9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Youngy
March 30, 2023, 7:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,662
Gold Stars: 9
We were linked with Emile Acquah in January from Maidenhead. Scored 13 this season, 6ft 2 and out of contract in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 85
LN8Mariner
March 30, 2023, 11:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +313
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano
I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see Vernham back with us next season

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/30/sunderland-footballer-jack-diamond-charged-with-and-sexual-assault[/url]

Possibly not now he will have probably a bigger role to play in the run in. I suppose we can be pleased that we didn’t get Diamond though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
promotion plaice
March 31, 2023, 12:02am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

Hurst will sign player/s in the summer we've never heard of as usual.

Not a bad thing.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 85
March 31, 2023, 9:38am
Guest User
For me, there are 2 things that count against Bogle:

1. His attitude - he made it very clear that he didn't want to play football any more and wanted to concentrate on his music career. Yet here he is 3 (?) years on still playing football and having moved to several clubs, each lower than the last
2. His record is not great in recent years. I could forgive him this while he was at clubs higher up the league but he's at Newport now and is still not pulling up trees.

There is a third, he's said no to us very clearly.

I'd want Hurst to be 100% certain he could get a tune out of him before he came back.

This is the crux of the issue, isn't it?

If Hurst can get him playing - then his previous poor attitude, moderate recent record, and earlier "no" won't matter a jot.
Obviously there are no guarantees to be had on that one, though.

As ever, I'm glad I'm not a football manager !
Reply: 83 - 85
fishboyUTM
April 1, 2023, 9:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
If we are going to continue with a front three then I'd suggested adding George Lloyd as a permanent addition. He's shown enough to suggest he would do great job for us wide right of that centre forward.

The worst kept secret is Charles Vernam returning to us, he would be fantastic wide left in my opinion. He's almost rejoined us on a couple of occasions. I rate him highly and he is coming to his prime now.

The elusive centre forward? I'm struggling. Not easy on the eye but perhaps Armstrong at Harrogate, he impressed me particularly at their place with his strength, willingness to graft and two well taken goals that day. He's bagged a dozen in a poor side that don't create a lot as far as I can see.

The rest of the side doesn't need too much change for the first time in many a year. Sort out the front three and with minor amendments I am sure we would compete at the top end of the table next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 85
nightrider
April 1, 2023, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
No mention on here of Theo Archibald after 1st game of the season
Best player on the pitch imo (or at least the one who ran himself into the ground - he wanted to win bad which is what need) and very surprised Hurst didn't sign him baring in mind his locality. Maybe he tried
Highly rated by Orient but imagine they'll be looking to improve next season

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striker search - part 7/10

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.