Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New training facility.

This thread currently has 10,870 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
January 6, 2024, 11:47am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from marinerjase
It sure why it’s so hard to get your head around that the training facility (should/when it happen) will cost so much, owners don’t have bottomless pit or investors/sponsors yet - and said training facility if only used by club/youth/women’s/academies would be sat vacant for a proportion of the day. Know only too well the demand for pitches, particularly sept to April - so opening any up to public/clubs is common sense. Don’t understand why anyone would whinge at that in all honesty..

If we don't have investors yet, I can't see them coming any time soon. We've failed to capitalise on momentum and opportunities yet again.

The smug statements of refusing investments because we don't need them are going to mean Stockwood needs to put his hand in his pocket to deliver the training ground he promised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 102
Northbank Mariner
January 6, 2024, 11:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,497
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

If we don't have investors yet, I can't see them coming any time soon. We've failed to capitalise on momentum and opportunities yet again.

The smug[b][/b] statements of refusing investments because we don't need them are going to mean Stockwood needs to put his hand in his pocket to deliver the training ground he promised.

urine off Pen, he wasn't ever smug with that statement, at that time we weren't looking for outside investment, the new owners were too busy sorting out the shitshow your pal JSF had left the club, ground and trying facility in!!!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 102
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2024, 12:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pen penfras

The smug statements of refusing investments because we don't need them are going to mean Stockwood needs to put his hand in his pocket to deliver the training ground he promised.

How could you ask anyone to invest at a point in time when there was a burden of so called “benign” debt” hanging around the clubs neck to be repaid?

I can see it now 1878 saying “ we’d like you to invest but to save time cut us out & give your cash straight to John”.

After 2 decades of penny pinching & patching up it’s not like the property portfolio is worth investing in is it?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 102
crusty ole pie
January 6, 2024, 12:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,352
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from pen penfras

Ffs give it a rest your bed pal was super successful in bringing outside funding into the club wasn’t he Parker lasted6 months before he tried to stitch  him up the lottery winner on the promise he would make him chairman (he told his wife that in the back of my taxi ) and the ideally suited fraudster a really successful packet of investment. And let’s not forget local businesses would rather pour money into clee town rather than help fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 102
GrimPol
January 6, 2024, 1:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -681
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How could you ask anyone to invest at a point in time when there was a burden of so called “benign” debt” hanging around the clubs neck to be repaid?

I can see it now 1878 saying “ we’d like you to invest but to save time cut us out & give your cash straight to John”.

After 2 decades of penny pinching & patching up it’s not like the property portfolio is worth investing in is it?

When you say "Investors" do you mean   A) Investment is the act of allocating resources, usually money, with the expectation of generating an income or profit.  You hopefully take back more than you put in.  Or B) Input of money, which will be taken out in the future with no extras, or C) A Gift.

Personally, I can't see people lining up for A as we are losing money, so how do we pay back with interest Investments? Lets hope for B) and C) people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 102
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2024, 2:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

When you say "Investors" do you mean   A) Investment is the act of allocating resources, usually money, with the expectation of generating an income or profit.  You hopefully take back more than you put in.  Or B) Input of money, which will be taken out in the future with no extras, or C) A Gift.

Personally, I can't see people lining up for A as we are losing money, so how do we pay back with interest Investments? Lets hope for B) and C) people.

I tend to agree, unless the relocation strategy changes (which I can’t see why it should ATM) any additional investment would probably come from people who are supporters who’ve made good.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 102
GibMariner
January 9, 2024, 5:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Are we loosing money. According to the chair YES!!! think he said a mill this season or needs to put in an extra mill. So what kind of debt is that then?. He said he would want his money back. Are they interest bearing loans. That would increase the debt never as before.

Not having a go at all. BUT THIS

We made a profit for many years under the previous, evidenced by accounts that were a public record scrutinised by shareholders, fans and under the strict  code of  PLC accounting principles. I would say that’s pretty investable.

What do we really know now? Nothing except what we hear from the chair. No relo, no training ground news, no money, no investors, one out one in and we need another mill to see the season out.

Never has the clubs seen such income, fan support, promotion, great cup run, player transfer income!!! ALL THAT MONEY where has it gone. Oh and plus the 800k was it in the bank at conception.

It’s a private business but that’s progress favoured by vocals as we push up the league’s with Selwyns  black and white army. Me hopes 👍👍

Should we be worried 😟 I am.

I think it’s not Magic our Morris but more smoke and mirrors
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 102
Northbank Mariner
January 9, 2024, 7:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,497
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GibMariner

Are we loosing money. According to the chair YES!!! think he said a mill this season or needs to put in an extra mill. So what kind of debt is that then?. He said he would want his money back. Are they interest bearing loans. That would increase the debt never as before.

We made a profit for many years under the previous, evidenced by accounts that were a public record scrutinised by shareholders, fans and under the strict  code of  PLC accounting principles. I would say that’s pretty investable.

What do we really know now? Nothing except what we hear from the chair. No relo, no training ground news, no money, no investors, one out one in and we need another mill to see the season out.

Never has the clubs seen such income, fan support, promotion, great cup run, player transfer income!!! ALL THAT MONEY where has it gone. Oh and plus the 800k was it in the bank at conception.

It’s a private business but that’s progress favoured by vocals as we push up the league’s with Selwyns  black and white army. Me hopes 👍👍

Any company can profit if it doesn't invest income back into it!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 102
HertsGTFC
January 9, 2024, 7:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GibMariner

You’re cherry picking to creative a narrative.

Couple of bits,

- Under Fenty the accounts may have looked neat but the our position in the pyramid was lower than it had been in a century

- Under that regime loyal hard working supporters spent £££££‘s having to endure relegations, false hope, poor facilities and a match day experience that sat in the 1920s.

- Whilst we had to put up with the above JSF bullied people out of shares, alienating countless stakeholders in the process but still found the due diligence to line his pension pot.

If you think we were “investable” then your wife needs to get power of attorney over your finances I suspect.

A few other bits,

Where has a lot of income gone?

- Paying Fenty back

- Chespside that was starved of credibility due to a cheap skate

- £300K+ provision in the accounts for the Main Stand

- Other costs to patch up BP that had been denied for the best part of 2 decades.

- Building footballing expertise infrastructure that will I believe progress us.

There’s loads more to be honest.

Just a point though about the £800k in the bank, that’s arguably the biggest smokescreen as that was cash flow and not positive reserves or net assets. Technically that cash belonged to the business & couldn’t be distributed to directors anyway, if it could do you think John would have left it behind as a welcome gift?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 102
acko338
January 9, 2024, 7:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
Is it worth some form of fan trust fund share system for investing into the new location training ground development?

The youth team has the 200 club scheme that was well subscribed,

The fans are desperate for the new development to get sorted, so would some form of fan capital investment push it sooner??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New training facility.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.