Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 7 points lost from winning position in 5 matches
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

7 points lost from winning position in 5 matches

This thread currently has 4,927 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
August 26, 2023, 6:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
This is becoming a habit. Throwing away points. And other than the Glennon red card avoidance substitution we’ve surrendered this points without making any changes despite the opposition bringing on fresh legs in all 3 of those matches.

Modern football is a squad game. I don’t think you can get away with waiting until the 88th minute to make a substitute anymore.

Hurst gives the impression he’s happy with the squad he’s assembled, so why is he so reluctant to use what available to him on the bench?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
lukeo
August 26, 2023, 7:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Negative post.
1 win but only 1 lose in 5 games against 5 teams who were tipped to do well. I wasn't happy with today's first half performance going forward but it was much improved 2nd half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
GrimRob
August 26, 2023, 7:45pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,411
Gold Stars: 113
Against mainly the top teams. We must have had one of the hardest set of opening games. Jam today is best but jam tomorrow is better than no jam at all.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 60
Kris2
August 26, 2023, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
I'm not a fan of Hurst's sub phobia either or his lack of desire to change anything unless he has to because we are getting destroyed or an injury but you're whining over nothing. It's not like we are getting tonked every game or even losing, apart from the Notts County game we have not conceded more than one goal either. Our form is the same as Wrexham with much less goals conceded (and scored).

Yes, work needs to be done but a lot of football to be played and it could be much, much worse like being Doncaster lol. I'd be joining in the complaining if we'd started our season losing at home to Harrogate and getting twonked by the mighty Newport.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
denni266
August 26, 2023, 8:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Why are all the teams we play classed as top teams. After spending approx 1 mill other teams should be saying that about us. I don't believe for one minute it's all the players fault and there is one common denominator in this.. Hurst about time he went
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
chaos33
August 26, 2023, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from denni266
Why are all the teams we play classed as top teams. After spending approx 1 mill other teams should be saying that about us. I don't believe for one minute it's all the players fault and there is one common denominator in this.. Hurst about time he went

How do you know what we’ve spent, or anyone else for that matter? Unless we win every week you’ll bleat anyway.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
kevikov
August 26, 2023, 9:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Like it or not, this is a hurst trait. He’s a percentage manager and in fairness to him it’s worked in the main so far in his career when he’s given the time. He trusts/believes in his plan and is adverse to changing it without extreme provocation. It does mean more draws than wins but also more draws than losses.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
August 26, 2023, 10:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from denni266

What absolute twaddle

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
August 26, 2023, 10:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
There’s a good few people on here need to get a sense of perspective. We’ve got pretty much a new team and have started reasonably well. Guess what though, that new team will take time to gel. Tuckman would say we are approaching the “Norming” phase of team development, I’d agree. We will do some things well but others not so much, as we develop further this balance will change for the positive. Just gotta be a bit more Lasso.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 26, 2023, 10:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from denni266

Rob definitely needs to bring in some sort of anti-bot detection tool on this site (not a reference to Morris’ Minors 😊😊😊😊).

Denni could spend all week trying to find the traffic lights to prove he’s not a robot. It’d be like watching a cat with a ball of string, who then has a shït, sniffs it, thinks, ‘I’ll have a piece of that’ and chows it down like a perineum panna cotta.

Are you sure you’re not the fourth draft of ChatGPT? The one that got away. The one that took AI, and thought, fück this, humans are too stupid for artificial intelligence. The one where you can filter the output based on:

Bėll end ✔️
Thick ✔️
Impatient ✔️
Annoying as fück ✔️

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 7 points lost from winning position in 5 matches

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.