9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
December 26, 2023, 3:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
It's not very often I'm embarrassed to be a Town fan but we were handed our collective ar&es on a plate today. We struggled to do the basics. We couldn't pass the ball which is an absolute pre requisite for playing the type of game Artell appears to want. There was a bit more movement especially in the first half when we did put together a couple of very good moves.
The first goal took a deflection but came about because we lost the ball. The second goal happened because we allowed their lad to run...and run.
Second half was damage limitation with some of the players body language suggesting-far too early-they knew they were beaten. We appear to have picked up injuries- not ideal at this time of year.
Man of the Match by a country mile Harvey Cartwright who without much help from those in front of him made at least EIGHT greaat saves/blocks.
Of the outfield players only Green (in patches) and the irrepressible Danny Rose came out with much credit.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GibMariner
December 26, 2023, 3:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Good summary.

Long second half season
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 87
It Bites
December 26, 2023, 3:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 265
You’re right it was embarrassing. I’m talking Bignot Ball embarrassing. To be destroyed like that by a team in the same league is not on . We looked like a non league team who train twice a week . The Artell bounce has gone , we have no money and 7/8 players who are no where near good enough to compete at mid table in this league . Yeah I know Fenty and Hurst have played their parts but as it’s been pointed out too me , we need to move on . I’m afraid JS&AP are failing on the football side as much as Fenty . I said Football Side only
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 87
December 26, 2023, 3:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from It Bites
You’re right it was embarrassing. I’m talking Bignot Ball embarrassing. To be destroyed like that by a team in the same league is not on . We looked like a non league team who train twice a week . The Artell bounce has gone , we have no money and 7/8 players who are no where near good enough to compete at mid table in this league . Yeah I know Fenty and Hurst have played their parts but as it’s been pointed out too me , we need to move on . I’m afraid JS&AP are failing on the football side as much as Fenty . I said Football Side only

You do realise that when the new owners bought the club they said the footballing side would be left 100% to the Manager/Head Coach?

Reply: 3 - 87
Zmariner
December 26, 2023, 3:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
As bad as the Harrogate performance against a much better team. Worst defence in years , it was embarrassing and 6 would not have flattered them. Huge respect to the travelling fans as this was a game we would always lose. I did not expect us to be this pathetic and gutless though. Artell needs to be a bit more pragmatic, that said when you looked at our bench, Hurst as a lot to answer for. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 87
LocalLadGTFC
December 26, 2023, 3:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,220
Gold Stars: 137
Bring back Hewitt and Menayese
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 87
Plankton
December 26, 2023, 3:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
I'm so disappointed that the new owners, the promotion, the FA cup run, hasn't all combined into something to kick us on to becoming a club to be proud of. It's quite frankly embarrassing, the ground is a state, the players are the worst we've had in recent times and the vibe is extremely negative at the games. 1200 away fans there today and this is what was served up, appalling.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 87
It Bites
December 26, 2023, 3:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 123614

You do realise that when the new owners bought the club they said the footballing side would be left 100% to the Manager/Head Coach?

I heard that . I also heard them wanting to see the team play a certain way ?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 87
friskneymariner
December 26, 2023, 3:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Agree that we have 7/8 players who are not good enough,it really shows how poor our recruitment was in the summer.Owners need to step up,but doubt they will,with the appointment of Artell think they appointed in their own like,bad move in management terms as it invariably results in group think.
He may be confident we won't be relegated,but I am not ,and if we escape it will only be because there are two teams worse than us.This transfer window  is crucial in the history of town.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 87
Yoda
December 26, 2023, 3:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,159
Gold Stars: 71
DA will be full on David Brent in his post match interview.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 87
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back in the car

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.