Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New training facility.

This thread currently has 10,861 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Bristol Mariner
January 9, 2024, 8:03am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GibMariner

Are we loosing money. According to the chair YES!!! think he said a mill this season or needs to put in an extra mill. So what kind of debt is that then?. He said he would want his money back. Are they interest bearing loans. That would increase the debt never as before.

Not having a go at all. BUT THIS

We made a profit for many years under the previous, evidenced by accounts that were a public record scrutinised by shareholders, fans and under the strict  code of  PLC accounting principles. I would say that’s pretty investable.

What do we really know now? Nothing except what we hear from the chair. No relo, no training ground news, no money, no investors, one out one in and we need another mill to see the season out.

Never has the clubs seen such income, fan support, promotion, great cup run, player transfer income!!! ALL THAT MONEY where has it gone. Oh and plus the 800k was it in the bank at conception.

It’s a private business but that’s progress favoured by vocals as we push up the league’s with Selwyns  black and white army. Me hopes 👍👍

Should we be worried 😟 I am.

I think it’s not Magic our Morris but more smoke and mirrors

Yea John

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 102
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 9, 2024, 9:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Up an hour late, fed cat but not take meds.  15 mins late to work

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 102
mariner91
January 9, 2024, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,661
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from GibMariner

We made a profit for many years under the previous, evidenced by accounts that were a public record scrutinised by shareholders, fans and under the strict  code of  PLC accounting principles. I would say that’s pretty investable.

At the expense of the infrastructure, the league position and the reputation of the football club. But at least we made a small profit each season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 102
GibMariner
January 9, 2024, 10:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Yea John

Wish I was a penny behind him. 😊😊

I write with concern after threading together things coming out of the club.

The fact is the club was viable and not now according to the chair.

The fact is it’s not sustainable which is not consistent with the chair’s values !! and it could be living beyond its means.

Without facts I simply put it out there based upon what comes out of the club.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 102
Northbank Mariner
January 9, 2024, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,480
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GibMariner

Wish I was a penny behind him. 😊😊

I write with concern after threading together things coming out of the club.

The fact is the club was viable and not now according to the chair.

The fact is it’s not sustainable which is not consistent with the chair’s values !! and it could be living beyond its means.

Without facts I simply put it out there based upon what comes out of the club.

The only reason the club is losing money now is because of Fenty, can you not understand that?...
New pontoon roof, essential safety works to the main stand, BP drainage, cheapside pitch n facilities dropping to bits needed major surgery!..
You see, we were sustainable because he spent nothing on the club whilst lining his pockets with a healthy pension pot and robbing shares from the trust, oh and let's not forget the £1.5m loan he wanted back!! .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 102
Maringer
January 9, 2024, 10:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from mariner91

At the expense of the infrastructure, the league position and the reputation of the football club. But at least we made a small profit each season.

Who needs to train with round footballs anyway?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 102
January 9, 2024, 11:25am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You’re cherry picking to creative a narrative.

Couple of bits,

- Under Fenty the accounts may have looked neat but the our position in the pyramid was lower than it had been in a century

- Under that regime loyal hard working supporters spent £££££‘s having to endure relegations, false hope, poor facilities and a match day experience that sat in the 1920s.

- Whilst we had to put up with the above JSF bullied people out of shares, alienating countless stakeholders in the process but still found the due diligence to line his pension pot.

If you think we were “investable” then your wife needs to get power of attorney over your finances I suspect.

A few other bits,

Where has a lot of income gone?

- Paying Fenty back

- Chespside that was starved of credibility due to a cheap skate

- £300K+ provision in the accounts for the Main Stand

- Other costs to patch up BP that had been denied for the best part of 2 decades.

- Building footballing expertise infrastructure that will I believe progress us.

There’s loads more to be honest.

Just a point though about the £800k in the bank, that’s arguably the biggest smokescreen as that was cash flow and not positive reserves or net assets. Technically that cash belonged to the business & couldn’t be distributed to directors anyway, if it could do you think John would have left it behind as a welcome gift?

To add to this list about 'no training ground news', as JS said there are legal problems which do not involve them, so they have to wait until those legal problems are sorted out by the third parties.  So pretty much all of your cherry picking has been answered, I can't wait to see what your next pearls of wisdom will bring us.
Reply: 76 - 102
GibMariner
January 9, 2024, 11:38am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The only reason the club is losing money now is because of Fenty, can you not understand that?...
New pontoon roof, essential safety works to the main stand, BP drainage, cheapside pitch n facilities dropping to bits needed major surgery!..
You see, we were sustainable because he spent nothing on the club whilst lining his pockets with a healthy pension pot and robbing shares from the trust, oh and let's not forget the £1.5m loan he wanted back!! .

Ok I get the narrative. But does it really fit.

The fact is the club has always maintained a safety certificate without the sensation / fuss inferred today. If the new owners chose to make investments in vanity projects like glass screens in the upper and the idea of removing a few posts in the main, which as an engineer I cannot fathom, but its their prarogative. And presumably rather than maintain the Pony roof, instead to fit the idea of none relocation, it was maybe felt good money spent for the long term . Ask the owners I prefer not to speculate.

Oh and repayment of loans doesn’t hit the balance sheet or affect profit.

Oh and by the way the pitch remains a mess JT mentioned it in a recent game and I we are not through the bad wether.      

Happy to blame the previous for all-SORTS but after three years, the argument it’s all Fenty’s fault cannot be taken seriously.  

We don’t even know if there is a problem because we haven seen the accounts. As mentioned in my first post I only thread together what’s coming from the chair/club. No axe to grind but remain concerned.

Private Message
Reply: 77 - 102
paulmblythe
January 9, 2024, 12:05pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GibMariner

The fact is the club has always maintained a safety certificate without the sensation / fuss inferred today. If the new owners chose to make investments in vanity projects like glass screens in the upper and the idea of removing a few posts in the main, which as an engineer I cannot fathom, but its their prarogative. And presumably rather than maintain the Pony roof, instead to fit the idea of none relocation, it was maybe felt good money spent for the long term . Ask the owners I prefer not to speculate.

Oh and by the way the pitch remains a mess JT mentioned it in a recent game and I we are not through the bad wether.      

Happy to blame the previous for all-SORTS but after three years, the argument it’s all Fenty’s fault cannot be taken seriously.  

We don’t even know if there is a problem because we haven seen the accounts. As mentioned in my first post I only thread together what’s coming from the chair/club. No axe to grind but remain concerned.

Surely as an engineer you'd understand the term end of life regarding the main stand columns? Also in the hundred plus years since they where installed materials and engineering practices have evolved. If the structural engineers can calculate that the roof can safely be supported by less columns thats a win for the fans too surely?

As regards the pitch. While not perfect its a damn sight better than it has been in my living memory. I'm pretty sure theres at least 1 game this season that would have been called off last season and in previous seasons due to the rain. the Findus stand side has far more grass on it than it usually does this time of year

as for the safety certificate its my understanding that at least 2 stands would have been condemned in the last couple of seasons due to lack of preventative maintenance, i cant help but feel that the sale of the club and the work needed on the stadium is not a coincidence....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 102
crusty ole pie
January 9, 2024, 12:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,351
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from GibMariner

Was mer fenty some sort of engineer is he not rumoured to be counting his pennies somewhere Spain way just saying that’s all

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.