lukeo
October 22, 2023, 1:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

Except it's factually correct. So many on here proper bealing and it's only October. It's like people have never experienced a long hard slog of a season and were expecting sunshine and roses all the way through. Time to get real, dig in and back the team and players as best you can.

Love this comment.

If you have a moment if you haven't seen already take a look at Middlesbrough start to the season and look where they are now.
I honestly think if we stick with Saturdays formation and Wilson stays fit we will be mid table (10th-16th)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
pontoonlew
October 22, 2023, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from lukeo

Love this comment.

If you have a moment if you haven't seen already take a look at Middlesbrough start to the season and look where they are now.
I honestly think if we stick with Saturdays formation and Wilson stays fit we will be mid table (10th-16th)

Middlesbrough started to pick up after 7 games, we’re 14 games in…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
October 22, 2023, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pontoonlew

Middlesbrough started to pick up after 7 games, we’re 14 games in…

Added to that we were substantially better at the start of the season with new players trying to make an impression and the crowd hopeful.

We have got worse as times gone on, both with results and by and large performances.

Anything like this current form continuing and we will have yet another relegation battle on our hands.

For such an experienced manager Hurst does make far too many mistakes in recruitment, systems, subs and general appreciation of what league 2 requires.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 22, 2023, 3:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from forza ivano

we would need 60+ points from 32 games to get into the play offs, i.e. more or less 2 points per game. To think we could do that with the strength of this division is , i'd say, bordering on delusional!

It`s like you only read the first line of my post! I`m not suggesting we will get a play off place or promotion but there are still a lot of games left.

A couple of people have mentioned Middlesborough, Stockport started slowly but have been on a run of wins, Bolton a couple of seasons ago started very badly but went on a run of (I think) 10 wins that propelled them to promotion.

This is possible but not probable at the moment.

And before I`m called a happy clapper, if we lose on Tuesday I think that we will need to make a change to take advantage of 31 games to go and a  chance to change our current trajectory.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
golfer
October 22, 2023, 4:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 116
If we lose on Tuesday I wont give a fcuck what we do the rest of the season - I'll buy a Drone and play with myself on the beach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
Tommy
October 22, 2023, 4:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 141269

I'm not sure you can blame the manager for a player not holding the line. Pyke knows what offside is. He's a professional footballer with eyes.  

The manager is accountable for signing the player and then playing the player though.
So if he's signed a player who appears to lack football intelligence (and ability), then that IS on the manager.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
moosey_club
October 22, 2023, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 141269

I'm not sure you can blame the manager for a player not holding the line. Pyle knows what offside is. He's a professional footballer with eyes.  

And let's not forget that when the manager gives an interview post match he hasn't had the benefit of tv replays.  He's giving an interview based on what he saw once from the angle he had which was from the dugout.

The offside trap was poor all afternoon, 2nd half Efete was constantly dropping deep as Maher and Rogers pushed out in a Tony Adams style, new partnerships, lack of confidence or just poor defending. The crucial goal,  the line was never straight so can't single out one player...but we didn't deal with the dropping ball either.....and I think I am right in saying we had every player back to defend it.

The ref....he was crap. Absolutely awful first half, massive homer, second half he improved on his fussiness but was inconsistent and wrong , in both directions.

However both are irrelevant really, you can't expect to win a game when you only dominate for 15 - 20 mins, that's the wider issue.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
MuddyWaters
October 22, 2023, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from lukeo

Love this comment.

Yep. Middlesbrough turned it round after 6 games. We’ve got progressively worse.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 23, 2023, 12:37am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from golfer
If we lose on Tuesday I wont give a fcuck what we do the rest of the season - I'll buy a Drone and play with myself on the beach.

So the drone will be for filming yourself from above while you play with yourself? That`s quite niche. Not my bag personally but each to their own.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 23, 2023, 12:43am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep. Middlesbrough turned it round after 6 games. We’ve got progressively worse.

Ah yes, because it`s Grimsby (and fits your Hurst out view) there is no conceivable way that things could be turned around in 31 games or 6 months.

Relegation and sh*t performances are as inevitable as sunrise and sunset.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.