Reply: 70 - 122
friskneymariner
November 24, 2023, 3:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Just to urine you off more B+W my second career was as a woke psycholgist,my training  all paid for by the M.O.D.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 122
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 24, 2023, 3:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from 123614

Lol, you are so naïve.  There are actual videos showing Muslims in London threatening people for abusing Sharia Law.

*sigh*....

Sharia is literally translated as 'the correct path' and is believed, by Muslims, to be the way to live moral lives and grow close to God. Sharia is interpreted very differently within Islam itself and is therefore expressed in different ways in different countries and among different Muslim groups (eg Sunni and Shia Muslims).
In it's most severe form it has been criticised for it's treatment of women and the severity of punishments. In it's least extreme form it can be seen as being similar to the Ten Commandments of Christianity.

There is no single form of 'Sharia Law'

Introducing 'Sharia Law' in London would be very difficult because the racial make up of London is very varied and Muslims do not represent a particularly large group proportionately compared to other religions. It would make more sense to introduce 'Sharia Law' in other towns and cities where the Muslim population represents a greater proportion of the general population and live in more concentrated areas. Where Muslims do concentrate in London it tends to be based on their country of origin rather than their religion, like Bangladeshis in East London. Ironically Bangladeshis do not interpret Sharia strictly and severely, tending to be more focused on their work and business interests and families within an Islamic framework.

The narrative of Sharia Law being introduced in London is a constant anti Islamic trope from right wing groups and commentators based in areas geographically (and culturally) remote from London. I note that you live in Barton On Humber.

No objection is ever raised by these commentators to areas in London that actually do have clear and noticeable manifestations of religious laws like the areas of North London that are physically marked out so that Orthodox Jews have to observe Shabbat.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 122
November 24, 2023, 3:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
You are like the boy who poked the wasp nest with a stick then goes running off crying when you are stung.

Did you learn that little tale in the Officers Mess?

Reply: 73 - 122
November 24, 2023, 3:33pm
Guest User

*sigh*....

Sharia is literally translated as 'the correct path' and is believed, by Muslims, to be the way to live moral lives and grow close to God. Sharia is interpreted very differently within Islam itself and is therefore expressed in different ways in different countries and among different Muslim groups (eg Sunni and Shia Muslims).
In it's most severe form it has been criticised for it's treatment of women and the severity of punishments. In it's least extreme form it can be seen as being similar to the Ten Commandments of Christianity.

There is no single form of 'Sharia Law'

Introducing 'Sharia Law' in London would be very difficult because the racial make up of London is very varied and Muslims do not represent a particularly large group proportionately compared to other religions. It would make more sense to introduce 'Sharia Law' in other towns and cities where the Muslim population represents a greater proportion of the general population and live in more concentrated areas. Where Muslims do concentrate in London it tends to be based on their country of origin rather than their religion, like Bangladeshis in East London. Ironically Bangladeshis do not interpret Sharia strictly and severely, tending to be more focused on their work and business interests and families within an Islamic framework.

The narrative of Sharia Law being introduced in London is a constant anti Islamic trope from right wing groups and commentators based in areas geographically (and culturally) remote from London. I note that you live in Barton On Humber.

No objection is ever raised by these commentators to areas in London that actually do have clear and noticeable manifestations of religious laws like the areas of North London that are physically marked out so that Orthodox Jews have to observe Shabbat.

So that makes it ok for Muslim Patrols to tell women they cannot wear short skirts in a Muslim area?  Or that they are not allowed to drink alcohol in a Muslim area?  Or you cannot hold hands with your girlfriend?  This is England, their laws are not our laws.

Reply: 74 - 122
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 24, 2023, 3:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from 123614

So that makes it ok for Muslim Patrols to tell women they cannot wear short skirts in a Muslim area?  Or that they are not allowed to drink alcohol in a Muslim area?  Or you cannot hold hands with your girlfriend?  This is England, their laws are not our laws.

'our laws' 'their laws' - the language of hate, division, ignorance and racism.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 122
November 24, 2023, 3:40pm
Guest User

'our laws' 'their laws' - the language of hate, division, ignorance and racism.

Absolute rubbish.

Reply: 76 - 122
mariner91
November 24, 2023, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 123614
What makes me laugh is that I post a factual piece of news, with NO comment, and everyone jumps on to have a go at me.  Nothing is said to promotion plaice, who said that Lineker should have been sacked the first time.  What a sad lot of posters you are.

It's not factual when you add an opinion to it. "Gobbing off" clearly shows you're negative about him posting what he posted. Which is fine, that's your opinion. The problem is you then get all upset and in to victim mode when people, and it appears to be the majority, disagree with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 122
ginnywings
November 24, 2023, 3:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Were you one of the "old gits" on the Harry Enfield show in a previous life?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 122
November 24, 2023, 3:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

It's not factual when you add an opinion to it. "Gobbing off" clearly shows you're negative about him posting what he posted. Which is fine, that's your opinion. The problem is you then get all upset and in to victim mode when people, and it appears to be the majority, disagree with you.

Don't know how you see 'victim mode', I respond to any posts regarding me, which is my right.

Reply: 79 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lineker Gobbing Off Again

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.