Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, Barrattstander, bartgtfc, bawarmy, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, Brummie Codfather, BulkyMariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, Cayman_mariner, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, DB, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, friskneymariner, Gaffer58, Gainsbro_Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, GollyGTFC, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, Harbour Rat, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, krispy84, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, Mariner56, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Mark GTFC, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, promotion plaice, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WetFlannel, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Zmariner and 1126 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 22,921 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 13, 2024, 8:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from jimgtfc

I think It’s pretty clear what I’m talking about, you’ve call him out at every opportunity mate, that’s my point. A couple of weeks ago you were suggesting he was finished here.

Agree with you about Andrews though, thought he was excellent today. Out of contract in the summer at WBA as well.

Yeah because I think he is. Its a forum. For opinions
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 209
CSLM
January 13, 2024, 8:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

They definitely had some quality players, and you could see why the are challenging, but they have lost a lot of games too.  

At least 3 of them rolled around a lot, Cameron and Robertson miraculously recovering when the ref waved play on, and they had 2, Crowley and Jones i think who unnecessarily taunted home fans post goals, which i
get mixed views about, is it harmless, we laughed Mcatee did it, or really unprofessional. Probably the latter.They soon stop if the ref books one.

The ref was impressive generally, although away fans didn't like him at all.  There was a very dodgy offside when we were on top in the first half as we tried to exploit a super high back line.

Crazy match!

Crowley yes sorry, freudian slip haha.
Good point about the players rolling around, ref did well there I agree.
They have great forward players but a shambolic defence, saying that it is partly because of how they play, well a lot to do with that.

Was great to see 2 teams playing open football.

Some of the notts players did the crowd thing again at 4 5. It really winds people up but like you said it's good when it's the other way round. It doesn't bother me that much really. Guess it makes the equalizer a bit sweeter.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 209
mariner91
January 13, 2024, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
What a thoroughly entertaining game of football. We are heading in the right direction under Artell as that would have ended up being a boring, dull loss by the odd goal if Hurst was in charge still. Going forward at times we were really good and it wouldn't have flattered us if we were 4-0 up by 30 minutes. Some better finishing and a bit more composure in the final third but we're certainly a threat going forward. Absolutely love Danny Rose who is just such a clever player and was integral in our shape and pressing stopping them playing how they'd want. I also thought that was Eisa's best game for us and on top of the two goals, he was much better in overall play and put more of a shift in. More of the same please Abo. I thought Vernam was decent considering he's coming back after such a lengthy lay off. Clifton's intensity was unbelievable and his pressing game alongside Rose was excellent, made it very difficult for Notts defence and you could almost hear them thinking "What the fook do I do now?".

The downside is our defence. I totally accept we were playing some great players at this level today. McGoldrick is far too good for this level, Langstaff's movement is excellent and Jodi Jones has such a quality delivery with his left foot. But that being the case, why did we make it so easy for him to put balls across our six yard box? Mullarkey didn't get remotely close enough to stop the cross when Jones had the ball and was punished nearly every time. On top of that, although Vernam took a bad touch for the first goal what on earth is Mullarkey doing bombing forward when the ball is there and it's not comfortably in our control?! Total lack of intelligence. We still need a right back that can defend and I would like another centre back as well as Rodgers just doesn't inspire confidence. Rule number one of clearing a cross with your head is put it anywhere but back in to play but he gifted them the ball on the edge of our area for their last goal. Great first time pass from their player but it should never have come to that.

Quick word for Conteh and Andrews who I thought were excellent. Andrews in particular had his best game for us. Good pressing, combative and generally decent with the ball. Against good opposition, they didn't look out of place.

The good news is that we won't play teams that are as good as that at attacking many times this season. But i suspect we'll remain a threat going forward. Would still be nice to get points on the board quickly to ease any fears of relegation but I'm quietly hopeful for the future under Artell. At the very least, we will be entertained.

Good atmosphere today too. I think this team need our vocal support so need to keep that up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 209
mariner91
January 13, 2024, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Oh and what a belter of a goal in the 95th minute! Welcome Harry Wood, it is lovely to have you here!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 209
mariner91
January 13, 2024, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Just watched the highlights back and the defending by Mullarkey for the third goal is pathetic. Slow to get out to his man, doesn't close him down enough and turns his back instead of trying to block the cross. Yes it's a good cross and Jones is a top player for L2 but that's abysmal. Don't see how anyone can defend that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 209
davmariner
January 13, 2024, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from mariner91
Just watched the highlights back and the defending by Mullarkey for the third goal is pathetic. Slow to get out to his man, doesn't close him down enough and turns his back instead of trying to block the cross. Yes it's a good cross and Jones is a top player for L2 but that's abysmal. Don't see how anyone can defend that.

Mullarkey is totally useless and felicitations up every week leading to goals. Even more furious after watching the goals back.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 209
moosey_club
January 13, 2024, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
5 fking 5 !!!
Just enjoy the experience you mardy cnts 😄

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 209
Maringer
January 13, 2024, 9:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,673
Gold Stars: 189
Anyone else think that the guy looked offside for their first goal?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 209
The Yard Dog
January 13, 2024, 9:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
I had to chuckle to myself when Harry scored our 5th to equalise, all those fans who had left to beat the traffic.
I have never understood why people leave a game early, my old man would drag us out early to beat the traffic, especially if we were losing.
When I started to attend games on mine own, I vowed I would not leave a game early, I was still there to the end against Walsall.

Can remember going to Luton we lose 6-0 (plastic pitch), what made it worse went in my uncle's bright orange Lada, took forever getting back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 209
Teesknees
January 13, 2024, 10:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from moosey_club
5 fking 5 !!!
Just enjoy the experience you mardy cnts 😄

Mardy Cnuts ? Didn't they support the SexPistols?!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.