations and more chances than they did, but our forward line aren't as good, and needed more opportunities to score the same amount of goals. There were 2 periods in the game when we could have got away from them, but didn't press home the advantage. At 2-0, we couldn't get the third, despite many opportunities to do so, and the same again at 4-3, when we couldn't get the fifth.

It didn't surprise me when they got it back to 4-4 and I thought they would go on to win it at that point, which looked to be the case when the classy McGoldrick showed composure to punish us.

Two sides going toe to toe and neither deserved to lose, so it was great to see the new lad come on and smack probably his first touch into the top corner. What a finish in more ways than one. I thought 2-2 would have been a good outcome today, because I was sure they would get at least a couple, so I'm not going to complain at 5-5 in a very open game.

Some great performances today, and most of all, I was thoroughly entertained.

I would have enjoyed it more if we won 6-5 say (just because of the points) but also I'm a bit worried about the effect on Cartwright as shipping 11 goals in two games can't be good for him, and us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.