Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 135 Guests

Wrexham spending again !

This thread currently has 9,701 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
March 24, 2023, 9:40am
Guest User
Quoted from Son of Cod

Wasn't just that though, for me it was the whole day of the playoff semi. I walked away from The Racecourse after the match wearing Town colours and I lost count of the amount of people who shook my hand and wished us well for next season on the walk to the pub. In a ten minute walk it was easily over twenty though, perhaps even thirty. Then the same again in the pub, which was full of Wrexham fans. We were told before we went not to go in this pub or that pub or you'll get in trouble. Pre-match I went in two of the pubs that were supposedly no go options and the fans were absolutely fine in there. Chatty fans on the train that just wanted to talk about footy too.

I'm not fussed who they sign or whatever they spend, in fact I quite like the circus that goes with it all. The same as someone above though, my problems are with Mullin and Parkinson. My only other criticism of them would be that Ryan Reynolds seems to be somewhat of a disruptive influence. There were a number of times that his presence and his social media promotion got in the way of the first team squad's preparation going off the documentary. One in particular, he showed up as a surprise and they had to abandon their entire day of training and it was at the crunch end of the season too. If I was a Wrexham fan I'd be a bit concerned about that.

The amount of threads and time on here spent discussing them is a bit weird

Have to agree on that - so many posts complain about all the attention Wrexham receive from the media, yet TheFishy can't just
leave happenings at the Racecourse Ground alone!  

What you posted about the Wrexham fans was a very nice read.
Reply: 50 - 86
Mariner_09
March 24, 2023, 11:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from 140381
It'll be interesting to see how they do when they get promoted, and Parkinson actually has to plan for the season given they're subject to transfer windows. Never rated him as a manager and I suspect he'll be on borrowed time the second they get promoted.

Just means they'll have to be a bit more organised next summer, that's all. I still think they will go straight through L2.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
TheFryingSquad
March 24, 2023, 12:40pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Don’t see what the problem is, so what if they and their fans have had some fortune after years of nothing.  At least they are a proper football club with proper fans unlike:-

Salford fûcking City
Sutton fûcking United
Stevenage fûcking Borough
Fleetwood fûcking Town
Burton fûcking Albion
Forest fûcking Green fûcking Rovers
Harrogate fûcking Town
Crawley fûcking Town
And Bàstard MK Dons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
Maringer
March 24, 2023, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,556
Gold Stars: 185
Sutton United are a team which won promotion without massive financial backing, unlike the other teams in that list. Hardly fair to lump them in with the others who bought their way to promotion. Actually, I think Stevenage probably went up by merit as well, horrible as they've been during our encounters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
LH
March 24, 2023, 1:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Burton, Stevenage and Sutton all had money from cup runs which they invested wisely didn’t they? All the others are millionaire play things (or billionaire for Salford).
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
TheFryingSquad
March 24, 2023, 1:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Maringer
Sutton United are a team which won promotion without massive financial backing, unlike the other teams in that list. Hardly fair to lump them in with the others who bought their way to promotion. Actually, I think Stevenage probably went up by merit as well, horrible as they've been during our encounters.

Actually yes, I’ll concede Sutton.  Until a couple of weeks ago I thought they were based in Sutton Coldfield.  You’re not having Stevenage though, if you’ve ever been you’ll have noted that it makes Milton Keynes look like an architectural masterpiece.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
Poojah
March 24, 2023, 1:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,592
Gold Stars: 1,503
Speaking of MK Dons, we stopped off for a bite to eat next to their ground on the way down to Brighton last Friday night. I’ve never been to watch a game there on principle, but what a lovely looking ground they’ve got.

Really fúcked me off it did. I don’t like a world where the likes of Bury are completely out of the professional football ecosystem while they get to ponce around in their flashy, way too big stadium. They are quite literally the only club I would take pleasure in going bust and I genuinely hope I live to see that day.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
Son of Cod
March 24, 2023, 2:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah
Speaking of MK Dons, we stopped off for a bite to eat next to their ground on the way down to Brighton last Friday night. I’ve never been to watch a game there on principle, but what a lovely looking ground they’ve got.

Really fúcked me off it did. I don’t like a world where the likes of Bury are completely out of the professional football ecosystem while they get to ponce around in their flashy, way too big stadium. They are quite literally the only club I would take pleasure in going bust and I genuinely hope I live to see that day.

I've probably mentioned this before but I was next to the MK Dons fans at Wembley and I don't think I've ever been more proud to be a Town fan as I was in the moment when their Mexican Wave went half way around the stadium along their entire fanbase and arrived at the Town fans to be met with a wall of middle fingers. Danny Boshell's missed penalty was totally worth it to see the confused look on the faces of those children in jester hats on the other side of the divide between the two sets of fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2023, 2:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah

I've seen egg chasing there and it is good, there is no justice!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
Abdul19
March 24, 2023, 2:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
Must be a hell of a ground if it's making that guff good  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.