Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 22,909 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
January 13, 2024, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
10 goals...excrement defending /good attacking play depending on your view...

However..

Harry Woodsss caterpillar celebration...3 points to us 😁

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 209
CSLM
January 13, 2024, 8:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
A great game and I thought Andrews and Conteh were excellent even though on occasions it didn't even look like we had a midfield. They could say the same tbf.

It is understandable that the defence is getting some stick but I agree that it is partly due to the way we play. Notts fans will one hundred percent be saying the same, in fact they are even more risky than us.

We should've been out of site after 40 mins, well whatever that would need to have been lol, but missed some great chances.
The front 5 of County are ridiculous for this level, and Bostock. The crosses by Jones were superb and Cowley and Mcgoldrick are top notch.
Elisa had a very good game and I thought Vernam looked promising considering how long he has been out.
Fair play to both sets of players, great game, great atmosphere, great effort from everyone. The ref definitely helped the game flow though I did think we benefited a couple of times when they were quite clearly fouled.

Ps cannot believe some people were leaving when it went 4 4, crazy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 209
HerveJosse
January 13, 2024, 8:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
No denying we have got problems arguably big ones but the anger on here after a game like that is hard to understand. I think you have forgotten why you go to football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 209
Heisenberg
January 13, 2024, 8:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
I’m overwhelmingly positive about today - I thought that, despite our obvious flaws, we were great.

It was a brilliant, brilliant game.

We did well against superb opposition, and deserved to actually win.

Great stuff. Onwards and upwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 209
jimgtfc
January 13, 2024, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Hagrid

wtf are you talking about. I was making a point you clown.

I think It’s pretty clear what I’m talking about, you’ve call him out at every opportunity mate, that’s my point. A couple of weeks ago you were suggesting he was finished here.

Agree with you about Andrews though, thought he was excellent today. Out of contract in the summer at WBA as well.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 209
ex-merseymariner
January 13, 2024, 8:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from CSLM
The front 5 of County are ridiculous for this level, and Bostock. The crosses by Jones were superb and Cowley and Mcgoldrick are top notch.
Elisa had a very good game and I thought Vernam looked promising considering how long he has been out.
Fair play to both sets of players, great game, great atmosphere, great effort from everyone. The ref definitely helped the game flow though I did think we benefited a couple of times when they were quite clearly fouled

They definitely had some quality players, and you could see why the are challenging, but they have lost a lot of games too.  

At least 3 of them rolled around a lot, Cameron and Robertson miraculously recovering when the ref waved play on, and they had 2, Crowley and Jones i think who unnecessarily taunted home fans post goals, which i
get mixed views about, is it harmless, we laughed Mcatee did it, or really unprofessional. Probably the latter.They soon stop if the ref books one.

The ref was impressive generally, although away fans didn't like him at all.  There was a very dodgy offside when we were on top in the first half as we tried to exploit a super high back line.

Crazy match!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 209
Limerick Mariner
January 13, 2024, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Recent Notts games rarely fail to entertain do they.

But my experience is pretty much the same over the last 50+ years as well. From a typical Lawrie Mac barnstormer in 72 when they came as league leaders and got overrun, to the League Cup game in the round before Everton in 79, and then a pair of cup games in 85 that finished 2-2 and then 4-2 with a Lund hat trick for us, and then a 3-3 and 2-2 under Buckley. Then the amazing series of last minuters start - the relegation saving win which also kept them down in 2018, a series of late winners at Meadow Lane…and there really could have been another winner for either side today at 97 mins plus…until the ref picked the ball and said that’s enough lads, now get off home for your tea…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 209
Maringer
January 13, 2024, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
There was one offside given in the first half where Eisa was going through the middle and I reckon he was well over a yard on when the ball was played. Where was VAR?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 209
Heisenberg
January 13, 2024, 8:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

They definitely had some quality players, and you could see why the are challenging, but they have lost a lot of games too.  

At least 3 of them rolled around a lot, Cameron and Robertson miraculously recovering when the ref waved play on, and they had 2, Crowley and Jones i think who unnecessarily taunted home fans post goals, which i
get mixed views about, is it harmless, we laughed Mcatee did it, or really unprofessional. Probably the latter.They soon stop if the ref books one.

The ref was impressive generally, although away fans didn't like him at all.  There was a very dodgy offside when we were on top in the first half as we tried to exploit a super high back line.

Crazy match!

I thought Notts were physically weaker in the challenge than us, or at the very least they were keen to get free kicks. The ref saw through all of that nonsense. The county fans can complain, but the ref was really good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 209
mariner91
January 13, 2024, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Maringer
There was one offside given in the first half where Eisa was going through the middle and I reckon he was well over a yard on when the ball was played. Where was VAR?  

There was one where Vernam was played through first half where I was perfectly in line with it and he was three yards on. Having said that, despite a slightly dodgy linesman I thought the referee was excellent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.