It Bites
December 26, 2023, 3:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,214
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Phil the cod

I went on Saturday to the Harrogate game with my young niece, whilst in the osmand end I pulled out a can of coke that I'd bought her from the spar shop on way to the ground, immediately two stewards pounced on me demanding I give them the can as it is an offensive weapon! I said how is it it's a coke can ffsake, oh,you can snap it in half and slash someone with it was the reply, wtf! I was with my niece for god sake. Point is (yes there is one) instead of this woke health and safety b.llshit and £5 sausage rolls they should focus more on the playing side as we are a laughing stock, even my Scunthorpe supporting work colleagues think we are a joke.

Scunthorpe are a grass roots club , take no notice of them
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 87
Phil the cod
December 26, 2023, 3:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

Are you seriously suggesting you've found a glitch in the time/space continuim - that if we allow cans of coke in the osmond then we may start winning?

Given what's happening on the pitch, I'd agree it's worth a try

You silly boy, you know very well what I'm say you little tinker.

To sum up then,
1: how is a can of pop a deadly weapon?
2: when are we going to sign a big lad up front?
3: when will fans realise these two owners are all pointy brown shoes, smoke and mirrors and advacado salad eating lefties?
4: we need to ship out most of this squad.
5: the food and drink is shocking, the tea tastes like drain water.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 87
Heisenberg
December 26, 2023, 3:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,072
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Phil the cod

I went on Saturday to the Harrogate game with my young niece, whilst in the osmand end I pulled out a can of coke that I'd bought her from the spar shop on way to the ground, immediately two stewards pounced on me demanding I give them the can as it is an offensive weapon! I said how is it it's a coke can ffsake, oh,you can snap it in half and slash someone with it was the reply, wtf! I was with my niece for god sake. Point is (yes there is one) instead of this woke health and safety b.llshit and £5 sausage rolls they should focus more on the playing side as we are a laughing stock, even my Scunthorpe supporting work colleagues think we are a joke.

Those stewards don’t know what they’re on about - but still, you can’t take a can in as, when full, it’s a pretty lethal weapon when thrown, especially onto the pitch.

As for your Scunny mates, just because they’re currently doing well in regional football doesn’t make them experts. They’ve had seasons at the top of L2 on sub-4000 crowds, so they’re in no position to question our current form or position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 87
Hagrid
December 26, 2023, 4:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,431
Gold Stars: 535
Just got back myself

Embarrasing 2nd half performance, could have been 10 but for bad  finishing and outstanding goalkeeping.

Our defence is a joke, Rodgers on a 3 year deal is just insanity. He is dreadful.
Clifton was excrement again, and somehow got 90 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 87
Phil the cod
December 26, 2023, 4:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Heisenberg

Those stewards don’t know what they’re on about - but still, you can’t take a can in as, when full, it’s a pretty lethal weapon when thrown, especially onto the pitch.

As for your Scunny mates, just because they’re currently doing well in regional football doesn’t make them experts. They’ve had seasons at the top of L2 on sub-4000 crowds, so they’re in no position to question our current form or position.

Can was open and half drunk, as for my Scunthorpe mates, we'll be able to have a beer with them pre match next season way it's going for both clubs.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 87
Zmariner
December 26, 2023, 4:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Phil the cod

Was it diet or full sugar?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 87
GibMariner
December 26, 2023, 4:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from 123614

You do realise that when the new owners bought the club they said the footballing side would be left 100% to the Manager/Head Coach?

That’s always been the case. Just another prop for when it  may go wrong 😑
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 87
hampshiremariner
December 26, 2023, 4:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,052
Gold Stars: 35
I have it on authority from a regular Crewe attender. that DA had them playing very entertaining and successful football. Then at the end of the season. they lost some of their key loanees and went into sharp decline. They could have gone down last season but had a revival at the end to escape trouble.
I really hoped we would press on this season. People on here actually stated they thought PH had built a stronger squad. Someone else said we had good players but PH could not get them to play a tune.  
I think it will be very hard to strengthen this squad in January and DA will have to work with what he’s got. I hope he can improve things but when you see reports from eye-witnesses that some of the players switched off and downed tools today, then he’s got a real challenge on. 39 shots on out goal, that beats Liverpool’s 34 against MU!
Well done to our goalkeeper. You saved us from one hell of a beating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 87
Maringer
December 26, 2023, 4:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from smokey111
Any link to DA post match please?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h1nwgf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 87
Limerick Mariner
December 26, 2023, 4:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
   Back home. In terms of relegation fights, we are right in the thick of it, no matter what DA says. The body language of the players in the second half says it all. We are making our own bad luck with deflected goals with opposition players getting shots off that they shouldn’t be allowed to. We are totally reliant on Rose up front, he worked his socks off again and must be totally p!ssed off with the shambles behind him. An injury to him and we are well and truly fecked.

DA really needs to earn his corn in Jan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back in the car

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.