Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 7 points lost from winning position in 5 matches
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

7 points lost from winning position in 5 matches

This thread currently has 4,928 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 26, 2023, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,560
Gold Stars: 185
ChatGPT isn't as stupid.

Just a troll. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't feed the trolls!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
Chrisblor
August 26, 2023, 11:23pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 237
Made me laugh the other week when Hurst was being interviewed and bemoaning the other managers in the EFL not voting in favour of increasing the number of subs on the bench from 7 to 9. Why's Paul so fussed about having another two available substitutes he won't bring on?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 26, 2023, 11:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
I’m a pretty patient supporter and accept that when a lot of new players come in they need time to gel. However, I’m still not sure what formation we are trying to play and it seems that Conteh is often isolated in midfield. Doesn’t he rate Khouri as barely seems to give the lad a chance to show he can do a decent job in our midfield.

Will miss next week’s home game but hopefully he will get the lads to perform as we did against them last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
lukeo
August 27, 2023, 1:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,377
Gold Stars: 148
4141 is what we are playing.
I do think it needs tweaking slightly and someone needs to be further forward to support Rose at all times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
denni266
August 27, 2023, 6:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132

Rob definitely needs to bring in some sort of anti-bot detection tool on this site (not a reference to Morris’ Minors 😊😊😊😊).

Denni could spend all week trying to find the traffic lights to prove he’s not a robot. It’d be like watching a cat with a ball of string, who then has a shït, sniffs it, thinks, ‘I’ll have a piece of that’ and chows it down like a perineum panna cotta.

Are you sure you’re not the fourth draft of ChatGPT? The one that got away. The one that took AI, and thought, fück this, humans are too stupid for artificial intelligence. The one where you can filter the output based on:

Bėll end ✔️
Thick ✔️
Impatient ✔️
Annoying as fück ✔️

I can asure you i am only 1 of the above     Impatient... Too many people are up Hurst`s rear end and he is serving them all a nice dollop of crap and they are loving it.  I hope many on here dont start up in business because accepting poor to average products wont last long.. People dont like the truith as it hurts we are crap and borrrring nearly every game. Give me something to cheer about and i will be as loud as the rest.. Give me crap and i will give crap back   And at the moment  well most of the time with hurst we are crap  So suck it up buttercups we need change or we go backwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
GollyGTFC
August 27, 2023, 6:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from lukeo
4141 is what we are playing.
I do think it needs tweaking slightly and someone needs to be further forward to support Rose at all times.

In the 2nd half we did. 1st half it was the dreaded 4-2-3-1 with Clifton as the “numbed 10” again.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 60
lukeo
August 27, 2023, 8:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,377
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from GollyGTFC

In the 2nd half we did. 1st half it was the dreaded 4-2-3-1 with Clifton as the “numbed 10” again.

Could have fooled me. It looked the same.. second half we just pushed a couple players higher up the field.
I'd like to see Eisa and 1 other (not Vernam) pushed further forward out wide and someone sat behind Rose. Always have 3 or 4 really going forward. Worst case scenario if we lose the ball we should have minimum 5 behind it with Conteh sat deap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
GollyGTFC
August 27, 2023, 8:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
First half Holohan was sat deeper next to Conteh and Clifton was playing in the number 10 role.

Second half Conteh was alone as the deeper midfielder and Holohan played right side and Clifton left side as the more advanced pairing in central midfield.

And re: already dropping 7 points from winning positions after just 5 league games… Leyton Orient only dropped 14 points from winning positions in the whole of last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 60
chaos33
August 27, 2023, 8:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Really I see Rose as more of a 10 so I’d like to see another forward plying centrally and close to him. Eisa cutting in from wide positions is a threat and we have Clifton and Gav running forward from deeper positions. Clifton is not a 10. You can see that PH is persevering with Vernam as he should be much more of an attacking threat but that’s not working, hence the need for something different.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
lew chaterleys lover
August 27, 2023, 8:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
We had everything going for us in pre season. A bit more money to spend, early signings but I'm not sure what we use training for but we are playing with one striker who is badly isolated and has been for every game so far. We create very few chances and in the games I've seen I can't remember one golden opportunity not taken.

Surely the whole management team can see the shortcomings with Rose isolated? Repeating the idea that the wide players should get closer to him is not working, nor are the midfield players running beyond him.

Eisa has been the one bright spot, but without his screamers and goals we wouldn't be in a good place at all.

There is a hell of a lot to work on and hopefully a big striker this week to help Rose.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 7 points lost from winning position in 5 matches

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.