9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
CSLM
April 14, 2023, 10:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
I find it incredible that anyone wouldn't want McAtee next season.
He hasn't hit the heights of last season and does make some questionable decisions on the ball but I think a lot of this is down to him trying too hard to prove himself.
Also I cannot understand it when I hear people say he isn't trying/bothered. His body language could be construed that way occasionally but he is still one of the most hardworking players out there in my opinion.
It is fustrating seeing him berate team mates but most of the time it is understandable. I do concede that on the odd occasion it is out of order though when his 40 yarder hasn't come off Haha.
To me his reactions to goals and wins show how much he enjoys it and actually/hopefully cares. Could say the same about Orsi to tbf.

The thing is how the hell are we going to get a better player than McAtee. We would need a miracle.
All this probably isn't an option but I think if we had any chance to have him another year we should do everything we can to make it so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 87
pontoonlew
April 15, 2023, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from CSLM
I find it incredible that anyone wouldn't want McAtee next season.
He hasn't hit the heights of last season and does make some questionable decisions on the ball but I think a lot of this is down to him trying too hard to prove himself.
Also I cannot understand it when I hear people say he isn't trying/bothered. His body language could be construed that way occasionally but he is still one of the most hardworking players out there in my opinion.
It is fustrating seeing him berate team mates but most of the time it is understandable. I do concede that on the odd occasion it is out of order though when his 40 yarder hasn't come off Haha.
To me his reactions to goals and wins show how much he enjoys it and actually/hopefully cares. Could say the same about Orsi to tbf.

The thing is how the hell are we going to get a better player than McAtee. We would need a miracle.
All this probably isn't an option but I think if we had any chance to have him another year we should do everything we can to make it so.

He’s had a few poor games recently but the excrement he’s had on here & Twitter has been ridiculous and we’ll 100% look back wondering why on earth some people didn’t appreciate him this season.

I’m currently watching Barnet v Wrexham & one player we almost had recently in Harry Smith is demonstrating he’d be a massive upgrade on our current striking options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 87
GtfcGarner
April 15, 2023, 1:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from pontoonlew

He’s had a few poor games recently but the excrement he’s had on here & Twitter has been ridiculous and we’ll 100% look back wondering why on earth some people didn’t appreciate him this season.

I’m currently watching Barnet v Wrexham & one player we almost had recently in Harry Smith is demonstrating he’d be a massive upgrade on our current striking options.

Yeah a big lump at 6'5. 5 in 8 at Barnet since arriving on loan. Looked good the first half, with Orient all but promoted I think it's the sort of player we will see Hurst go in for. Been notorious in his interviews saying we are desperate for height in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 87
pontoonlew
April 15, 2023, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Barnets right back the best on the pitch second half, some great balls and and a weapon of a throw!

Cropper they call him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 87
Limerick Mariner
April 15, 2023, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,739
Gold Stars: 138
Rochdale are down. Anyone there we might want to pick up - didn’t a defender from Alty that we were interested in go there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 87
Posh Harry
April 15, 2023, 8:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Rochdale are down. Anyone there we might want to pick up - didn’t a defender from Alty that we were interested in go there?

Sounds like a load of mularkey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 87
HertsGTFC
April 15, 2023, 9:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228

No

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 87
Youngy
April 16, 2023, 5:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9

He looked decent when Rochdale played here but feel location is the issue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Upgrades

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.