Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jason Stockwood article in todays guardian - worth
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Jason Stockwood article in todays guardian - worth

This thread currently has 7,660 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
November 20, 2023, 8:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,724
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings

JS said right at the onset that the process would take weeks rather than days, and that they hadn't started looking before relieving PH of his duties. I personally didn't feel "digged at" by that article, but then I'm not someone who feels the need to have a moan about everything the club do and say.

But you react by having the occasional sebatical as you have said before. Other fans might stick with it through thin and thin so we are all different aren't we?
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 81
BraStrap
November 20, 2023, 8:51pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
The thing that stood out to me was that the article says we are working on a 5 year plan, when I thought it was previously said (multiple times) it was a 10 year plan they were working on.

Can't you have both? The 5 year is just the first half of the 10 year initially but can be revised with the same long term goal?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
Roast Em Bobby
November 20, 2023, 9:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from BraStrap

Can't you have both? The 5 year is just the first half of the 10 year initially but can be revised with the same long term goal?

I guess so. Probably nothing in it, I just just bignot vibes when I start hearing contradicting company lines being trotted out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
Mappers
November 20, 2023, 9:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ginnywings

JS said right at the onset that the process would take weeks rather than days, and that they hadn't started looking before relieving PH of his duties. I personally didn't feel "digged at" by that article, but then I'm not someone who feels the need to have a moan about everything the club do and say.

Like most things it could be interpreted in different ways , he may well have been generalising with the fan comment but I just thought it was unnecessary when what he said was a complete contradiction to the way Hurst has been treated by the majority of Town fans and it didn't really fit the narrative of what he's saying . Not a moan just my observation   .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
Mappers
November 20, 2023, 9:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
I would rather him answer some more pressing questions -

I can't go to the fans forum but if anyone is please can they ask these .
Unless i can send them in?

- where are we with the new training ground ?
- Is the main stand undergoing the more extensive redevelopment next summer ?
-Are thry still looking at filling in the corners ?
-Are they still looking at upgrading the disabled facilities ?
-How do they plan on retaining season ticket holders if we continue to struggle in league 2?
-Where are they in terms of investors , do they even want investment at this point , or are Jason & Andrew still happy to go with it as it is ?
-Are they still looking to progress/invest in the womens team?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 81
HerveJosse
November 20, 2023, 9:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Mappers
I would rather him answer some more pressing questions -

I can't go to the fans forum but if anyone is please can they ask these .
Unless i can send them in?

- where are we with the new training ground ?
- Is the main stand undergoing the more extensive redevelopment next summer ?
-Are thry still looking at filling in the corners ?
-Are they still looking at upgrading the disabled facilities ?
-How do they plan on retaining season ticket holders if we continue to struggle in league 2?
-Where are they in terms of investors , do they even want investment at this point , or are Jason & Andrew still happy to go with it as it is ?
-Are they still looking to progress/invest in the womens team?

In the words of the Italian Phoenician polymath Maximus Bollockus who knows
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
grimps
November 21, 2023, 4:45am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
The thing that stood out to me was that the article says we are working on a 5 year plan, when I thought it was previously said (multiple times) it was a 10 year plan they were working on.

It would be nice if he shared those plans with us, then we can gauge if we're on track
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
chaos33
November 21, 2023, 5:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
But if he did do that you’d have the usual half dozen people on here, and loads more perpetual entitled, angry warriors with short attention spans and no eye for detail and nuance calling that: ‘PR bullsh1t’, ‘spin’, ‘crying’, ‘data waffle’ and numerous other things which we’ve read on here and on Twitter recently.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2023, 6:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
But if he did do that you’d have the usual half dozen people on here, and loads more perpetual entitled, angry warriors with short attention spans and no eye for detail and nuance calling that: ‘PR bullsh1t’, ‘spin’, ‘crying’, ‘data waffle’ and numerous other things which we’ve read on here and on Twitter recently.

Is the long awaited training ground a detail or a nuance? 🤔
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
Swansea_Mariner
November 21, 2023, 8:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,456
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is the long awaited training ground a detail or a nuance? 🤔

Potentially myth at this point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jason Stockwood article in todays guardian - worth

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.