Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New training facility.

This thread currently has 10,868 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
January 3, 2024, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Maybe we could persuade Gareth Bale out of retirement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 102
Northbank Mariner
January 3, 2024, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,495
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Poojah

Keep the back 9 and give the players a private golf course, a la Leicester’s new facility. I’m not even joking; when you’re an unfashionable club stuck out on a limb on the east coast, you’ve got to take every marginal gain you can get.

Cant be done pal, the front 9 is private and up for sale, the back 9 is council owned land.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 102
Mikey_345
January 3, 2024, 11:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Does it really matter if it’s not in the town? I mean it’d be great if it was and that was obviously their first choice, but if that isn’t possible at a reasonable cost I think Immingham is a great compromise between those wanting it in the town and those wanting it further afield.

Not sure why it's relevant that it wasn't what they first said. Things change, circumstances alter, prices go up and we haven't heard a single piece of confirmation or reasoning yet. Personally I don’t care where it is, as long as it’s good quality. Let’s all just wait and see first though.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 102
pizzzza
January 3, 2024, 11:28am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
If it is the most viable site then Immingham is perfectly fine as far as I am concerned. The concerns in the past was when suggestions were made that the training site should be as far afield as Sheffield, etc
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 102
coddy60
January 3, 2024, 12:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Poojah

Keep the back 9 and give the players a private golf course, a la Leicester’s new facility. I’m not even joking; when you’re an unfashionable club stuck out on a limb on the east coast, you’ve got to take every marginal gain you can get.

9 of the holes are council owned, the other 9 private...
Apologies just seen other post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 102
rancido
January 3, 2024, 12:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Oly1987
As a Town fan living in Immingham im conflicted. On the one hand it would be nice to have the lads training close by but on the other hand I'd rather see the site used for the Immingham community as the youngsters don't have an awful lot in Immingham.

Surely any plans could include training facilities for the Immingham community, a bit like the facilities at Bradley or King George Stadium?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 102
Marinerdan
January 3, 2024, 12:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
I wonder if the grant funding at Clee Fields makes it difficult to get any further grants in town?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 102
crusty ole pie
January 3, 2024, 1:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,352
Gold Stars: 66
My guess is part of the area to be made into the training facility the rest into houses to fund the building of the training centre  cos it will not be cheap £6 million was spoken about at the forum
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 102
paulmblythe
January 3, 2024, 1:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

Get them in an extra day after a loss, we'd shoot up the table.

in a few more years with the Humber zero project it will hopefully improve even further too,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 102
LocalLadGTFC
January 3, 2024, 1:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from DB

It looks good but it is not what we have been led to believe. 1878 said they wanted a training ground in Grimsby. This would be for the club and community. This site is not within the Grimsby boundary and is a fair distance for Grimsby folk to travel. Also we we were led to believe that a Parish Council was holding the job up, Immingham has a Town Council.

If i'm honest, Grimsby doesn't need another hub for football. Bradley and Clee Fields will both serve a purpose for that within Grimsby. It's a training ground first and foremost and the primary target should be about the playing side and making it easier for players to travel to and maximising potential and facilities. Our academy uses Oasis Academy Wintringham for training and educational purposes.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.