Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New training facility.

This thread currently has 10,858 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
January 9, 2024, 12:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from GibMariner

Happy to blame the previous for all-SORTS but after three years, the argument it’s all Fenty’s fault cannot be taken seriously.  

Of course it can. If somebody had neglected their teeth/body for 20 years you can't snap your fingers and fix it all straight away. And there will always be ramifications from that time of neglect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 102
GibMariner
January 9, 2024, 12:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from paulmblythe

Surely as an engineer you'd understand the term end of life regarding the main stand columns? Also in the hundred plus years since they where installed materials and engineering practices have evolved. If the structural engineers can calculate that the roof can safely be supported by less columns thats a win for the fans too surely?

As regards the pitch. While not perfect its a damn sight better than it has been in my living memory. I'm pretty sure theres at least 1 game this season that would have been called off last season and in previous seasons due to the rain. the Findus stand side has far more grass on it than it usually does this time of year

as for the safety certificate its my understanding that at least 2 stands would have been condemned in the last couple of seasons due to lack of preventative maintenance, i cant help but feel that the sale of the club and the work needed on the stadium is not a coincidence....

Not seen you post before but welcome.

Not sure what you are trying to justify.

I have no axe to grind, and see no plausible evidence to think the wooden structure and related supporting posts / columns are requiring replacement, and accept that’s entirely a matter for the current administration, equally I don’t accept the ‘term end of life’. Do you have such evidence as there are no signs of subsidence or any other such failure.

Again where’s the evidance 2 stands would have been condemned but for routine anual maintenance.

If you missed it. AP acknowledged in a recent interview that they were aware of the 10 year structural report when acquiring the club.

Your final point. Was it not the case that the new owners negotiated publicly their wish to acquire / force the sale of the club to them.

However, I do understand that  these facts may not fit the narrative!!!
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 102
Northbank Mariner
January 9, 2024, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,463
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GibMariner

I have no axe to grind, and see no plausible evidence to think the wooden structure and related supporting posts / columns are requiring replacement, and accept that’s entirely a matter for the current administration, equally I don’t accept the ‘term end of life’. Do you have such evidence as there are no signs of subsidence or any other such failure - the post, made of wood and steel,  would has rotted and the steel work suffered with Chloride pitting corrosion(and before you say anything, I'm an integrity engineer in the petrochemicals so this is my bread n butter). Therefore they needed replacement/repair.

Again where’s the evidance 2 stands would have been condemned but for routine anual maintenance - see above.

If you missed it. AP acknowledged in a recent interview that they were aware of the 10 year structural report when acquiring the club - AP acknowledged the requirements for a 10 year report which they had done and they were shocked by the recommendations and requirements to get the stands and ground up to a suitable standard.

Your final point. Was it not the case that the new owners negotiated publicly their wish to acquire / force the sale of the club to them - nobody bar JSF forced the sale, Fenty copulated up trying to bring a conman into the club (and council for that matter) and was forced to sell up. Luckily AP, JS and TS put a consortium to save the club from near ruin. You must think investment into the future of the club is a bad thing and Fenty did a fantastic job, honestly, wake up and smell the coffee, the club is the best shape its been in for 25+ years!!..

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 102
1mickylyons
January 9, 2024, 1:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GibMariner

Wish I was a penny behind him. 😊😊

I write with concern after threading together things coming out of the club.

The fact is the club was viable and not now according to the chair.

The fact is it’s not sustainable which is not consistent with the chair’s values !! and it could be living beyond its means.

Without facts I simply put it out there based upon what comes out of the club.

Errrrrr getyourfactsright
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 102
rancido
January 9, 2024, 1:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GibMariner

Ok I get the narrative. But does it really fit.

The fact is the club has always maintained a safety certificate without the sensation / fuss inferred today. If the new owners chose to make investments in vanity projects like glass screens in the upper and the idea of removing a few posts in the main, which as an engineer I cannot fathom, but its their prarogative. And presumably rather than maintain the Pony roof, instead to fit the idea of none relocation, it was maybe felt good money spent for the long term . Ask the owners I prefer not to speculate.

Oh and repayment of loans doesn’t hit the balance sheet or affect profit.

Oh and by the way the pitch remains a mess JT mentioned it in a recent game and I we are not through the bad wether.      

Happy to blame the previous for all-SORTS but after three years, the argument it’s all Fenty’s fault cannot be taken seriously.  

We don’t even know if there is a problem because we haven seen the accounts. As mentioned in my first post I only thread together what’s coming from the chair/club. No axe to grind but remain concerned.

To add to all the other answers to your post, the glass screens and new stand support posts were not a " vanity project". They were actioned as a response to what the fans wanted in a questionair/poll from JS and AP and also to address poor visibility from seats with restricted views.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 102
January 9, 2024, 2:10pm
Guest User
Just about everything he has posted in this thread has been shot down, but I'm sure he will come back with some more rubbish.
Reply: 85 - 102
HertsGTFC
January 9, 2024, 2:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,941
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GibMariner

The fact is the club has always maintained a safety certificate without the sensation / fuss inferred today. If the new owners chose to make investments in vanity projects like glass screens in the upper and the idea of removing a few posts in the main, which as an engineer I cannot fathom, but its their prarogative. And presumably rather than maintain the Pony roof, instead to fit the idea of none relocation, it was maybe felt good money spent for the long term . Ask the owners I prefer not to speculate.

Oh and by the way the pitch remains a mess JT mentioned it in a recent game and I we are not through the bad wether.      

We don’t even know if there is a problem because we haven seen the accounts. As mentioned in my first post I only thread together what’s coming from the chair/club. No axe to grind but remain concerned.

Bit in bold - Correct (kind of)  and actually I'm glad we paid him off quickly as it just completely disconnects him after 20 off years of stupidity.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 102
paulmblythe
January 9, 2024, 3:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GibMariner

I have no axe to grind, and see no plausible evidence to think the wooden structure and related supporting posts / columns are requiring replacement, and accept that’s entirely a matter for the current administration, equally I don’t accept the ‘term end of life’. Do you have such evidence as there are no signs of subsidence or any other such failure.

Again where’s the evidance 2 stands would have been condemned but for routine anual maintenance.

If you missed it. AP acknowledged in a recent interview that they were aware of the 10 year structural report when acquiring the club.

Your final point. Was it not the case that the new owners negotiated publicly their wish to acquire / force the sale of the club to them.

Thank you been here a while dont post that often.

Just offering an alternative opinion.

Not that i could publish on here. Id argue if we where at the stage of subsidence or failure of the columns we are far too late. Renewal is to prevent this. Have you noticed the temporary timber additions to the current roof supports?

Its been stated publicly that the Osmond and Pontoon had issues. i dont have the evidence to hand,

i think your forgetting a few other issues id presume its not just one thing but a combination of the groundswell of fans opinions regarding the May fiasco ontop of all the other bad feelings, the expense that was about to be incured fixing the ground etc and the new owners pushing to buy. You know those tyre kickers as they where described as...

[b] I think theres several narratives at play here...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 102
Marinerdan
January 9, 2024, 3:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from GibMariner

Debt repayment may not impact the profit but it does have a major impact on cashflow.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 102
Captain Sensible
January 9, 2024, 3:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +178
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GibMariner

Are you suggesting that, because AP was aware of the issues, money wasn't needed to rectify them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.